5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my original goal weight was 120lbs then I changed it to 125 then I changed it to 130... now I'm shooting for 135lbs & that's my final answer. I'm hanging out at 176lbs right now. haha
  • reckless99
    Options
    My goal is 110- 115lbs and I'm about 125lbs at the moment.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is looking to get around that weight.

I weighed 110-115 for years before my big depression. I never looked "too skinny" at that weight, and it was really perfect for me. I have a very small frame with wide hips. Even at 120-125 I look big. Not as big as I do at 140, but still have flub.

So here's to wanting to lose 30 pounds and get back to 110-115. It feels so daunting sometimes. But I can do it.

Wow, you are so similar to me in terms of the weight we are at and how much we want to lose. I'm 5'5"1/2 and looking at maintaining a 115 to 120 lbs weight. I wish I could go 110 Ibs but I probably can't and will stick to 115 lbs minimum. Isn't it daunting?!!
  • samburrusgrimes
    Options
    I was wondering that too. At first I thought she was making fun of us who are trying hard to lose weight.
    It must have been a typo.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    135lbs with a lean mass of 125lbs.
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    im 5'5 and my healthy thin weight is 110Ib. thats the same for my mom. like we look curvy at that weight but also thin its weird but thats perfect for us.
  • opajee
    opajee Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm 5'7", pear shape, and when I was at 125lbs I looked super under weight. My goal weight is 130-135lbs, but honestly, if I get anywhere in the low 140's I'll be glad. I was comfortable with my weight then too.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape, I have very narrow hips, but don't go in much at the waist, and am very muscular, though I have a small frame, and if my weight goes below 112 lbs I stop getting periods. I don't even look that thin at that weight, but it clearly isn't healthy for me. If I was someone with a 25 inch waist, and no bust I'd probably be able to be that weight healthily. But we are stuck with what we are born with!

My lowest weight was 108 lbs and I was very ill at that weight. I kept being dragged in to the doctor and observed for anorexia. The school nurses used to keep me in for meal times and make me eat.
  • mandy_godfree
    mandy_godfree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5ft 5 and have always been a lot heavier than I look. The smallest I've ever been as an adult is 133lbs but I really looked ill with it. I'm struggling with what weight I should set my goal at. I've now lost 44lbs all together, 26 of those lbs using MFP, and still weigh 150lbs, but I don't think I should lose more than another 7lbs or I would start looking ill again. I'm now between a UK size 12 - 14 depending on what shops I go in. I've decided that instead of using weight as my goal, I'm going to aim for a dress size. My aim is a UK size 10 - 12 and then I'll start trying to maintain my weight instead of losing it.
  • aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies *waves*

I too am 5 ft 5 and am trying to lose. I'm not sure where I want to be though as I recently had an epiphany and realised that if I won't give up naughty foods, I will have to exercise instead. I would rather do half an hour workout than give up biscuits!

I'd like to have a 26 inch waist again, the last time I had that I was 130lbs, but that was pre-children. I have 2, the youngest is 12 weeks. My fighting weight was always around 140lbs (I used to dance a lot as a teenager) but I would like to go lower. 127lbs is probably as low as I want to go though.

I have an hourglass figure when I'm not carrying loads of baby weight and fat round my belly! My short term goal is to complete 30 Day Shred and be able to buy a gorgeous dress for my wedding in June!
  • jasity
    jasity Posts: 6
    Options
    330 pounds?
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey--I'm 5'5 and at my skinniest (139) my mom--a nurse--told me she was worried about me and I looked like a cancer victim. I did. I think for me If I get below 145 it's pretty scary. Maybe I really am bg boned?? lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My low weight was around 103# in college (increased activity lugging art supplies all over campus) and after a breakup in my mid 20s (depression). It wasn't pretty in my 20s... I had to shop in the children's department to find clothes that fit.

I might be able to get a little leaner now, maybe down to 120#, without looking sickly, but I'm already having difficulty finding clothes small enough in the stores I like to shop. I'm cheap. I like shopping at Kohls and Penneys and don't want to have to go to higher end stores. And at 39, I don't want to exclusively shop the juniors department.
  • HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 5 and my goal weight is 120 :)
  • Brittypop
    Options
    I am 5'5 and when I was at around 169, I was very healthy and liked how I looked. 150 would be ideal but at this point, I would be quite content around 170.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" small-boned hourglass and my goal is 135, the lowest I've been as an adult is 130.
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    I want to get to about 145. I was at 130-135 once, my face looked really gaunt and sickly. Funny though, when I was that size I thought I was still fat. Sigh.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    125-130 gw
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    back when i was really slim i weighed 130ish. i was very small, a size 7 jeans and small tops. i had to try so hard to get down to 130 i would run every morning, jog stairs, sit ups, jilliam m every night. weights. trampoline. then a gym membership. to me now, its not worth it. i want to weight what will make me happy with out pushing myself 3-4 hrs a day.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight to hang out around is 125. I was 133 when I got pregnant with my son then 11 years later when I got pregnant with my daughter I weighed in at 122. So figured 125 is a good focus weight for me.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm built like a 2x4.. Flat on every side, no butt, no boobs, no hips! I'm around 110 right now, I'll be happy with 105. (I'd be extremely content around 115 if I had some curves!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!