Ladies around 5'4 results?!

Options

Replies

• branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Remember it's not all about a number! I am 5'5". The day I got married I was 123 lbs and a size 6 or 8. At that time I approached it as calorie restriction and I was not very active. I would walk, but overall, no sports or weight lifting. I was thin and now, looking back, I must have had ZERO energy.

Then, four children later I started the weight loss journey and got into very good shape, but that time around I was very actively playing sports and had added weight lifting to my routine as well. (when I say weight lifting I mean lighter weights for toning, not bulking up :smile:) I lost the weight, was a size 4 and I weighed 143 lbs! So I was 20 lbs heavier than the day I got married but 1-2 sizes smaller all due to the fact that I was finally exercizing and using weights to add lean muscle mass.

It was very strange to me and I had a hard time embracing the number. In my mind I 'still' had 20 lbs to lose and ultimately it cost me dearly. I gave up out of sheer frustration because no matter how hard I tried I could not lose the weight and now I'm back to the starting point having gained back 50 lbs!!! And while I'm an intelligent woman, I was so fixated on "The Number" that I could not reconcile that I had replaced all my FAT with beautiful lean muscles. I felt great, looked great, but had sabotaged my success because some chart somewhere decided I should weigh no more than 120-135 (or whatever the number 'should' be)

So this time around I will see success through how I FEEL and not worry about "The Number" !!! This will be a way of life - healthier choices and an active lifestyle.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Remember it's not all about a number! I am 5'5". The day I got married I was 123 lbs and a size 6 or 8. At that time I approached it as calorie restriction and I was not very active. I would walk, but overall, no sports or weight lifting. I was thin and now, looking back, I must have had ZERO energy.

Then, four children later I started the weight loss journey and got into very good shape, but that time around I was very actively playing sports and had added weight lifting to my routine as well. (when I say weight lifting I mean lighter weights for toning, not bulking up :smile:) I lost the weight, was a size 4 and I weighed 143 lbs! So I was 20 lbs heavier than the day I got married but 1-2 sizes smaller all due to the fact that I was finally exercizing and using weights to add lean muscle mass.

It was very strange to me and I had a hard time embracing the number. In my mind I 'still' had 20 lbs to lose and ultimately it cost me dearly. I gave up out of sheer frustration because no matter how hard I tried I could not lose the weight and now I'm back to the starting point having gained back 50 lbs!!! And while I'm an intelligent woman, I was so fixated on "The Number" that I could not reconcile that I had replaced all my FAT with beautiful lean muscles. I felt great, looked great, but had sabotaged my success because some chart somewhere decided I should weigh no more than 120-135 (or whatever the number 'should' be)

So this time around I will see success through how I FEEL and not worry about "The Number" !!! This will be a way of life - healthier choices and an active lifestyle.

Thank you so much for sharing this- I'm 5'4'' and was 120 the day I got married, wearing a size 6. I gained half of that weight back in a year (all fat) and never really exercised in the first place. Now I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and strength train/ do cardio, and I need to start thinking about how my body is changing physically without focusing so hard core on my goal weight. I'm 138 now and a size 8/10... but my pants will always be larger because of my big booty! :bigsmile:

Thanks!
  • laurief1212
    laurief1212 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!!!
  • mammy1984
    Options
    Hi all i am also trying to find more result pictures of people around my height 5''-5''2, who have an reached their goal at an end weight around 120-135. i am new to this and only started 3 days ago. I am at 145 and only 5 foot 1 at a push lol. Please post before and after pictures, your height, weight, pants size and any advice you may have!
  • kraebear
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 144.5. My goal is around 120.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 168lbs... want to get down to 140. Pics on my profile of my progress. of course none are at my high weight of 279, but the before ones are all around 230.
  • blueretro
    Options

That is fantastic advice. Good luck in achieving your goal.
  • amber_bamber09
    amber_bamber09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 201 lbs trying to get down to 120. but we'll see how i feel towards the end. as long as my clothes get smaller and the fat starts to go away i'm happy. slow and steady (:
  • Bsloop45
    Bsloop45 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I am 5'4 as well, so this board is inspiring for me!
    Current weight: 185(ish)
    Goal 1: 150-160 by June
    Goal 2: 135
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Here's mine - not a huge difference, but hey. :)

Both were taken at Disneyland, a year apart. In the first pic I was about 150lbs, and the 2nd is 135. I'm 5'5. :)
    DLbeforeafter.jpg
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently at around 145lbs (was 146.5lbs today). I started at 203lbs.

My most current picture is my profile pic. :)
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my pics. I am 5'3.I I started in April 2011. Start weight 165lbs, now 129. The after photos were taken this last weekend. Went from a 12/14 to a size 4. Hoping to tone and lower body fat this year! Good luck everyone!!

Before:
    Cruise2010083-1-1.jpg

After:
    IMG_0034-1-1-1.jpg

Do I see abs???? :happy:
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and very close to my goal weight!

This was me at my heaviest (190 lbs & size 14) at the end of July.
    lqJcCl.jpg

Christmas day (146 lbs & size 8)
    P8PY5l.jpg

I've lost 3 lbs since then. Only 13 lbs to go! :happy:

The most important thing I've learned from this site is, "Everything in moderation." I don't deprive myself of anything! I've learned portion control which allows me to still eat all of my favorite foods. :smile:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    031-2.jpg

327-1.jpg

abs121611-1.jpg

I am 5'5.5"

I went from a size 12/14 to a size 2/4.

Clean eating, heavy weight lifting, and cardio. Lots of water - no soda. Good luck ladies! It can be done! :flowerforyou:

And CONSISTENCY.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Remember it's not all about a number!

I'll condense the quote above for space, but every word she said!

5'5 and 39 years old. My high weight was 160 wearing a tight size 10, sometimes 12, and I got down to 125 and gained/fluctuated a few while on maintenance to hover around 130# now, but I'm smaller than I was at 125 in October. Currently in a 2 or 4 in misses jeans, or 5 in juniors.

mfp.jpg

before-after-1.jpg

before-after2.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

For exercise, I love running (up until I got a stress fracture a few weeks ago) and lifting heavy. I love eating, and eat a lot. My advice would be to stay with a smaller deficit (.5 to 1 pound a week), and eat exercise calories. Take pictures to gauge your progress. Thread with more details: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/449570-mfp-mythbusters-losing-weight-fast-exercise-calories-girl
  • enlightening
    enlightening Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great shots, and inspiring!
  • enlightening
    enlightening Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • rachelrae215
    Options
    I love this thread and want to be all of your friends for inspiration! I am 5'4 with a goal of 125 and decided today to take it seriously!! As soon as I take some "before pictures" that I'm comfortable sharing with the general public (the only ones I have now I am in my underwear and no one wants to see that!!) I will post.
    13409719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any before photos, but check out my profile photos, (because i can't figure out how to post photos in forums) I am 5'4 I weight 116 , pant size 3. I eat a high protein, low fat , low carb clean diet. I do not drink alcohol. I workout 6 days a week, circuit training, pole dancing, weight lifting and hiking etc. let me know if you have anymore questions. ok !
    good luck!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I have lost 70 lbs. so far, but I have another 85 to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!