5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks postpartum today and 139lbs. My goal is 120lbs, and I'm starting back up with fitness classes and tracking on Monday !

Holy crap! When I was 5 weeks PP I was like 190 :*( I gained TOO much with my little one.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 5 and my goal weight is to be about 55kg which is 121lbs.
  • RollinwithRach
    RollinwithRach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'5 and 5'6 (I have been 5'5 for as long as I can remember but at my physical last month, my doctor said I was 5'6 so who knows LOL) and I am aiming for 115 lbs. I currently weight 165 lbs. so I've got 50 lbs to go. I figure if I like the way I look before I hit 115 lbs I'll stop, but a healthy BMI range for my height is 115-155 lbs so I'll aim high and see how far I get! I weighed 150 after getting really sick in 2011 but I still didn't like the way my legs looked so that just means I have to lose more!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My goal is 142 to 145ish, My lowest was 138 and I was too thin. My family actually tried to stage an intervention because they thought I wasn't eating.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'5" and I'm thinking of a range between 122-125. But if not I wouldn't mind to be right at 125 or below 130. All depends on my body's appearance really. want to get rid of belly fat and actually see a resemblance of some ab definition. not a 6 pack but not a belly either.
  • maryloucash1961
    Options
    hi. I'm 5"2 @ weigh 146 ' curvy also. my best most comfy weight is137-140, I hope this helps. we girls can't loose the curves our monks gave us.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! This is a bit antiquated. I'm 5'6" and my lowest adult weight was 148 and I was a size 6 and my hip bones stick out.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    sorry that previous post was regarding the 5' should be 100lbs and +5lbs for every inch... it didn't copy the text for some reason.

the biggest take away I am getting from this thread is that everyone is different and it really depends on your body type.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    140.. but now as I'm approaching my goal I'm thinking about dropping it to 135 lbs.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5". My initial goal is ~160, down from ~220 currently. At that weight I'm a size 10 and pretty happy with myself. I've got a ridiculous ridiculous butt (my current measurements are 45-33.5-51) and it's really hard for me to get my BF% lower than about 30%; I maintained there for a long time pre-pregnancy and even that took a decent amount of work. But, I'm going to re-evaluate when I get there...I'd love to be closer to 135-140, but that just seems unattainable - haven't been there since probably freshman year of high school. We'll see. I'm not set on anything yet, it's all about how I feel and how I look in my clothes.
  • MiissM0nica
    Options
    http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=24&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=4&cheightmeter=180&x=86&y=12

This calculator will give you a round about what a healthy weight is. You can also look at weight/height charts. Hope that helps =)
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" but I have a large frame. I start to look okay around 160 but I'm aiming for 140 since I want to look awesome!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and would like to gain back up to 125. I'm currently 115.
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 5. My original goal was 135. Once I reached 135, I decided to set a new goal of 125. I did get to 128 at one point, but seem to be stuck at 130-132 (which is fine too)
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    well, i know what numbers and charts say, but everybody is different. common sense tells me that a good weight for me to be at is the number that i can maintain without a great deal of difficulty.
    i don't mind struggling to get there, but i don't want to struggle too hard to stay there.
    also, body composition is more important that the number on the scale. i've known very thin people who were unhealthy because the little weight that they had was fat instead of muscle. i like to build muscle, so i'm going to weigh more than another person who is exactly the same size as me.
    talk to a dietician, a doctor, and a personal trainer. you will probably get 3 different answers to your question.
  • ostermanlynn
    ostermanlynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1'm currently at 143. I'm trying to get below 140, but just seemed to get stuck at 144 last year. I think age is a factor as well. I'm 64, and will never see 118 again. That's what I weighed when I got married in 1974! My highest weight was during menopause when I reached 160. I think it's important to reach a goal you can maintain without having to be too strict with yourself.
  • klynnd81
    klynnd81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I myself and almost at 5'5....5'4 and a half!!
    I am weighing in at 189, but my ideal weight is 140, I am curvy on the lower part, (used to swim)....so that's what I am aiming for, for a healthy weight without looking funny
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I was 137 and loved it. I felt great. My goal is to get back there. I am 5'5 with a small frame.
  • ostermanlynn
    ostermanlynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, 137 seems about right. Hopefully I can maintain that.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and I want to get around 130-140 c:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!