OT: Cake

Options

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Great cake Kellch! Love love love :love: it.

Are you going to freeze a piece for your 1 year anniversary?

-Heather

Just don't freeze the entire top of it. I think 10# of what I had to lose was b/c of the top of that damn cake. :laugh:

Icky, does anybody eat anything that's been in their freezer for a year? If you freeze the whole top (which is what we did) we ate some for our 1 week anniversary, 2 week anniversary, 3 week anniversary, and our whole family ate a piece for our one month anniversary. It was already a bit on the ick side by the time the month went by (of course it wasn't as perfectly sealed all along)

Generally, the thing to do now is to order a "replica" of the wedding top for your anniversary. Some bakeries (ok, only one here in our town) will include that in the price of your cake.
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options

-Heather

Thanks Heather :flowerforyou:

Yes I am.......well actually, I don't know. This cake place said they give us a free cake on our anniversary made the same way if we want it. Maybe we'll do both :laugh: :drinker:

You know ... given the choice between one cake and two cakes, I will always choose more cake. I suggest you follow suit. :wink: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

-Heather

Just don't freeze the entire top of it. I think 10# of what I had to lose was b/c of the top of that damn cake. :laugh:

Icky, does anybody eat anything that's been in their freezer for a year? If you freeze the whole top (which is what we did) we ate some for our 1 week anniversary, 2 week anniversary, 3 week anniversary, and our whole family ate a piece for our one month anniversary. It was already a bit on the ick side by the time the month went by (of course it wasn't as perfectly sealed all along)

Generally, the thing to do now is to order a "replica" of the wedding top for your anniversary.

I ate it & I loved it. We busted it out for our 6 month anniversary, though. DH discovered that the top of it was a spice cake & then refused to eat any more...I couldn't let it go to waste! :angry:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    lol... take your bakery up on the offer... I didn't see your post as I was typing mine!
  • mizzymiz
    Options

I ate it & I loved it. We busted it out for our 6 month anniversary, though. DH discovered that the top of it was a spice cake & then refused to eat any more...I couldn't let it go to waste! :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: Heck no! It would be a shame to waste a cake... I mean, think of all those without cake! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

-Heather

Thanks Heather :flowerforyou:

Yes I am.......well actually, I don't know. This cake place said they give us a free cake on our anniversary made the same way if we want it. Maybe we'll do both :laugh: :drinker:

You know ... given the choice between one cake and two cakes, I will always choose more cake. I suggest you follow suit. :wink: :laugh:

cheers to that :drinker:

I like the way you think :smokin:
  • kellch
    Options
    lol... take your bakery up on the offer... I didn't see your post as I was typing mine!

Oh yes...I will :devil: :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    Options

You sicko! And I mean that in the nicest most wonderful way :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: Heck no! It would be a shame to waste a cake... I mean, think of all those without cake! :bigsmile: :laugh:

Seriously! I was doing it to save humanity, really.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

You sicko! And I mean that in the nicest most wonderful way :smooched:

And I wonder how I ended up here. :laugh:
  • mizzymiz
    Options

Truly, you are just doing your job as a world citizen. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I know! I'm glad someone else appreciates my efforts to better the universe. :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options

I know! I'm glad someone else appreciates my efforts to better the universe. :bigsmile:

I appreciate you......let me know if you ever need help with something like that again :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    So do we get to help you pick out the groom tomorrow?? :laugh: :smokin: :devil:
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!
  • kellch
    Options
    :angry:

I already found one:bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

Already picked 3 :laugh: but thanks :flowerforyou: the only reason I didnt get 5 is because I want the buttercream frosting thoug :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:blushing: Why can't we be two "brides"?? :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I vote for cake #5!

Already picked 3 :laugh: but thanks :flowerforyou: the only reason I didnt get 5 is because I want the buttercream frosting thoug :flowerforyou:

I read this as "...becuase I want the buttercream frosting THONG." :laugh: Whatever, Kellch, but that's a little TMI, IMO. *giggle*
  • kellch
    Options

:blushing: Why can't we be two "brides"?? :wink:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: