What kind of breakfast keeps you feeling full?

Options

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    any of the Emeralds Breakfast On the Go's and a glass of milk do me wonders!!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a sprinkle of wheat germ. So filling!

Serious question, can you taste wheat germ when you put it on things?
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, quick cook oats, with some berries tossed in. Or Egg beaters with fat free cheese and lots of veggies
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I could eat breakfast for every meal!

If I have time, I agree with everyone's posts about scrambled eggs/egg whites with salsa and cheese. I add a piece of Ezekial Sprouted 7-Grain bread, toasted, w/ just a tad bit of butter.
    My other favorite, which I eat at lunch sometimes is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with blueberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries and a packet of stevia.
    And, I know this is *sort of* naughty, but if I am in a real hurry an Egg McMuffin (yep from MickyD's) minus the top half.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have 2 to 4 pieces of bacon around 7am and that keeps me full. I work out at 10:30am and have my lunch at 11:30.
  • ctaylor311
    ctaylor311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Solid proteins, but I'm a carb-aholic. Two eggs, bacon, or sausage and if I'm occupied at work or putzing around the house, I'm golden. Otherwise, I might fall prey to bored-eating (I'm working on breaking that habit).
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A breakfast sandwich consisting of:

2 slices 35 calorie bread toasted
    Scrambled egg or equivalent egg substitute
    1 slice Sargento Sharp Cheddar

Assemble and microwave till cheese melts

Add fruit and a beverage. Voila! Breakfast.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with raisins and honey is good. when I run, I have eggs and sausage. I'd like to have bacon and beer.
  • shawn46106
    shawn46106 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1 cup of corned beef hash, 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of wheat toast, and 32oz of coffee. i love breakfast! lol
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been eating the following:

Smoothie
    1/2 c. of frozen raspberries
    1/2 c. of nonfat plain yogurt (Stonyfield is the creamiest)
    1/2 c. of Trop 50 apple juice

or
    1 c. frozen blueberries
    1/2 c. of Dole pineapple juice
    1 banana

So I drink one smoothie, which is between 110 calories (raspberry) to over 200 calories for the blueberry. I bought some pretty glasses, so it feels like a treat.

Along with the smoothie, I make a homemade Egg McMuffin.

1 multigrain low cal English muffin 100 calories
    1 poached egg about 80 calories
    1 piece of cheese melted on toasted muffin half - about 25 or 30 calories
    Sometimes, I add a piece of ham, 25 calories. These are sold in the round shape, same as McDs.

This sounds like a lot of work, but it's not. The blender, just add all ingredients and blend. Egg poaches quickly in a poacher, and toasting the English muffin is simple.

This breakfast is big, but it is a really good, full feeling, and I don't get hungry for a while.

If I'm in a rush, I sometimes eat a Clif zbar, which is made for kids but tastes great. (Brownie or chocolate chip).
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Eggs with ham and toast...
  • misty92
    misty92 Posts: 10
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of fiber one ceral and mix some rasberries or blueberries with it and my coffe of course.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I make a big batch of whole wheat buttermilk pancakes. I freeze the leftovers and reheat them all week long. I typically have two pancakes, with a little maple syrup, two links of turkey sausage and coffee with a 1/2 cup of 2% milk. It comes in right around 350 calories and keeps me full from 6:30 a.m. until lunchtime.

I used to eat old fashioned oats with fruit, nuts and a little half and half. It was fewer calories by about 50, but it didn't keep me full and I got really tired of oatmeal.
  • footballmom2000
    footballmom2000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have three egg whites and one whole egg. I also add a piece of multi grain toast with a little peanut butter before a big workout. My trainer also recommends oatmeal or banana.
    :smile:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    smoothies
    eggs
    cereal
    protein bars
    - always looking for new ideas!!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree with the egg people! Whites, whole, fried, scrambled, however! Sometimes with oatmeal, sometimes with toast. I log it all and will make up for it later if needed. I like my breakfast! I did cut down on juice. High in calories. A clementine works, only 35 calories and as satisfying as a glass of juice.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal for Breakfeast n I have one of those thins sandwhich things toasted. I put ginger and cinn in mine. With a little bit of skim milk or Almond milk .
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I also feel really full with a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch! It's so good too!

If I'm not having that, then I would make a egg white omelette (or two poached eggs, depending on my mood) with turkey bacon and a whole wheat English muffin. It keeps me going!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Oat Meal - eggs - steak - cottage cheese mixed with fruit
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Lately I've been having a 2 egg spinach omelette with minced onions & feta cheese and a piece of toast.
    It keeps me full for several hours.
    (: