What kind of breakfast keeps you feeling full?

Options

Replies

• wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    my homemade bagel with egg and cheese as a sandwich... used to have to eat 2, but now I get through the day on just one... woohoo
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    I eat oatmeal. Very conveniant and quick to make. I usually throw a banana or some berries in it. On the mornings I have a little more time I have an egg, toast, peanutbutter and some veggie sausage. It powers me through right until lunch!:smile:
  • brittaniemarie88
    Options
    EGGS!! I do what is called an egg mug you make it in a mug in the microwave so its easy, quick, and feeling. My favorite is BTA (Bacon, Tomato, Avocado) egg mug its only 175 calories and keeps me full. Though for some reason it doesn't then I just snack on a Clementine.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    My fav is an egg white omelettewith smoked salmon bits, a teaspoon of quark and thinly sliced spring onions.:flowerforyou:
  • Fit4me123
    Options
    I also love Greek yogurt and granola for breakfast. It keeps me full for hours.
  • MommaNa
    MommaNa Posts: 15
    Options
    Oatmeal...with fruit...either Blueberries or apples...and a tablespoon of nuts!
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's so funny how so many different things work for different people. Some folks are filled up on a bagel. For me, I am ALWAYS hungrier after I've eaten one! I just don't eat them for that reason. I love eggs, but have to watch the cholesterol, and I'm not as big a fan of the Egg Beaters.

My breakfast, almost every day, is:

A huge bowl of Cheerios (about 2.2 cups) with a cup of 1% milk.
    320 Calories.
    Always keeps me full until lunch.
    And I never grow tired of it.
    And we buy Cheerios at Costco for really cheap! :bigsmile:
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    something high fat / protein.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Eggs with lots of grated, sauteéd veggies, or yogurt with ground flax seeds. Oatmeal never has held me over.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When doing a workout first thing in the morning ... I eat 1 slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tsp of all natural peanut butter 60 min prior ,,,, after my workout I eat a cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries, 2 large strawberries, ¼ cup of Special K Granola and a dash of fresh ground ginger .... with this I have already had 24 0z green tea and 32 oz H2O ... This takes place within a 3 hr span. After that I don't need a snack for 4 hrs ! Ha ! When not doing the early workout ... I skip the toast ! :)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a banana cut up in it.......very satisfying.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Fishsticks
  • kjjfisher
    kjjfisher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im doing a packet of Lower Sugar Oatmeal and protein shake :)
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    oatmeal...yum!
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but when I do eat I'll have one of two things. A whole wheat english muffin toasted with 2tbs of peanut butter. Or two eggs and 1 slice of cheese on whole wheat toast with ketchup.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I usually cook my eggs in the bacon grease too. The bacon is uncured nitrate free and That fat/protein keeps me filled super long and since I'm a busy mom and I work I need that.

I used to eat the kashi go lean cereal but the amount of sugar in that stuff is too much for my comfort level.

I tend to eat a pretty big breakfast and then each meal gets smaller as the day goes on.
  • hansenh1
    hansenh1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    go lean crunch with skim milk and half a banana sliced on it
    OR
    3 eggwhites with low fat cheese and a high fiber english muffin with berries
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Waffles, oddly enough (the frozen kind). If I eat cereal, I'm usually dying an hour later. Hard-boiled eggs aren't bad, either. I've tried yogurt and a piece of fruit, but that doesn't leave me feeling full for very long.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    6 egg whites + tons of veggies (mainly spinach, green onions, peppers, goat cheese) keeps me too full to eat my morning snack sometimes...

cals - 291
    carbs - 8
    fat - 9
    protein - 41

ETA stats