If u offend easily pls don't read x

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Considering how much effort it takes me to burn 100 calories, I wouldn't count sex. Yes, it's physical and can be somewhat rigorous at times, but you aren't burning enough calories, no matter what you're doing, to bother counting them.

And *kitten*? Really? Are you hanging on a stripper pole while doing it?
  • shelley7890
    shelley7890 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha yeah well if I was to be picked up the guy would put his back out but I guess it also depends on if ur a lay back let them do the work or if ur one of those girls who give as good as u get.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    :blushing: (throwing away the toys and going manually). :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I do but I put in a lot of work digging them up first
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    it might feel like your burning alot, However ive read so many articles about this, and the maximum is around 45 calories. You might burn more throughout the course of the night as your body stay within a mid/high metabolic rate. but since we mostly f___ at night, your body's system is slightly slower,:noway:

So if I f**k in the morning its better all round then?? Another excuse to get up early I suppose
  • 2LoveAndHate
    2LoveAndHate Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Time to find myself a boyfriend/girlfriend to help in burning more calories
  • Hecnotha1
    Hecnotha1 Posts: 200
    Options
    it might feel like your burning alot, However ive read so many articles about this, and the maximum is around 45 calories. You might burn more throughout the course of the night as your body stay within a mid/high metabolic rate. but since we mostly f___ at night, your body's system is slightly slower,:noway:

So if I f**k in the morning its better all round then?? Another excuse to get up early I suppose
    ctfu.lmao only one way to find outlol. im a fan of trial and error
  • shadee321
    shadee321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    FUNNY, i looked that up to see if it was under exercise :) But i beleive that it should not be logged either , Kidda goes with that bringing in the gerocerys, and doing the dishes. You cant posibley log every activity you do in a day its the extra push that is exercise.
  • shelley7890
    Options
    Seriously? Don't u go for like 3 or 4 orgasms it's been like 30 minute and ur arm is going to drop off but u just need one more? Cu let me tell u ur sweating profusely ur muscles ache like mad and u feel like u have just done a body combat class!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Just wear your heartrate monitor during, and log it under "dancing".:blushing:
  • alishuman
    Options
    If you can do it for a half hour straight with no break, then it's exercise. Of course telling your partner "come on honey, it's time for me to exercise and get my heart rate up" daily can ruin your sex life. It would get old after a week.

I could pretty much guaruntee that my husband would disagree.... In fact, he suggested it as a way he could "help" me on my fitness journey.
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    Best lover in the world

my_hand.jpg?maxWidth=800&maxHeight=600
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I get it so infrequently that it definitely isn't a daily activity...! I only see the lover once a week at best, at least it goes on for a few hours each time though. :-P I should probably log it....
  • shelley7890
    Options
    Yet cleaning is classed? And the cal burn is fairly good. How do know if it's light or vigorous? Is it one of those u have fallen out with ur man and take out on the house cleaning it? So it's vigorous rather than just putting the Hoover round?
  • shelley7890
    Options
    Love it!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Wear an HRM the next time you "do it", and log the burn.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I only log "cleaning" if it is outside of my usual routine. Which, for me, is doing any actual cleaning. I pay someone to do that for me. :-) I should feel bad about that as I live alone in a 1 bedroom flat but heck, its a quality of life thing.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

"X just burned 600 calories doing 45 minutes of Horizontal Bop, Dancing, Vigorous" :laugh:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    sex does raise the heart rate but most conventional wisdom is that it's not LONG enough to classify as actual EXERCISE. IF you are having sex - for a half hour or more, I guess that's exercise but c'mon, get real. 5 mins of heart racing isn't exercise
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it or log it but I would maybe use it as an excuse to work off some drinks.

My bf and I usually take about 45-90 mins and it's pretty vigourous work, for both of us. When I get my new HR monitor I'm going to do some research.