OT: Cake

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

So could 3 and 6 be done in smoot buttercream?

Oh definately. And it would probably cost less than covering in fondant as well.

I think we have a winner!!!! speedmetal.gif

It had the most votes and I was torn between 1, 3, 5, and 6. You are right about 5 being too loud and all fondant :sick: 1, well, I like it but it's only gonna be 3 tiers so may be too small in that design ???, 3 was one of my favs right away, and 6 I love it too......but since there were more votes for 3 it helped me make the decision. I couldn't make my mind up so I used this as a tiebreaker :drinker: :smokin: :bigsmile:

Or wait! It's because Shannon told me to pick it! :flowerforyou: :wink:
    Nice going, mizzymiz! :flowerforyou:

I choose #3. Order that one, kellch! :angry:

So #3 it is!!!!

Cake3.jpg

Thanks all :smooched:

And the cake topper:

JustCakeToppers_com_Image_WS7087.jpg

LOVE it! That's going to look so classy all put together! :love:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I think we have a winner!!!! speedmetal.gif

It had the most votes and I was torn between 1, 3, 5, and 6. You are right about 5 being too loud and all fondant :sick: 1, well, I like it but it's only gonna be 3 tiers so may be too small in that design ???, 3 was one of my favs right away, and 6 I love it too......but since there were more votes for 3 it helped me make the decision. I couldn't make my mind up so I used this as a tiebreaker :drinker: :smokin: :bigsmile:

So #3 it is!!!!

Cake3.jpg

Thanks all :smooched:

And the cake topper:

JustCakeToppers_com_Image_WS7087.jpg

It's going to be beeeee-U-ti-ful! Yeah Kellch! Insert clapping smiley here (I'm too lazy to look for one)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    i found one for you. :bigsmile:

applause.gif
  • pettmybunny
    Options

hehe I am! I'm so looking forward to a girly cake. I've done a dog cake, a monkey cake & hardware cupcakes for Zeke. I did a football field w/ giant football & beach scene cupcakes for Micah.

I'm looking forward to using my pinks & purples. :bigsmile: My friend did a tea party cake for her daughter's first b.day & it was SO cute!

Ooooh Ooooh (I'm bouncing in my seat) it's her first b-day, isn't it? Make her a bee out of a cupcake for her smash cake!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

hehe I am! I'm so looking forward to a girly cake. I've done a dog cake, a monkey cake & hardware cupcakes for Zeke. I did a football field w/ giant football & beach scene cupcakes for Micah.

I'm looking forward to using my pinks & purples. :bigsmile: My friend did a tea party cake for her daughter's first b.day & it was SO cute!

Ooooh Ooooh (I'm bouncing in my seat) it's her first b-day, isn't it? Make her a bee out of a cupcake for her smash cake!

Good idea! I've been trying to think of what to do for that. Yay!...although I am :grumble: :angry: :noway: about her turning 1, though. :laugh:

Sorry about the thread hijack, Kellch! I really do love the cake. Did I ever tell you that the cake I GOT at my wedding was not the cake I ORDERED for my wedding? It was neat. :indifferent:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER hijacked a thread :angry:

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!! Sorry couldn't keep the straight face for long with that one :laugh:

It's all yours ladies :smooched: Thanks for all the help :flowerforyou:
    It's ok...you're still talking cake :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    reception005.jpg

THIS is my cake & it looks nothing like the one I ordered. That icing was about 3" thick...I kid you not.:noway:
  • pettmybunny
    Options

Good idea! I've been trying to think of what to do for that. Yay!...although I am :grumble: :angry: :noway: about her turning 1, though. :laugh:

Sorry about the thread hijack, Kellch! I really do love the cake. Did I ever tell you that the cake I GOT at my wedding was not the cake I ORDERED for my wedding? It was neat. :indifferent:

Ummm... what happened with your wedding cake?

I didn't have a hard time when my boy turned 1... I think 8 hit me the worst (I also turned 30 that year or 31... Gosh I can't remember... am counting on my fingers and still can't figure it out). This past one, when he turned 15 was also pretty hard. He looks soooo grown up now. And next year, with him getting a license won't be easy either...
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    reception005.jpg

THIS is my cake & it looks nothing like the one I ordered. That icing was about 3" thick...I kid you not.:noway:

mmmmm.... frosting.... :tongue:

That's a lot of pillars by the way! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I still don't know what happened to my cake. We ordered it from a picture that had very little icing on it. Very little design on it. Frosting was NOT dripping off of it (like you see in the pic above). It was supposed to have very little red roses along the edges. I walked into the reception hall on our way to the church for the wedding, looked at my cake & said, "umm...that's not my cake." Too late now! The whole wedding wasn't anything I wanted anyways so it was just one more for the list. *eye roll* It TASTED great, though!
  • kellch
    Options
    reception005.jpg

It's still pretty :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    reception005.jpg

My cake wasn't the color I wanted, nor was it very pretty. :indifferent:

I can laugh about it.......now.......... :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    reception005.jpg

My cake wasn't the color I wanted, nor was it very pretty. :indifferent:

I can laugh about it.......now.......... :laugh:

I thought you said you couldn't remember it? new_all_coholic.gif

OH!!! did you see my decision? See previous page :angry:

:smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My wedding was so insane I just laughed (and :drinker:) the whole day. Not enough to forget all the crap that went wrong, though. :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    [

The one I choose!!!! :drinker:

You have impeccable taste, my dear. :smokin:
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Great cake Kellch! Love love love :love: it.

Are you going to freeze a piece for your 1 year anniversary?

-Heather
  • 3babybeans
    Options

-Heather

Just don't freeze the entire top of it. I think 10# of what I had to lose was b/c of the top of that damn cake. :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    [

The one I choose!!!! :drinker:

You have impeccable taste, my dear. :smokin:

• kellch
    Options

-Heather

Thanks Heather :flowerforyou:

Yes I am.......well actually, I don't know. This cake place said they give us a free cake on our anniversary made the same way if we want it. Maybe we'll do both :laugh: :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options

-Heather

Just don't freeze the entire top of it. I think 10# of what I had to lose was b/c of the top of that damn cake. :laugh:

:laugh:

I'll give him the bigger pieces :bigsmile: :devil: