5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Julesconan
    Options
    Would also depend on your muscle tone, my lowest was 63kg (10 stone) whilst kickboxing, trained hard and ate minimal trying to get to a lower weight class but muscle didnt budge.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It is said that an ideal weight for someone is to add 5 lbs for every inch you are over 5 foot. That said, ideally a good weight for someone of 5'5 would be 125. However, there are many factors such as your age, muscle mass, etc. If I were you, I would shoot for something near there by following the BMI charts. You can Google what your ideal weight should be for your height and age and someone use it as a guide. However, it is a bit misleading, because two people can weigh the same and be the same height but one will look thinner and have less fat, bc they have more muscle. But I would shoot for that (maybe a higher number) and then look at what you look like. If you feel healthy and good, then stay there, if not then set a new goal.

I am only 5'3 3/4 so 5'4 I guess I should say. I have been many weights from 177 - 108. I know I look best at 120. Too much less and I look sort of too thin and it doesn't feel right. When I am in my 130s my butt is too big and clothes don't fit as well, I guess it is how I am proportioned.

Just keep losing until you like what you see and you feel good. If you're able to maintain a certain weight once you get down, your body may be talking to you and telling you, "this is just right".

I'm normally around 125 these days and it is the perfect weight for me (5'5) as I don't look *too* thin but am certainly slim and healthy looking!
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    I started at 172# and am now at 111. I like right where I'm at. My original goal was 130, then 125.
  • Nola4
    Nola4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 5 and currently weigh 196... My first goal to get down to 160 and then go from there...keep in in I am all belly fat.
  • FiveKMRunner
    FiveKMRunner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is entirely do-able. I easily got from 155 to 134 on Weight Watchers a few years ago. It took exactly 12 weeks.

However, I didn't exercise at all so I was still wasn't happy with my body. That disappointment led to me gaining it all back plus 10 more.

This round I am weight lifitng. I am not as weight focussed, but I am thinking of a goal in the range of 145-150.
  • LiseMarieBrown
    LiseMarieBrown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered I'm 5"5 after thinking for years I was 5"6!!!! I'm still in denial!!!!!

I'm currently 190 and aiming for 150lb....ultimately I want to be a UK size 12, but I never have, not in all my adult life, so we'll see.
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft4 and goal is 126. I'm 142 at the moment x finding it tough have people found it easier sticking to low cals or tree-x%
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    5'7 125
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    5'6- 140-147lbs
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6' and i weigh 134 or so, have a medium bone structure, and a decent amount of muscle, So you will know what weight feels good when you get there.
  • Drewillbeback111
    Options
    I was thinking between 330 and 335lbs. Havent a clue what someone with his height and weight would look like though.. Tried to google it but couldnt find a thing! I have 8 months - i am currently 152lbs and hope to get to my goal within 8 months. Do you think this is possible? x

I bet you really meant 130 to 135?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!