How can I add oatmeal to my diet when I hate it?

Options

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the point of eating something you don't like? There's nothing in oats that can't be found in some other food.

This. I don't eat anything I do not like.
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    My daughter eats the flavored packets...maple and brown sugar....DRY!!!! DiSgUsTiNg!!!!
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Make oatmeal pancakes. You can us flavor instant oatmeal and add milk or water tell it is pancake texture. Eat plain or jelly :)

That's a really great idea. I'm going to have to buy some oats and try this. I LOVE pancakes...but know they're not the best option when trying to eat healthier. :) Thanks for the suggestion.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/386456-blueberry-muffin-oatmeal

Here is a recipe I came up with that I like, and I hate oatmeal too. Just play around with ideas. I also have a pumpkin pie one that I add 1/2 cup of pumpkin(I use Libby's) and a teaspoon of all spice and nutmeg with 2 ro 3 dashs of cinnamon.

And I use the quick oats on week days and old fashion on weekend due to time in the morning for work
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    I personally add cinnimon, a little brown sugar, and some raisins. Sometimes a splash of milk to thin it. Fast, filling and healthy. Helps with my cholesterol too. Hopefully you can find a way to prepare it so that you like it.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Also, in regards to the instant kind, I eat mine dry. No liquids at all.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Make some muffins. :smile:

That was exactly my suggestion! You can add banana, strawberries, or any other fruit in our recipe! Yummy!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You can get oatmeal bread, that might be a bit more tasty for you.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    No bake oatmeal bars. There's some recipes here: http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_200/244_protein-bar-recipes.html
  • MechanicalKid1
    Options
    UNDER-COOK IT!
    I'm sooo serious, it tastes really good. :P
    It won't look like oatmeal and definately doesn't have the same feel to it when you eat it, but the flavor is great.
    I know it sounds wierd but I recommend you at least try it.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I make granola out of my oats because oatmeal is too slimy eat. Same oats, same nutrients, same calories, no nasty slime. If you'd like a recipe, PM me and I'll send it to you.
  • nancy5012
    Options
    I'm with the other poster who says why eat oatmeal if you don't like it! I hate fish - in fact I had any type of seafood. I will not touch it. I find other healthy things to eat instead.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Porridge instead of Oatmeal! 40g of Oats, 150ml of Semi-skimmed/Skimmed milk on the hob until it's creamy. Absolutely delicious for only 180 calories plain! I usually top mine off with raisins, half a teaspon of cinnamon and half a teaspoon of brown sugar.
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    Pepridge farm oatmeal bread. I hate oatmeal too, and I like the bread.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Sounds like its mainly the texture you hate? Try steel cut or old-fashioned oats. The textures are totally different from the quick cook kind.

Make some home made granola and use it as a topping for fresh berries or yogurt (or both, in the form of a parfait).
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    My answer is, don't add it then.

No sense eating those calories when you hate them when you could actually use those cals on something you like.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it, I wouldn't force myself to eat somthing I didn't like, make other choices.......
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    exactly!
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i like oat smoothies 30 or 50 grams of oats 1 banana some honey some other fruits if you like them and blend really is super nice i like banana and date that is my fav i dont add honey to that one, i some times add nuts to the mix too depends what i fancy. oops forget to say add milk or water to the mix before blending
  • Gidget85
    Gidget85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OAT CAKES!!!!!!! Best Breakfast ever :)

1: Mix 1 egg and 1 egg white (organic if you can) with 1 package (again organic) instant oatmeal. I like the apple cinnamon myself

2: cook in a pan in the shape of pan cakes

3: enjoy!

I love it, best breakfast ever....ive been eating them for 2 months and am still not sick of them lol