Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I agree...At the end of the day it's still fast food with an extremely high salt content however it's a fast food joint that offers healthier options than other places. I can still get a veggie sub for under 300 calories. It's funny and ironic bc my parents own a few Subways but its still rare that I eat it.

My sodioum levels along with my blood pressure fine. And I eat Subway frequently. Sodium gets a bad rap sometimes.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is obsessed with Subway. However, we've all been in situations where fast food is the only option, and a Subway sandwich can be the healthiest choice. People like to complain about their stinginess with cheese/meat, but I actually enjoy having a sandwich full of fresh veggies every now and then.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Oh and i happen to like the flat bread, toasted. It is not unhealthy if you add lots of veggies and a little bit of meat, flat bread and they have low fat cheese if you ask... at least that is what they told me. lol
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I try not to lie to myself about meeting ronald mcdonald late that one night

mc4.jpg
    LMBO that is funny!!!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wegman's subs are delicious. OMG. I'm glad the closest Wegmans is now two hours away. Otherwise I'd be in trouble..oh and their bialys are yummy too. Their subs are so packed with meat and amazing bread. dying...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,

Rude much?

OP is most definitely not a troll! She's a very supportive friend!!

She is entitled to her opinion and if you don't like it don't read it!!

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the post. Do you know what a troll is?

OP you sure seem overly sensitive and attacking right back.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Between McD's and Subway I'd go with Subway. It really depends on WHAT you eat at both as to WHERE you eat. You can order a salad at McD's and order a healthy sub at Subway. I don't eat out all that much (maybe 1 or 2 times a month if that) Sometimes grabbing a sub on they way home is a treat from having to cook all the time.

I bring all the food I'm going to eat at work for the whole day then I come home and make dinner. Having someone else make the food is nice once in a while.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I've never liked subway. Always thought it was nasty. Sure, you can get healthier options there, like salads and veggie sandwiches, but the meat- it's something very weird. Gives me the heebie jeebies! And I wont even start on their pre cooked eggs! Blah! Then again, I suppose I like my eggs cooked to order WHEN I ORDER THEM.
    Options
    And as for my answer: When I am on campus I will get subway since I have almost no other option and if I bring a lunch it gets mushed in my back pack D: Getting a spinach salad, with crunchy veggies (no meat or cheese) and no peppers and such can make for a healthy filling meal :] So sometimes I do like it for convenience, and sometimes I just want a flatbread veggie delight! Not too unhealthy really - the veggies still have there fiber and vitamins and I actually really do love the taste :D
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?

**Obviously this question hit a sore spot with some people. I am not judging people food choices, it is a legit question.

i walked past subway today on my walk and i loved the smell!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    At least it's not McDonalds...

At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds. It is what it is. But subway pretends not to be what it is.

...K :huh:

Yeah I don't get it either.

If you load any sandwich with fatty toppings, you will get a fatty sandwich. Subway just allows much more options for a "fast food" place.
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just love sandwiches! I actually always preferred Blimpie but they all closed up :sad:

I think as far as getting something quick, there are worse things than Subway. I love the ham and cheese (no cheese when I'm being really diligent) on flatbread with lots of extra lettuce, peppers, onions and jalapenos.

It can be a lot of sodium, but as far as fast food goes, there are certainly worse options.

Now I'm craving Subway....:bigsmile:
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not a fan at all, doesn't taste fresh either.. it feels like I'm eating 'fake' healthy food lol
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

heh ---> That made me think of one time i was in boston. I stopped in a subway to pick up lunch and it was bitter cold outside. A bum was sitting inside and after about, oh, 20 seconds, I realized he was sitting in his own feces/urine. Holy hell, it was the absolute worst thing I have ever smelled. I couldn't even walk past him, I ducked out the back door so I could get away as fast as I could.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Im a total baddie when it comes to subway. I dont go in there because its "healthy". I go there because the Big Philly Steak and pepperjack cheese with chipolte sauce is WAY nommy. Is it better? No. But if Im on the run and low on calories and I can fit it in.... I do.
    Options
    Maybe my taste buds don't work as well as others xD I don't taste "fake" healthy veggies. Onions, spinach, tomato, bell peppers always taste pretty good to me :D
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options

heh ---> That made me think of one time i was in boston. I stopped in a subway to pick up lunch and it was bitter cold outside. A bum was sitting inside and after about, oh, 20 seconds, I realized he was sitting in his own feces/urine. Holy hell, it was the absolute worst thing I have ever smelled. I couldn't even walk past him, I ducked out the back door so I could get away as fast as I could.

lol, yea, what i smelled today did not smell like that :indifferent: :laugh:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It's packed with Sodium yes, but it's one of the healthiest of the fast food chains when you are on the go!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,

Rude much?

OP is most definitely not a troll! She's a very supportive friend!!

She is entitled to her opinion and if you don't like it don't read it!!

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the post. Do you know what a troll is?

OP you sure seem overly sensitive and attacking right back.

I didn't know what a troll was until I was called one. I don't believe I am being sensitive, perhaps I am attacking though. :ohwell: Or defending myself? Not sure. I am quite over this now anyway. I will look at how I word things in the future.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just appreciate not being attacked by extremely sensitive people.
    Folks responded to a very pointed question with their own opinions. Just because they have differing opinions, and called you on your "honest question", does not make them "extremely sensitive".