Want a 25-calorie (per cup!) replacement for rice?

Options

Replies

• manasunshine
    Options
    thts a great idea, ill definatly try this. im a rice lover. wud giv ths replacemnt a try
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    This sounds very interesting, and it makes me want to try cauliflower again.

Can't help on the cheese, but we did find a brand of tortillas called "Ancient Grains" that aren't horrible. I suppose it depends on what type of diet you have going, though.
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sooo need to try this. My hubby is half Korean so we have dishes with rice on a pretty regular basis. It will be nice to have a low calorie healthy substitute!
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Posted this ages and ages ago... same thing...but with pics :) and explaination of how i cook it :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130435-my-yummy-meatball-and-rice-dinner

you can make a pizza crust with the same prep :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358540-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics

Thank you! I was really interested with some of the pizza dough comments.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this!!
  • failnomore
    Options
    bump
  • tarynnmichelle
    tarynnmichelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I've been avoiding rice & really miss it.
  • cf0506
    cf0506 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just found this exact recipe on a google search the other day and LOVED it! Even my 5 year old said "it tastes like pasta" and has been asking for it.

Very, very good :)
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just made this recipe this morning (yes it is 10am here, lol) and it was amazing!!

2 cups of cauliflower rice stir fried with red bell pepper, chicken breast, onion, kale, some butter and spices. It worked out to 317 calories (a little less than half of which was the butter) and it was phenomenal...and quite a huge portion!

Thank you for posting this! I may or may not have gone out and bought several heads of cauliflower last night after reading this post. I also made the cauliflower pizza crust last night which was also really good
  • skinnymoe1
    skinnymoe1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome idea-I am definetely trying this
  • mutleym
    mutleym Posts: 1
    Options
    brilliant idea, thanks
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a really good idea. This'll go onto my list of new things to try. :smile:
  • Tindomerel
    Tindomerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • babfortyfour
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. I'm looking forward to trying this! I did feel like I was cheating when I ate the cauliflower mashed potatoes. I topped them with ground turkey and Enrico's Fat Free Pasta Sauce!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try this!