OFFICE_SPACE-MONDAYS-FC.jpg
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Was just doing a reread, bump!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Tami! You are definately in the body now that you were meant to be! Your body must have really welcomed the change if you lost on avg. 8-10 lbs a month! :noway: :happy:

Congrats on reaching your goals!
  • EBAW
    EBAW Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks Tami for your secret....:happy: .... I heard that in order for a woman to lose weight more effective they need to consume 1000-1200 calories a day. I have lowered mine to 1200 calories, but I try to exercise every day on my Wii Fit (seems to be every other day if that) as I need to shed some extra luggage I've been carrying around for awhile.:grumble: . I do end up consuming most of my extra calories from working out and have found that in approximately a week and a 1/2 that I have shed 6lbs. Not to mention that I am competing in a contest at work where the prize is a $500 pre-paid Visa credit card and 1/2 the money in the pot. This contest runs till the end of August, 2009. Don't get me wrong, I am not starving myself at all, and seem quite content on my progress. Do you think I am losing too fast, as I am a "LARGE" individual? I figured that you typically loose a lot to start off, and then it will gradually decrease as the weight goes down? Let me know your thought...:happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate hearing what's worked for Tami & all the other successful folks here. I think I know lots of stuff about eating healthy & losing weight, yet here I sit, way overweight because knowing is different than actually doing. It's easy to give advice - not so easy to follow through.
    When those of you who are successful share your experiences with us, it's so inspirational!
    Thank you.
    Come & share your wisdom any time!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tami for your secret....:happy: .... I heard that in order for a woman to lose weight more effective they need to consume 1000-1200 calories a day. I have lowered mine to 1200 calories, but I try to exercise every day on my Wii Fit (seems to be every other day if that) as I need to shed some extra luggage I've been carrying around for awhile.:grumble: . I do end up consuming most of my extra calories from working out and have found that in approximately a week and a 1/2 that I have shed 6lbs. Not to mention that I am competing in a contest at work where the prize is a $500 pre-paid Visa credit card and 1/2 the money in the pot. This contest runs till the end of August, 2009. Don't get me wrong, I am not starving myself at all, and seem quite content on my progress. Do you think I am losing too fast, as I am a "LARGE" individual? I figured that you typically loose a lot to start off, and then it will gradually decrease as the weight goes down? Let me know your thought...:happy:
    Hi!

Well, I have never heard that 1000-1200 cals is the way to go. I'm interested in hearing where you read that.

Also, the heavier I was, the more I could eat. When I first started, I was eating closer to 1700 even on non-gym days. And as I lost, I slowly lowered by 50 cals at a time. And I never ate below 1400 and ate 1/2 of my exercise cals back.

The weight will come off faster the larger you are no matter what. I lost 6 lbs my first week and then for a long time, I would lose anywhere from 2-4 lbs a week (averaging 3), I think it was simply because my body was happy I was doing something and was like "HOORAYY, let's get this off!!" lol.........but then as I got closer to a healthier weight, it started to come off slower...which was fine!! It still only took me about 16 months to lose the 135 lbs...it just all averaged out.

Honestly, I think you should be eating more. An important thing to remember is should you hit a plateau, you really have no room to safely lower your caloric intake now. If you bump it up to around 1600 or so...and see how you do, you might be nicely surprised! AND if you do hit a plateau, you can slowly lower your intake to help get you out of it.

I hope this has helped! I just want people to understand that you can eat quite a lot and still lose weight.

• TamTastic
    Options
    I really appreciate hearing what's worked for Tami & all the other successful folks here. I think I know lots of stuff about eating healthy & losing weight, yet here I sit, way overweight because knowing is different than actually doing. It's easy to give advice - not so easy to follow through.
    When those of you who are successful share your experiences with us, it's so inspirational!
    Thank you.
    Come & share your wisdom any time!
    It is great to hear different things because it makes everyone realize that there isn't one set in stone method to doing this. There are a few general guidelines but when it comes down to it, finding what works for you (as long as it's healthy), is the way to go. :flowerforyou:

And thanks!! :bigsmile:
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Hello,
    Reading your post helped me to learn something new, I didn’t realize you would need to eat a certain number of workout calories on top of your daily ones. Yeah, I know not that bright but I will catch up! :embarassed:
    I am only beginning to change my poor habits and hoped to read more about your journey. I wasn’t sure if I was a friend, would that allow me to read previous posts or if there is another way. Not that I wouldn't like to be a friend but after all, I'm new so I understand that might be weird to have somone on your friend list you don't really know. :happy: Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    just love to bump this :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou: for tami!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hello,
    Reading your post helped me to learn something new, I didn’t realize you would need to eat a certain number of workout calories on top of your daily ones. Yeah, I know not that bright but I will catch up! :embarassed:
    I am only beginning to change my poor habits and hoped to read more about your journey. I wasn’t sure if I was a friend, would that allow me to read previous posts or if there is another way. Not that I wouldn't like to be a friend but after all, I'm new so I understand that might be weird to have somone on your friend list you don't really know. :happy: Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    Oh please!! Friend me baby! I am happy to do it!!:laugh: :laugh:

And your welcome! I know I have written some other things. My success story is in the success area...and of course my "I DID IT" thread when I reached goal. I will try to find them and bump them for you. :happy:

Best of luck!!:flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • TamTastic
    Options
    just love to bump this :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou: for tami!
    Thank you!!! Much appreciated!!:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    good info
    read it
    good by
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I missed the part where you said you drank 3 bottles of wine a day to lose weight. Please add that. :bigsmile: