5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am between 5'5" and 5'6" and I currently weigh 138. My goal is 125ish or so. I look best between 118 and 120 but after six pregnancies and eight kids (two sets of twins in there) there's no way for me to get that low again.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and right now, I would LOVE to be 150. That's what I'm working on. Once I meet that, I will probably want to lose some more. Maybe 130-ish. I don't want to be skinny, I just want to be fit and toned.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    When I started..my doc was thinking 130-140. Now that I am at 135... More concentrating on losing body fat rather than the scale
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of conditionals, but I'd like to be on the other side of 130, between that and 125. I'm currently fluctuating around 130-135. I'm 138 in my profile pic, and have lost about 30 since last year (starting wayyy before MFP).

I think, however, that my body is absolutely done with letting go of the weight. I'm trying to coast towards maintenance calories, but still hoping to lose that last 5.

Good luck! <3
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 started here at 120. Goal is 110. 4 lbs to go.
    Doctor says that is too thin, but my clothes say different. ( I am very small boned). I do an hour of circuit training 4 days a week and run 6 miles 6 days a week. Honestly, not sure I need to lose the other 4 lbs. I am very happy with my results at this point.
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I first started this journey 5 months ago my goal was 150lbs. I've since changed that goal to 135lbs. I am currently the smallest weight I've been in my adult life and I'm no where near done. =) I cannot wait to see how my body WILL change one day at a time until I reach that goal!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.
    My plan is to get between 115-120!
    I just hit 135, so I'm partway there.
  • I'm 5'5 and cant decide what is a good weight to be x

I'm 5.5 and have weighed as low as 125 (too skinny) and am currently shooting for 130. I have been holding steady at about 142-153 for about 10 years, back and forth, and I finally decided I want to get down to 130 and stay there. I am very curvy and don't want to lose any of my curves so anything below 130 is out of the question for me.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for about a 150. I used to weigh that in my 20's and 30's and looked really good in bikini. So only 45 pounds to go then :happy:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am crashing in the forum but I am 5'4 and most of these goals are lower thank mines...I am currently 151 as of the New Yr..at goal..Which i set to 155..I guess it depends on your frame and I can fit in 6-8... Inches kept me from going any lower...I love the look I have...You will find that it may possibly change as time goes on...

GOOD LUCK!
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to reach 150lbs - that puts me at the healthy bmi range but ultimately I think my end goal will be around 130-140lbs.
    I've lost 40lbs another 40lbs to go!
  • shoeluver67
    shoeluver67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5"...shooting for 140. Although that is a TOUGH weight for me to maintain. When i was 21, i was 129 and looked great, but my body has changed so much since then (i'm 44 now and hormones have a mind of their own!). I held 150 for a long time, and looked REALLY good, but still had toning to do...so i'm hoping to get to 140.
  • cinderkitty84
    cinderkitty84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my current weight is 136. I would like to get to about 115, but I would be very happy if I could just tone up what I have now.. :)
  • loveuJ
    loveuJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello
    My goal is 140 And my personal trainer told me that would be a good weight for my build .work hard and we all can get to where we want .
  • angelamarie_
    Options
    i'm 5'6 and currently 149 pounds.
    i'm hoping to get down to 120-125 by mid june!
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    By getting healthy again I mean not fast food every day and start exercising. I eat a lot now...too much junk and fast food. I just have a very tiny frame. I've been a 0 or 1 since I was 14 and am 41 now. I think I have a high metabolism. My mom is the same way she still 115 at 69. Genetics play a large part in it. I used the calorie counter thing on the site and it said 1400 calories for me. I'd lose weight at that rate. I eat about 2000 sometimes more. If I start running again I will have to raise that. I agree with you that 115 is thin too thin for average frames.

Cool, I'm average frame. Looking at getting toned up as well and plan to get to the heavy intense workouts when I'm around 120.
  • skydeity
    Options
    it really depends on your lifestyle and build. I am 5'6. I was 199lbs in December of 2010... Right now I'm 168lbs. It took a whole year to lose those 30 lbs. For the first half of the year I lost it through triathlon training... I ran, biked and swam consistently every week. Once I was in the lower 180s I wasn't able to lose weight so I decided to focus on my diet. I substituted dinner for oatmeal, I started drinking 64oz of water (almost every day) and I really focused on sleeping well every night. My total calorie intake wasn't more than 1000 but some days it was pretty low (if I wasn't hungry that day or too busy). I really started losing weight. I've been doing that since. Now I'm incorporating some exercise to speed up the weight loss (since it has slowed down again) but I am not increasing my calorie intake. It's always around 800 to 1100 calories per day. I plan to lose another 30 lbs this year. My ultimate goal is to lose 43 lbs which would put me at 125lbs but I will be happy at 135.
    Good luck.
  • jessicak0614
    jessicak0614 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and would love to be 130-135.
  • abodylikebritneys
    Options
    im 5'4" but my goal wait is 105
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and cant decide what is a good weight to be x

I'm 5'5". I'm looking to get down to 120. You have to get down to whatever weight feels good for you. Everybody's different. We have different bone structures. What may be an ideal weight for one person may make someone of the same height look like a walking skeleton.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!