Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?

**Obviously this question hit a sore spot with some people. I am not judging people food choices, it is a legit question.

I remember going into a Subway and asking for a cheese baguette thingy a few years back. They stuck loads and loads of lettuce in and ONE square of cheese - you know the cheese slices that are used for putting on top to make a cheese-burger? Yes, one of those.

When I asked for a little more cheese, I was told that it would cost me another 40 pence. Now, it was not the money that bothered me in the slightest, I mean, 40 pence is hardly going to break the bloody bank. No, what really got my goat was when I protested that ONE slice of cheese was not covering the baguette and it was not enough.

Their reply? "Not my problem"

"Not mine either" I replied and left them holding the baguette whilst I walked out of the shop.

I have never been to a Subway since, they take the piss.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    OK. Were are you from America? Obviously my way of talking has not translated well via a forum.
    Wow. Where in the English-speaking world is "At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds." not judgmental? :laugh: Someone from the UK, South Africa, Australia... help me out here.
    I knew that would get the incorrect interpretation. I was referring to my original post where you first took offence. My way of talking about the smell.
    Ah... Does "putrid" mean something else where you are from?

Imagine if I posted something along the lines of...

"Why are people obsessed with English food? Every time I go to London, and the putrid smell hits my nostrils, I gag. Why do you like English cuisine?"

Think that would go over very well with folks in England? By making it clear that I find it disgusting, and then asking why anyone would like it... I've set up the conditions for a ****storm.

I definitely wouldn't attack you for it. I would find it funny because what is English cuisine? Is it fish and chips? Sausages? Stew? Not sure. Is subway not in England? Is it purely for others? I really wouldn't give a *kitten*. You know why? Because I wouldn't take it personally. Its cool if the smell makes you gag. I would answer it as nice as possible because I am not particularly sensitive about these subjects or the way people discuss them.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    She is entitled to her opinion and if you don't like it don't read it!!

Yes, but how do you know you don't like her opinion unless you've read it? :laugh:

I had Subway yesterday. 6" turkey on wheat with lettuce and tomato. I'm very aware of the sodium content. It's one of the things i track in my diary. I had it because I like it and that's what I wanted for lunch. No big mystery. Oh, I also have McD's, BK, In n Out, Dominos, etc... on occasion. Because I like them.
  • khua0808
    Options
    Because I'm obsessed with knowing as exact as a macronutrient/calories I'm taking and individual bagel stores or deli shops don't exactly offer that.... though you can estimate it but I'm pretty OCD about it. So If I grab a quick lunch subway is the way to go..
  • hailzp
    Options
    You want to exercise your right to free thinking and you are serious, you are curious as to why people like subway? BS, I am glad Socrates, Plato and Aristotle were able to think on a much higher level.... The smell of troll makes me gag........

Dude. chill out. I am not a troll. This is ridiculous. I will definitely reevaluate my way of asking a question next time.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Back to the original question. I eat there 2 out of 6 meals per day on average. Started doing that on October 1st. I order two 6" subs, switching between the turkey, tuna, chicken breast and every so often the meatball. All on wheat, no cheese or mayo but loaded with veggies. I'd be hard pressed to get that many veggies at any other "fast food" joint.

The ticker below tells you everything else you need to know.

Now where's my endorsement check?
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm I would kill for a Spicy Italian on IItalian Herb & Cheese right about now.

Aww man, I miss that so much. I gave it up in place of a Turkey Breast sub (no cheese, no sauce) and tons of salad last year.

Honestly, I'd be a lot better of if I ate subway more often than I do. I've been making the healthier choice there for the past year, but I usually end up eating at some chain restaurant or other like Pizza Express and opt for some huge pizza and wine which is not kind to my waist or my purse.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I will definitely reevaluate my way of asking a question next time.
    :drinker:

You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.
  • hailzp
    Options
    Back to the original question. I eat there 2 out of 6 meals per day on average. Started doing that on October 1st. I order two 6" subs, switching between the turkey, tuna, chicken breast and every so often the meatball. All on wheat, no cheese or mayo but loaded with veggies. I'd be hard pressed to get that many veggies at any other "fast food" joint.

thanks for a legit answer!!! Check is in the post.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You want to exercise your right to free thinking and you are serious, you are curious as to why people like subway? BS, I am glad Socrates, Plato and Aristotle were able to think on a much higher level.... The smell of troll makes me gag........

Dude. chill out. I am not a troll. This is ridiculous. I will definitely reevaluate my way of asking a question next time.

Yeah right, I believe you!! Yes I really do. I am bored too though so its all good...........
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Because I'm obsessed with knowing as exact as a macronutrient/calories I'm taking and individual bagel stores or deli shops don't exactly offer that.... though you can estimate it but I'm pretty OCD about it. So If I grab a quick lunch subway is the way to go..

Exactly! Again, I don't eat it, but if I did, this would be why!
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Was that really an answer?? WOW you are easy to please......... I am surprised his ticker didnt make you gag.............
  • hailzp
    Options

Yeah right, I believe you!! Yes I really do. I am bored too though so its all good...........

Oh I live for you to believe me. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    This thread smells like Shakelogy
  • hailzp
    Options

Was that really an answer?? WOW you are easy to please......... I am surprised his ticker didnt make you gag.............

Maybe I just appreciate not being attacked by extremely sensitive people.
  • MandieBellie
    MandieBellie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't eat subway often, but I don't get what is so bad about it. it's a lot better than other fast food options, and you can load your sandwich up with veggies. The sodium count comes into play with the cold cuts, but if your not all concerned about sodium because you drink plenty of water and/or even with a subway sandwich you are still under your sodium levels, then I hardly see what is so bad about it.

agree!
  • NYPetite
    Options
    I agree...At the end of the day it's still fast food with an extremely high salt content however it's a fast food joint that offers healthier options than other places. I can still get a veggie sub for under 300 calories. It's funny and ironic bc my parents own a few Subways but its still rare that I eat it.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat subway every thursday and I have lost over 100 pounds - it is WAY better than other fast food places for you and if you don't pack on the mayo or other dressings if really isn't that bad, you just need to plan ahead!

Just my two cents
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey Subway drop that Jared dude!! Dont know why.. Hmmm
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I try not to lie to myself about meeting ronald mcdonald late that one night

mc4.jpg