Tami's Secret to Skinny!!

Options

Replies

• fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump.

It's great that you did this in a healthy and sustainable way. Too many people resort to the "quick fix" of fad diets and ineffective or dangerous pills and just end up gaining it all back anyway. Slow and steady win the race! A year and a half of patience and keeping your eye on your goal is better than a few months of temporary success followed by a lifetime of unhappiness. Way to go! (Even if it does mean batting away the Internet creepies every so often!) :happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    OMG - wow!!! What does your husband say???????
    He is VERY happy! I was thinner when we got married....but am in even BETTER shape now. He likes it that's for sure!! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    OMG - wow!!! What does your husband say???????
    Oh, and he REALLY loves it that I will get undressed in front of him now! :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump.

It's great that you did this in a healthy and sustainable way. Too many people resort to the "quick fix" of fad diets and ineffective or dangerous pills and just end up gaining it all back anyway. Slow and steady win the race! A year and a half of patience and keeping your eye on your goal is better than a few months of temporary success followed by a lifetime of unhappiness. Way to go! (Even if it does mean batting away the Internet creepies every so often!) :happy:
    Thanks!!! :smile: :wink:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Just wanted to bump this for anyone who hasn't seen it yet....a MUST read!!! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Just wanted to bump this for anyone who hasn't seen it yet....a MUST read!!! :drinker:
    Thanks Theresa!! :heart:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Just wanted this thread in my posts....Its very close to the approach I'm taking, and its good to know that it can work.

I so appreciate motivation and advice presented in a real, upbeat, funny way. I always love your posts, and your crazy attachment to hummus :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Just wanted this thread in my posts....Its very close to the approach I'm taking, and its good to know that it can work.

I so appreciate motivation and advice presented in a real, upbeat, funny way. I always love your posts, and your crazy attachment to hummus :)
    Thanks for that! I try to be helpful! :smile:

And crazy attachment to hummus?? Whatever do you mean??? :huh: :laugh:

Best of luck in reaching your goal!:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Love your notes Tam!

But does your siggy there in the article mean by your going by your codename now? drinker? LOL
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Love your notes Tam!

But does your siggy there in the article mean by your going by your codename now? drinker? LOL
    :laugh: :laugh:

Oh man, when I copied and pasted the original post I had written into THIS thread, instead of copying :drinker: it just says "drinker"

TOO FUNNY!!! :laugh: :laugh: I think that would be more Shannon though!! :huh: :wink:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    uhmmm Tam, can we get a closeup of dat der baby oven you got??? I think I see where the little KumKwat is sitting... :happy:

Love the new pic... you should take all different angles and show off the new baby!!!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    uhmmm Tam, can we get a closeup of dat der baby oven you got??? I think I see where the little KumKwat is sitting... :happy:

Love the new pic... you should take all different angles and show off the new baby!!!

Dear Trouble,

Why must you take a perfectly good thread about how to lose weight and keep it off and turn it into some psuedo-sexual playground. Please grow up and leave Tami alone.

Thank you.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options

Dear Trouble,

Why must you take a perfectly good thread about how to lose weight and keep it off and turn it into some psuedo-sexual playground. Please grow up and leave Tami alone.

Thank you.

please point out the "Psuedo-Sexual" reference? I was refering to her tummy that is in her avatar... she showed off her baby belly and that is it... now I think a little "you hear/read what you want to hear/read" complex is showing here. I do not know about you but I am blatent about my references, you would know you wouldnt have to think to hard about it... BUT maybe there is something hidden in there but I do not see it that is why I am asking you to clarify... thanks!

and Tam I hope I did not offend you I was trying to show that you have a very healthy looking baby tummy... that is all!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

Dear Trouble,

Thank you.

please point out the "Psuedo-Sexual" reference? I was refering to her tummy that is in her avatar... she showed off her baby belly and that is it... now I think a little "you hear/read what you want to hear/read" complex is showing here. I do not know about you but I am blatent about my references, you would know you wouldnt have to think to hard about it... BUT maybe there is something hidden in there but I do not see it that is why I am asking you to clarify... thanks!

and Tam I hope I did not offend you I was trying to show that you have a very healthy looking baby tummy... that is all!

Dear Trouble,
    I will agree that at most times you are very blatent in your sexual references (for example your post on 2/27...TROUBLE2 : 02/27/09

That picture makes me think Naughty thoughts... YES I SAID IT! NAUGHTY thoughts...

very very naughty... I only have enough blood to work one brain at a time, and right now its not the one behind my eyes!!!)

I think that those of us who read a lot of Tami's threads have noticed that you are constantly posting innuendo and that Tami is always politely asking you to quit, but yet you continue. Tami is a very nice person who does not deserve the "attention" you have been showing her on her threads and on her profile page.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi Tami,

Thanks for posting this.. I understand this in principle, but always need a reminder because when I set up my goals for 1 lb a week, I feel like I am gorging... I guess I need to take a week or so and just let my metabolism catch up.. maybe even stay away from the scale - OOOHHH scary..:noway:

Your before and after pics are incredible. You now look like one of those skinny chicks that I try so hard not to be jealous of..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

very inspirational - thanks again..

take care of you and that baby..

jb
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hi Tami,

Thanks for posting this.. I understand this in principle, but always need a reminder because when I set up my goals for 1 lb a week, I feel like I am gorging... I guess I need to take a week or so and just let my metabolism catch up.. maybe even stay away from the scale - OOOHHH scary..:noway:

Your before and after pics are incredible. You now look like one of those skinny chicks that I try so hard not to be jealous of..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

very inspirational - thanks again..

take care of you and that baby..

jb
    Thank you! Yes, don't let the scale dictate you and treat your body well and you will be fine!! Your metabolism will love you if you find that right balance of eating enough but cutting enough to lose the weight. It's a tricky thing sometimes but it can be done!

Good luck!

And I am learning that being called "skinny beyotch" (in a joking way) is one of the best compliments ever! :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    ~~bumpity bump~~:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :glasses:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Is it Tami Tuesday yet? I can't wait.