What a Creep!

Options

Replies

• yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hold up - do you know this guy? How did you know where he lived to return the disk?

I was wondering this too, since from what i understand the "creep" was in his van the whole time and just pulled into a driveway.

OAN: I am glad you returned it as he could have reported you for theft. And I agree with other posts about his legal rights. If you felt like you were in danger, why did you go up to the van? Sorry that just doesn't make sense to me.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hold up - do you know this guy? How did you know where he lived to return the disk?

I'm wondering this too
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Although I agree with taking the SD card and deleting all images of you my question is why didnt you call the cops. If he followed you, waited for you, and continued to take pics that might be a pretty good case for harassment and or stalking. Just a thought. I know when I walk I always have my phone on me. At least get the license plate # and report it. Just my opinion
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    ASL_Creepy_Guy_RE_How_old_are_youoptional_for_women_to_answer-s640x480-47855.jpg
    ROFLMAOOO
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    You can be photographed on a public street without your permission. What they cannot do is use those images of you for profit without your permission (unless you are a public figure, then all bets are off).

THIS! State laws vary but this is a very good black letter statement of the law in most states.
  • scorpiogirl100
    Options
    Did you see what else was on the card?....creepy guy...I can only imagine...probably weird stuff.
  • dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    Well it's nice you didn't go to jail for that. :o)
    Umm.... What about creep taking photos without permission. That's happened to me and I sure don't like it. You don't know why he was taking them or what he was planning to do with them. It’s assault really. It makes you upset, uneasy and fearful. How many times before you just can’t go for your run or walk the dog anymore? The “photographer” should be in jail. Just sayin’…

I find it insane how many folks are chiming in on this post and saying this guy is a creeper, but when the government does it in the same of security everyone jumps on board and has no problem spending millions on cameras. Every where we drive in public our cars are being recorded, license plates are scanned, and the [intersection | date time | plate number] are all stored in a database that can be used to recreate your daily routines. It's only when your privacy is being taken while you see when we get upset but big brother gets a free pass.

Everyone that says "Well I'm doing nothing wrong what do I have to worry about"

Note that governments can only create and enforce law and with the new fun word "Terrorism" anyone can become a criminal. With databases being built daily on your purchases, movements, associations with others, etc. It's not that they are searching haystacks for needles the computers will just aggregate the needles to the top of a search. Look at yourself as a single website in the ocean of the Internet and these public safety cameras as google crawling and logging your every move.

Just sayin'
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    alright to all the law abiding citizens....I have just returned the SD to his house....I have however deleted all the pictures of me off of it...and there were no other pictures on it just a bunch or me...now if I am in fraction of some other law...I really do not care at this point...he has has blank card back...

IF YOU KNOW WHERE HE LIVES CALL THE COPS.

Like serious note he could be wanted or could be on probation and something like that should be reported.
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes, hes a creeper. However, you were running in PUBLIC. He was within his legal rights to take pictures, because you are in a public setting and have no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Bottom line - You broke the law by taking his SD card. He was a creeper, but not doing anything illegal.

You want privacy while running? Buy a damn treadmill, and use it in your home.

you are so very right. you would have been arrested..
  • lifeismoto
    Options

No I do not know this guy at all....I am at a friends house and had to get my run in...the first time he came out of the house holding the camera...and the second time he was sitting in the garage so this is how I knew it was his house and I returned the empty card to his mailbox....

people are asking why did I go up to him if I was scared....well at no point did I say I was scared...he was in his 60's probably old fat man...I am fit and in my twenties...I was not afraid of him over powering me...I was sick that he would do that to me...and thinking about it the lap before I approached him...I thought if he is doing this to me what is he doing with women and children....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I thought if he is doing this to me what is he doing with women and children....
    Maybe he's only interested in fit guys in their twenties.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    I thought if he is doing this to me what is he doing with women and children....
    Maybe he's only interested in fit guys in their twenties.

maybe...still creepy and should not be allowed lol
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    What did your friend say about his behavior?

Reason I ask. Growing up there was this insanely nosey lady across the street. She knew everyone's business. I never saw her with a camera, but if there were someone new in the neighborhood who didn't belong running laps, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see her come out with one.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    Friend didn't know the guy...he said no one really no any one to be honest...everyone keeps to themselves...
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can be photographed on a public street without your permission. What they cannot do is use those images of you for profit without your permission (unless you are a public figure, then all bets are off).
    Exactly.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Well it's nice you didn't go to jail for that. :o)
    Umm.... What about creep taking photos without permission. That's happened to me and I sure don't like it. You don't know why he was taking them or what he was planning to do with them. It’s assault really. It makes you upset, uneasy and fearful. How many times before you just can’t go for your run or walk the dog anymore? The “photographer” should be in jail. Just sayin’…

I find it insane how many folks are chiming in on this post and saying this guy is a creeper, but when the government does it in the same of security everyone jumps on board and has no problem spending millions on cameras. Every where we drive in public our cars are being recorded, license plates are scanned, and the [intersection | date time | plate number] are all stored in a database that can be used to recreate your daily routines. It's only when your privacy is being taken while you see when we get upset but big brother gets a free pass.

Everyone that says "Well I'm doing nothing wrong what do I have to worry about"

Note that governments can only create and enforce law and with the new fun word "Terrorism" anyone can become a criminal. With databases being built daily on your purchases, movements, associations with others, etc. It's not that they are searching haystacks for needles the computers will just aggregate the needles to the top of a search. Look at yourself as a single website in the ocean of the Internet and these public safety cameras as google crawling and logging your every move.

Just sayin'
    You had me until "Just sayin'"
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    What? You didn't even try to get a free dinner? Dude, thats bull****! Never pass up a chance for free food.

Amateurs Koos, amateurs...
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    alright to all the law abiding citizens....I have just returned the SD to his house....I have however deleted all the pictures of me off of it...and there were no other pictures on it just a bunch or me...now if I am in fraction of some other law...I really do not care at this point...he has has blank card back...

I hope after all the trouble you gave him, you at least gave him a hummer.

(Yea, I'm going to hell. I'm ok with it.)

With my knee in your crotch. OK I probably couldn't really do it. I can sure think about it. Real Hard.

.... Ok then. I'm going to just assume you were joking, and not ACTUALLY so immature to be angered enough to want to inflict personal injury on me because of a differing of opinion.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who really doesn't find this creepy at all? In my state you can photograph anything you want that happens publicly (unless otherwise posted)...you can't however steal things that other people are showing you in good faith. I suppose he could have asked to take photos, and you could have asked to have them deleted. But whatever, just don't see this as a creepy occurrence at all.
  • mojoajo1971
    Options
    if i was you i would change where i run or take a friend with ya that would scare me to death