guys drive me nuts

Options
1235»

Replies

• ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps recommending "He's Just Not That In To You" or something? I learned everything I need to know from Salt N Pepa.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I suggest Manowar. It's a good band for relationships.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,661 Member
    Options
    It was for booty call. Gotta say I did this myself back in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    There are too many rules.

I don't even know them yet.

I'm horrible at this. I have read the book (he's just not into you) and it opened up my eyes. I was rereading parts of it last night actually.
    I am impatient. If I like someone, it's obvious. If I feel that you're into me, I have no problem saying "hey let's hang out!". So I am sure I show the signs BUT only after I feel he's into me. So I guess I expect the same and that the guy be as open about how he feels for me. I want a guy to be obvious. I hate the tug of war method (he's into me, he's not, he called, now he didn't, we went out, didn't hear from him).

Dating is stressful for me. I rather just skip all the interviewing and find a nice cute guy that I adore and vice versa.

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed. I understand. But if he's only calling you at certain times or when he's drinking, then it's probably not a good sign.

I HATE DATING!! :explode: :grumble:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There are too many rules.

I don't even know them yet.

I'm horrible at this. I have read the book (he's just not into you) and it opened up my eyes. I was rereading parts of it last night actually.
    I am impatient. If I like someone, it's obvious. If I feel that you're into me, I have no problem saying "hey let's hang out!". So I am sure I show the signs BUT only after I feel he's into me. So I guess I expect the same and that the guy be as open about how he feels for me. I want a guy to be obvious. I hate the tug of war method (he's into me, he's not, he called, now he didn't, we went out, didn't hear from him).

Dating is stressful for me. I rather just skip all the interviewing and find a nice cute guy that I adore and vice versa.

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed. I understand. But if he's only calling you at certain times or when he's drinking, then it's probably not a good sign.

I HATE DATING!! :explode: :grumble:

Imagine us guys where the presumption still is that we are the ones to have to put our necks on the chopping block of date rejection. :ohwell:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Come on its awesome ;)

As charlie sheen once said: "you're better off just taking a sandblaster to the nuts"

lmao
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Okay lets put this in a nice way, its obvious that you interested and he's not. There's really nothing you can do to get him to text you and why do i have this feeling you only throwing a party because of him? something in my head telling me you only throwing a party so he can show up and you will have an excuse to see him? Am i right? if not then apologize

but word of advice please please never ever hook up with any guy first time round!, or second or anything. Kissing is fine only if they take you out on a date but its always best on a second date if it goes well, and when it comes to sex, try not to sleep with the guy at least after 3 months of dating .. yeah yeah i know that's too long to wait and that he might just loose interest and leave you but that's the point, the point is to test him to see if he's really interested and if he wants more then just one night tap and gap kinda thing you know.

It also shows you have respect for yourself and your body. AND NO I'M NOT saying you don't but just telling you in general. :)
    Also Please don't waste time on someone that's not welling to waste time on you. There's plenty of fishes in the sea GURRLLLLL!!!! ;0)

You beautiful in your own way. Don't think too much of it and just enjoy life as it is. and I just hope you take my advice for next guy. Life is all about experience and learning from them so i hope this is just a lesson for you.

Goodluck!

hope you make a better choice! :) x
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Back in my single and dating days, I lived by the rule if a guy wanted to go all the way the same night as meeting you.. he didn't see you as girlfriend material. So if I went along with it, to take it for what is was. If a guy is really into you, or sees a future he wants to get to know you and build a relationship with you before sex. Then the fact that he only drunk texted, would reaffirm that for me. So, if you are looking for a booty call, invite him. If you are looking for a relationship.. move along to the next guy.
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    1) Great relationships have started with drunk hook-ups and one night stands. Not always. Sometimes it's a one time thing. But sometimes you realize how awesome that person was and want to see more of them.

2) There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults who are free to do so (i.e. not in monogamous relationships) getting drunk and getting it on. It's fun. It's stress relieving. Don't judge it.

3) You have nothing to lose by texting him once and inviting him to your party. What if he says no or doesn't reply? Isn't that the worst case scenario? You have lost nothing. You did gain a fun, one-time hook-up. I see that as a win.

Best of luck!

Amen, you said it perfectly. I don't see the big deal.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    So, he is a great guy and very responsive, as long as he is drunk? He may have just been a great holiday fling, and nothing more. Besids, not responding to one text is hardly the end of the world. I realize younger people think that you have to respond to texts immediately or you are being horribly rude - that is not actually true.
  • benzzito
    Options
    just text him . if he doesn't respond , now u will understand that it's time to move on.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder if this post was by a guy, that he hooked up with a girl now she no longed texts him, if he would be criticized for hooking up part.

Ahh double standards. I love them.

I'd criticize a guy too. As my fiance always says, the problem with our generation is that everyone just wants to throw DNA at each other.

I can't stand people -- male or female -- who just have random, meaningless sex. It's gross.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love how conflicting the advice is here. So here's some more:

Forget him. This guy wanted to hook up with you but clearly doesn't think much of it. I'm not judging you at all only saying that this is how he handles casual hook-ups.

Anyhow, dating nowadays is downright confusing. Personally, I'd wait for him to text/email/call me. I was raised to believe that pursuing a man smacks of desperation (hey, I didn't make up the rules....lol.) I prefer the zen-like approach to courtship which involves being confident, being yourself and you'll attract great people to you who will make a point of letting you know that they like you...it's kind of a Field of Dreams "if you build it they will come" attitude. Demand respect by being yourself and making guys realize how great you are but make them work for it. Don't throw yourself at someone just because they show the slightest bit of interest.

I do realize I might get lots of flack for this.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Im gonna move on with my life and then invite him to a party we are having and if he comes he comes if not then hes missing out