5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• mbgambill
    mbgambill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", I am thinking 140 for now. In the past when I have lost weight, I kind of stall around that weight and can usually maintain it for a while. I am trying to take it one day at a time right now. Ugh!
  • 1Nifty50
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I am going for 150 lbs.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    150, goal at 145 to have a 5 lbs motion range...I like myself at 150, still with some curves.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5. At 145 I look very fit and I like the way my clothes fit. At 140 my family starts to worry about me.

Ditto. I started at 176 after my second child and am now at 152. I had gotten down to 142 but my husband thinks that's too thin. My goal is still 140 though!
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and weigh 109ish right now. I don't really care about my weight but miss being really fit. I was running 3-5 miles a day 5 days a week a few years back and weighed about 103-105 I was thin but wow did I feel good and have a LOT of energy. I never have dieted but having stopped running and not eating as healthy I feel sluggish and headachy most days :( I'm 41 and have two kids if it matters.

Wow, 105 is low (for me). Are you trying to get healthy again? I'm exactly the same height as you and looking at 115 minimum (back in my good ol younger days) but I'm also in my 40s and have 3 kids.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know that my doctor wants me to get to 155-165 for me personally but I come form big stock lol
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    im 5'5" and i use to weigh 125 and everyone says thats to thin so Im looking at 135-140 as a goal :)
  • gigi3lbs
    Options
    By getting healthy again I mean not fast food every day and start exercising. I eat a lot now...too much junk and fast food. I just have a very tiny frame. I've been a 0 or 1 since I was 14 and am 41 now. I think I have a high metabolism. My mom is the same way she still 115 at 69. Genetics play a large part in it. I used the calorie counter thing on the site and it said 1400 calories for me. I'd lose weight at that rate. I eat about 2000 sometimes more. If I start running again I will have to raise that. I agree with you that 115 is thin too thin for average frames.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    117-127 lbs
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im 5'5" and i use to weigh 125 and everyone says thats to thin so Im looking at 135-140 as a goal :)

That's about my goal too and I get the exact same thing from my friends.. It bugs. 125 isn't too thin. It's is a healthy weight for someone who's 5'5. Do what is right for you. :)
  • monique8080
    Options
    For those of you who are on a weightloss plateau i highly recommend Shakeology, i weighed 166.5 at my start and im shooting for 145 I am 5'7 and ive always had a really hard time losing those last 10-20 pounds, then i started shakeology and i am seeing great results, i would say EAT A VERY CLEAN DIET, and work out, im at the gym 6 days week and i eat clean. So far ive only been on shakeology for 1 week and ive lost 4 pounds I hope to be at 155 by Valentines day and 145 by this summer!!!!
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and i used to be 115 before my kids and very healthy, after my first i got down to 124, i am not asking to be 115 again but i was perfectly happy with 124 so i am aiming for that :)
  • Myhighway2
    Options
    I'm 5;5 217
    I would like to shoot for 140, may face looks too thin any lower than that.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    5ft 5.5"

I've been down to 142 before and still wasn't happy with the way I looked an felt. Right now I'm shooting for 130. Then I want to bulk up to a lean 140. 18% - 20% body fat.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm very far from my goal weight but I think 132 is what my doctor said would be the ideal weight for me. That is the weight that I'm working to get down too. Although if it is a few pounds more or less, I won't worry about it. I have a very large chest and hourglass shape so I don't want to get too skinny.
  • countrygal676
    Options
    I'm 5'5" medium bone, and my goal is 135. Some people think it's too low, but that is by todays standards....When I graduated from high school in 1976, I weighed around 118. I was not considered skinny, pretty normal....have about 30 more lbs. to go, have lost 30 lbs. since last spring. Good luck to all of you!!!:smile:
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 180. I want to get down to 150 first then set a new goal. I have been 150 and I feel VERY good at that weight. So thats my goal right now. I have been bouncing from 179 to 183 since October. Im discouraged right now, But working on it!
  • momjpcab
    Options
    I am 5'5" (maybe a half inch shorter) and my goal is 120. I have a really small build and carry all of my extra weight in the middle, so after five kids in five years I still look pregnant. So I have to cut back to that weight if I'm going to get rid of this belly!
  • amyloooo
    amyloooo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Quite a few of the comments in this thread mention what you used to weigh. Are any of you like me, heavy for years, but not always heavy? (I'm 57 years old and 5' 5.5"). I try to remember what it felt like to weigh 125, but it was such a long time ago it's difficult. Even though I was an adult and had a child, it seems like that was a different person. I guess I'll just have to keep going and see what those historical weights look like on me now!
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My lowest was 112, but I think my goal for now is 114-121 - somewhere in there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!