What a Creep!

Options

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    What about a creep taking pictures of children at a park?

I am pretty sure he is well within his rights. People should have the right to run in public without being photographed by some creepy man in a van.

Unless you've got some kind of restrictions because of conviction for a child sex offense, it's legal.

What's right and what's legal isn't always the same thing.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Yes, hes a creeper. However, you were running in PUBLIC. He was within his legal rights to take pictures, because you are in a public setting and have no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Bottom line - You broke the law by taking his SD card. He was a creeper, but not doing anything illegal.

You want privacy while running? Buy a damn treadmill, and use it in your home.

I am pretty sure he is well within his rights. People should have the right to run in public without being photographed by some creepy man in a van.

.... He wasn't even close to "within his rights".

Don't believe me? Call the police station and ask. Yes, the guy was creepy, and you can call 911 and ask them to check him out, but you do NOT have the right to take or destroy his equipment.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I was once walking home from the chinese at like 1am, alone, 16/17 years old, and there was a blue van parked across the road. As I walked along the road, I noticed there was a guy sitting staring at me in the driver seat, with all the lights and engine etc off. I walked along the opposite side of the road for as long as i could, but eventually had to cross to get home, and when i starte to cross he revved his engine up and started slowly moving along the road next to me walking...I then turned the corner to go down my street and so did he (still staring). I was then about to start ****ing running and screaming for my dad...when he did a U turn and went away :|

was pretty damn scary.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I understand your reaction, but if I had a calm mind (50/50 on that), I might have first asked "Why are you taking my picture?"

There are many possible answers, most of them uncool, but still.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If there is no reasonable expectation of privacy, on a public street for instance, a photographer (or creeper) does not need your permission to take your photo.

(I'm sure this depends on where you're located, though.)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @lifeismoto: Thank You!!!!!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    well, aren't you a celebrity? lol

have you checked out what else is on that SD card yet? that might get interesting!! ha!
  • Avalonis
    Options
    well, aren't you a celebrity? lol

have you checked out what else is on that SD card yet? that might get interesting!! ha!

Sick ;)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is.. what OTHER pics were on that SD card!?!?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Unless you've got some kind of restrictions because of conviction for a child sex offense, it's legal.

What's right and what's legal isn't always the same thing.

It's not legal in the UK. It is not allowed that people take photos of children without permission.

Apologies, for some reason I could have sworn it was illegal, looks like it is not.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is.. what OTHER pics were on that SD card!?!?

Me too. :)
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    alright to all the law abiding citizens....I have just returned the SD to his house....I have however deleted all the pictures of me off of it...and there were no other pictures on it just a bunch or me...now if I am in fraction of some other law...I really do not care at this point...he has has blank card back...
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    B-zaar. Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons I no longer run outdoors. A girl was running a few towns over from me the other night, some sicko hit her on the head, pulled her in an alley and sexually molested her.

Luckily, you weren't injured.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    alright to all the law abiding citizens....I have just returned the SD to his house....I have however deleted all the pictures of me off of it...and there were no other pictures on it just a bunch or me...now if I am in fraction of some other law...I really do not care at this point...he has has blank card back...

I hope after all the trouble you gave him, you at least gave him a hummer.

(Yea, I'm going to hell. I'm ok with it.)
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I would have done the EXACT same thing LOL.....but this is why I stick to my elliptical in my home LOL
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hold up - do you know this guy? How did you know where he lived to return the disk?
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    maybe he was afraid you were casing the neighborhood for a burglary. :huh: do you live on that block or a different one?
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

With my knee in your crotch. OK I probably couldn't really do it. I can sure think about it. Real Hard.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I JUST LOL LIKE A DAMN FOUL
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good call. You're wanted all over town.

2937327.jpg