What are you losing weight for?

Options

Replies

• Super13
    Options
    I have this last chance to avoid getting type 2 diabetes. I need to lose the weight and try to get off of various meds I am on. My first diet my mom put me on was in 2nd grade, I took "metrical". (precursor to slim fast?..) to school for lunch. I don't remember being in single digit size clothes ever.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i got sick of being a fat lazy unhealthy slob
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My health
    So I can run faster/better/easier
    Getting pregnant (in the future) at a healthy weight
    Vanity
    Bikini
    To say I did

That's pretty much it.
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    myself and myself alone! I want my girls to eat healthy but the weight.. that's all me!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Summer will be here before we know it ;)
  • KatSparkles1
    KatSparkles1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To be healthy for myself, my husband, and our future chidren. :smile:
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    There is little I can control in my crazy life and I see this as a gift for myself.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    My health is secondary and maybe even tertiary to wanting to 1) shut a couple of the voices in my head the hell up/make them happy and 2) be the cute, lovely one. I need my big, overgrown, wide body to reflect the type of person I am. A very small amount of my health problems stem from my weight. (I don't have angina/heart issues because of my weight, e.g. They stem from problems with my collagen/veins.) However, my head is jacked and my weight contributed to that.

No one gives a *kitten* about anything about you save for weight. You can't be f*cked up and fat. No one cares. If you're thin and mental, people care. I know it's probably a horrible/negative answer, but it's honest.
  • CippyP
    CippyP Posts: 2
    Options
    To get rid of my little beer belly, i plan to loose 5 pounds my first month, i love the support of this site, and a good friend who recommended me here, than i plan to loose more next month
  • carissaharkins
    carissaharkins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and take pretty pictures again. I miss being fit and sexy. My confidence is out the window. But I have been working hard and I am starting to see it a little bit thank god! On that note, every one of you inspire me. Thank you and good luck. :)

13476992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight & getting healthy for me, myself, and I :)
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    My Senior Prom!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mexico!!! And bikini season in general :)
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    To start over.

I am not pleased with the way I got fat the first time, so I want to give it another go :)
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    dance, hoping to go semi pro:)
  • Marie_Little
    Options
    Because I am in the army. Lose weight or lose my job.
  • rhiannon1621
    rhiannon1621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For Me.
    So I can wear all the cute fashionable clothes and not feel self concious.
    So When I go to the bar with my girlfriends, I get hit on too, and don't just have to play wing woman.
    So I can go to the beach in a bikini, without people thinking I'm a beached whale.
    So someone can be attracted to me physically before getting to know me, and realizing I'm twice as awesome on the inside.
    So that I can make everyone who ever doubted me feel like an idiot.
    So that I can finish what I started, for once.

I absolutley love this..... exactly how I feel as well! and I swear the next time I hear, you have such a pretty face I'm going to scream, I'd just love to be told "your pretty"
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Strictly for me, myself, and I. Was tired of being fat and hated the aches and pains that accompany it. Feeling much, much healthier now.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    To dress slutty and show people I have an awesome toned body. Plus to prove my haters wrong and make all the people who made fun of me back then kick themselvs in the *kitten* and *kitten* to my hot pics on Facebook. The end.