Tami's Secret to Skinny!!

Options

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Tam - Now thats what I call putting it out there for all to see. Thanks for sharing with me and then forwarding this along.........

:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Tam - Now thats what I call putting it out there for all to see. Thanks for sharing with me and then forwarding this along.........

Your very welcome. I really hope it was helpful to you! :happy:

I know how frustrating it can be and there were times I was screaming at the scale too!! :laugh:

I think over time, I just learned to chill out and listen to my body and give it a break. I mean, If I lose well for a certain period of time.......and my body takes a break for a week or two, how can I blame it?? I am sure all your organs and just your whole body chemistry needs an adjustment period here and there.

Whenever anyone asks me what my favorite part about my body is, I always say "The whole thing for putting up with the abuse (eating crap and not exercising and gaining so much weight), I put it through for SO long and still rewarded me when I actually started to do the work and treated it right!! :wink:

I am corny, what can I say!! :blushing:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    Absolutely inspirational!! :flowerforyou: Especially that last statement. I imagine you'll be getting a LOT of friend requests (including myself!) after this thread!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Tami

You have done a FANTASTIC JOB...a true inspiration
    The weight I lost doesn't touch a torch to what you've done (30 pounds)
    BUT I just wanted to also add that when I first started on non work-out days I ate 1490 cals and on days I worked out about 1700-1800 cals

Kim
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami

You have done a FANTASTIC JOB...a true inspiration
    The weight I lost doesn't touch a torch to what you've done (30 pounds)
    BUT I just wanted to also add that when I first started on non work-out days I ate 1490 cals and on days I worked out about 1700-1800 cals

Kim
    That's great Kim. :flowerforyou:

Maybe what everyone who has had a lot of success or reached their goal can do is to post what they did to reach their goal. By seeing what different people have done, it might help others!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    bump......for "newbies" or for those confused
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    :sad: I still don't understand the "bump" thing. What does it mean??
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

It means that you are putting this topic at the top of the community forums, so other people read it and it doesn't get lost in the abyss of "stuff and such". Just gives others a chance to read it.

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

You have to run around your couch 5x. :laugh:

It means to "bump" it to the top of the topic's list. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

You have to run around your couch 5x. :laugh:

It means to "bump" it to the top of the topic's list. :flowerforyou:

oooh, an exercise punishment....naughty naughty:laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You guys are too funny!

Yes, every time someone bumps, you must get up and do 20 jumping jacks! :laugh:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    bump so i can come back and read it in a bit, hubby needs me to figure some stuff out for him on here.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I tell everybody I know about MFP---and always tell them to look you up---you are one of the most inspirational people I have "met"!!!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    ok, i'm back and read everything Tam said.
    i am with you on only eating somne of the exercise calories as i found that when i ate them all my weight stayed the same. thanks for al your information and telling me about cookinglight.com as well.

You are my inspiration to keep at it. I only have a total of 22 lbs to lose from when i started, mind you the last week or two I have gotten now where, back at it hard tomorrow, but anyways, i know that if you can lose 135 i can surely lose 22. Ad now i have a goal of April 30th as i just booked us a mini family vacay at Great Wolf Lodge so i want it all gone by then which is 7 weeks tomorrow. I also just bought the 30 day shred DVD today so wich me luck!

oh, and i also tell everyone i know about myfitnesspal!!

and i also have my hubby on here now as well, he wants to get in shape before out little vacay as well. He needs to lose about 30 lbs wish him luck too!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    goodpost.gif Thanks for sharing this tam! It is really great to hear very specifically what has worked for others. Love you for sharing this!
    lulu
  • TamTastic
    Options
    goodpost.gif Thanks for sharing this tam! It is really great to hear very specifically what has worked for others. Love you for sharing this!
    lulu
    You're welcome!:smile:

I think if everyone could hear different "methods" and see that there is no "magic number" as far as calories go, then they can relax a bit and start to listen to their bodies. :happy:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    lulu
    You're welcome!:smile:

I think if everyone could hear different "methods" and see that there is no "magic number" as far as calories go, then they can relax a bit and start to listen to their bodies. :happy:

Exacery!! :drinker: Eat healthy, don't over eat, watch your portions, exercise, drink water, don't starve yourself.......those are the basics. But as far as methods, everybody is different. I eat between 1300-1500 on non-workout days. (as long as I don't go over 1500 I've still managed to lose....wellllll ummm until these last 10 lbs anyway :explode: ) and on workout days I eat 1600-1900, depending on the type of workout I do. I kind of know that if I'm doing a certain workout it will burn x amount of calories and so on and I add that to my non workout day calories. But I don't count cooking and cleaning and the strength training I do. So I don't eat them all, but I do eat MOST of them. After all, I worked hard for themCrossedArms.gif
    MFP is a basic guideline to get us started. But trial and error is the key to succeeding in this whole thing. If you follow the basics I mentioned above and make smart choices and exercise it's a great start and you will learn what works for you along the way. Follow the food pyramid and get the correct servings in too. It does work and was made for a reason. :drinker:

Good Morning Tami :smooched:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Woohooo Kellch!! Great information too!! :flowerforyou:

I think this thread could be really helpful to many (especially newbies) who are confused with what they should do.

Thanks girl!! :bigsmile:smooched:

And you stole my "exxaccerrryyy!!!" :laugh: :laugh: But, that's OK!! I will share it, along with my rolls!! haha