Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Subway is disguised as healthy. I call the place "GMO Sandwich Shop." The food there is actually not that nutritious. All of their vegetables come pre-cut in plastic bags and are usually washed with ammonia or bleach at the packing facility (I've bitten into cucumber, lettuce, and bell peppers that taste like kitchen cleaner). The meat is low-quality, filled with nitrates, and loaded with sodium. The bread is made with genetically modified wheat and the omega-3 bread (which they try to pass as the healthiest they have) contains high fructose corn syrup.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll drop by my local farmer's market store for a sandwich or pack my own made with nitrate-free meat, organic veggies and condiments, and gluten-free bread.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    And most of this testimony is 2nd hand from people I know who are former employees.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it from time to time (especially when on a road-trip and faced with that or a pie from the service station, like this summer!).

But I've always been curious as to why it seems that, no matter what I get them to put on the damn sandwich, it always tastes the same! Every sub I've ever had has tasted like a Subway sandwich. I know that sounds obvious, but it's weird to me that no matter what meat or salad or sauce I get, it tastes like Subway.
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just feel like if I am going to get a sub sandwich I am going to go to Jimmy Johns, I think it tastes better and I think they are pretty close calorie/sodium wise and its easier to track the nutrition on Jimmy Johns website than subways.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    And now that you've taken this awesome survey to satisfy your curiosity, what'll you do with 9 pages of responses? I know I'm waiting on the edge of my seat!

My fascination with Subway stems from Jared. What a hottie... *fanning self*
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    And now that you've taken this awesome survey to satisfy your curiosity, what'll you do with 9 pages of responses? I know I'm waiting on the edge of my seat!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I :heart: it!!!!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I live in a town of around 9,000 people. Subway IS the healthy choice here. But I don't eat there because it's "healthy", I eat there because I am learning to fit the foods I like and want into a normal lifestyle. And on the days I don't pack a lunch, my options are very limited as I live too far out of town to run home and I don't get an actual lunch break anyhow. So I go to subway and get my magic food that that I greatly enjoy that has veggies and protein on it. People who don't like it, shouldn't eat there. People who do like it probably know they could do better eating something from home, but that isn't always an option.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I like their sandwiches....Although Jimmy Johns is better.
  • beckym71
    Options
    I think it's publishable for sure

Bwaahhhaaa!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    aside from sodium what is so bad about it?

Did you see the post about the user that had too low of sodium, got dehydrated, passed out and got badly injured? Was an eye opener for me! Now I don't even mind the sodium as much - would rather not pass out D:

Too low sodium is bloody dangerous, that's for sure!

Is that the women who drank too much water as well as low sodium?

I don't know of the exact case, but I did know a girl once that did just what you have described. By the time she went to the doctors, her electrolytes were all over the place and wrong.

Her cells had all swollen up due to such a low sodium level in her body - it would be like drowning....
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would much rather go to Atwater's. All ingredients are listed and are all natural. Incredible freshness....Too bad I half to travel 2:30 hours to get it....
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Because it gives me the satisfaction of watch a female make my sammich right in front of me.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I always feel so disappointed in myself after I eat at Subway.

It's loaded with sodium as well.

I just feel disappointed. That I spent $6 and I am still hungry and need to go somewhere else to eat.
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options

this always gets sunkisses hot and bothered...

jared.png
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

this always gets sunkisses hot and bothered...

jared.png
    *throws panties on the stage*
  • Oliver_Cat_13
    Oliver_Cat_13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Subway is usually a better choice than grabbing a burger and fries at your local McDonald's, but it definitely is nowhere near as healthy as many sandwiches you could make at home.

In my opinion, it'll do in a pinch, but I would NEVER go out of my way to go to a Subway.
  • Adrian1982
    Options
    I love Subway. I usually get the veggie delite sandwich on honey oat bread. It isn't that bad for you.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/443703-why-are-people-so-obsessed-with-subway

what does OP mean. Have seen it on other topics and even took time to scroll back thru to see if it was a UN, but it wasn't.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It's all in what you decide to eat from there. If you pick a healthier option, and are careful, it will be low cal and low sodium. It's not that subway isn't healthy. It is. However, there are also unhealthy options. When I eat there I do very well. I usually get a salad, or 6 inch of some sort. I read about what I am eating, before I eat it. Subway is not as bad as other "fast food" places.
  • beckym71
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/443703-why-are-people-so-obsessed-with-subway

what does OP mean. Have seen it on other topics and even took time to scroll back thru to see if it was a UN, but it wasn't.
    Original poster