5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    5ft 5 highest weight 155 I'm down to 139-142 goal is 130-135, I have been 125 and it was not pretty, I Love having back and boobs I really don't want to lose that so I'm paying close attention they dont disappear:)
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I purchased an Omron Body Fat Monitor, and am using it as a way to gauge my progress. A few years ago I was down to 157 pounds, looked great, but was always hungry and feeling depressed and anxious because I couldn't lose any more weight. I was going by BMI and needed to get down to 149 at least to start maintenance while I was on Weight Watchers. It turns out, I was in a healthy range of body fat! I had it tested during an physical exam at a health fair.

Right now my body fat percentage is 38.7%, that means at 197 pounds I am 121 pounds of lean mass and 76 pounds of fat.

I had always thought of 140 as a good goal, but thinking about this in terms of my body composition, it's not realistic, I would have a body fat percentage of 13% which is bordering on unhealthy for women who, I understand should have at least 15%. This is assuming I add no more muscle.

Right now I'm going to aim for 25 - 30% body fat and see what happens. Charts I've seen say 32-35% are the upper limit for a healthy range for women.
  • shaymous
    Options
    I was always below 130 but after two kids i being older and my body changing i am hoping to get to 135 at the most. but thats just my personal goal :)
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am approximately 5'5" and my current weight is 147.7 lbs,

I feel that it is more important to base your goal weight on being a healthy weight for your height and weight. That is my goal - to be smack bang in the middle of being healthy for my weight and height range - BMI (Body Mass Index).

For a person who is 5'5" and weighs 140 lbs - that would be a perfect goal weight as that is right in the middle of the BMI healthy range as it totals 23.3 BMI. But anywhere from 120 - 147 lbs is in the normal range for our height.

BMI Categories:
    Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

I'm 5'6" and shooting to be 145 - Same principal. :)
  • neotericisis
    neotericisis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I have the opposite problem- I want to gain weight. I have a fast metabolism and I have always been too darn skinny- I am finally a size 2 (post-baby, I used to struggle to be a 0,ie: Gap size 0 was too big!!!!) and would like to be a size 4-5, so lets say 135lbs. BUT, my biggest problem is my pooch- I HATE it! Its very difficult to find a balance between wanting a flat tummy and bigger thighs. Being skinny with a pooch just looks wrong- its like an oxymoron LOL. Trust me, I've struggled with my weight issues my whole life and the grass is not always greener on the other side!

Good luck to all of you beautiful people!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. I want to be 140. I have a lot of muscle mass (athletic build) so I'm not sure anything under 140 would be healthy, so I'll have to make that decision when I get to 140. 130-135 would probably be okay though.
  • gigi3lbs
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and weigh 109ish right now. I don't really care about my weight but miss being really fit. I was running 3-5 miles a day 5 days a week a few years back and weighed about 103-105 I was thin but wow did I feel good and have a LOT of energy. I never have dieted but having stopped running and not eating as healthy I feel sluggish and headachy most days :( I'm 41 and have two kids if it matters.
  • tatiannajanel
    tatiannajanel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'
  • tatiannajanel
    tatiannajanel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. I would love to weigh 125lbs. When I reach that goal I probably might want to go down to 115. Who knows? One step at a time.
  • x125x
    x125x Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 137. GW is 125. I have been at 120 or a little less and felt beautiful. I just love thin. I am often surprised how high many people set their goal weights. My heaviest was 168 after two babies. I can never feel comfortable between there and here ever, 125 is right for me and if people tell me it is too thin, I'll just smile.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I currently weigh 165... I'm aiming to get down to 150 for now but would like to maintain between 140-150...
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to get down to 145. After I reach this goal i will be trying to get down to 125. :)
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating ALL of your calories you are supposed too. You dont want to starve yourself because this will lower your metabolism. If your body thinks you are starving, it will slow down and store the calores you are taking in. You need to eat every 3 hours so your body doesnt store fat...it knows its being fed and will be fed again. Walking and lifting weight will help out ALOT because it will build muscle which eats more calories and fat (a lot more). Good luck!
    Am also 5'5" and am going for 160 for now...and would be really happy if i can ultimately get down to 150! am at 187lbs right now and having soo much trouble loosing those 26 pounds...any advice pals? how many calories are you all at?

I am currently 152lbs (after losing 20lbs) and am on a bit of a plato! However, my daily goal is 1420 cals. I find it helps to have a salad for lunch and when you get a sweet tooth try no added sugar hatleys strawberry jelly. Its 3 calories and always a good alternative to choc x
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 150, then I'll reassess. I've never been that low in my entire adult life, so even that seems low to me. I'm guessing I'll end up trying to get closer to 135 or so eventually.
  • slimgal613
    Options
    My ultimate weight loss goal would be 135-140lbs. I am taking the goals in little increments.

:wink:
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My current goal weight is 128 lbs (just 6 lbs to go!)
    Once I get there, though, I may bump it down by another 5 or 10 lbs, depending on how I look and feel.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    My goal weight right now is 150 but as I get closer I may adjust it to 140. I have been down to 1115-120 before and I looked anorexic...With my body shape, hour-glass figure, I felt and looked the healthiest when I was 140-150.
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 like to be around 127-131lb. But id be more than happy at 135lb. :smile:

CW 154lb.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my mini goal is 140 lbs. I would ultmately like 135..but I want to see what the additional 7 lbs lost will look and feel like. Have no idea what my body fat % is...and that will be key in the decision. I don't really follow the laws of BMI...because I really don't think that is a good indicator of "health" for me. Too broad and understand why it's there. For me, I am more about body fat %.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking 135 with some much needed muscle added to the mix. :smile: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!