How Do you Read?

Options

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Kindle or good old fashioned paper book. It all depends if the books a 'keeper' or not. If not then I get the kindle version. If it's a keeper then I get the book. I'm running out of space for books & fine this method helps.:wink:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would read sporadically...till I got my iPad...now I read in the car, on the couch, on the treadmill...everywhere I can spare 5 minutes...love how light the iPad is compared to a real book...and how I can read in the dark without a bright light
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Right to left.

Top to bottom.

Try not to move my lips.
    RIGHT to left?

I read left to right.

Is that like a europe thing?

No, it's just reading from the left to the right.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, you CAN lend your Kindle books to other kindle owners. There are a few ways to do it. One is to use the lend feature once on enabled books. The second way is to have them register to your account for a bit and send them the book.
    My husband and I are on different amazon accounts, but we have sent books to each other doing this.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i prefer the real thing. i dont know if that will ever change. I have read books on my phone and its ok, but i still like the tactile aspect of the book in my hands.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I read books, listen to audiobooks and have a Kindle. I love the look/feel/smell! of "real" books, but the Kindle is great for travel and when I need a new book fast and I'm not near a bookstore! I also love having access to all the literature available for free (public domain) on my Kindle. It was a gift a couple of years ago, didn't really think I'd like it, but turns out I do!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Left to right, top to bottom. :tongue:

I, too, prefer a "real" book to an e-book. Esp in situations like the OP said with her grandmother writing in the book she handed down, the book itself has its own story separate from the written story.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    One word at a time. :tongue:
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We have an Ipad and i have a kindle app on my droid. That makes it easy for "I'm bored" on the go type reading - but, to me, nothing beats a book in my hands.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Library books, almost exclusively. I get a little uncomfortable when someone inspects my bookshelves. They're full of books other people have given me or left at my house, or books that I found for free on a neighbor's sidewalk, or books I bought for 50 cents at the library's used book sale that looked vaguely interesting... and mixed in with that are my girlfriend's new-age self-help books. It's not at all a reflection of what I like to read since most of what I read gets returned to the library.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I have a nook, however I don't have many ebooks on it at the moment. I still like to read paper books and have a decent amount of them.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't have a preference really in regards to the experience. I like the convenience of the Kindle because I can have the book I want without leaving my home. But if I love a book I must buy it to add to my library.
  • perfectionsux
    Options
    I like both real books and my ebook reader...

Real Books I LOVE THE FEEL and the SMELL.... I love the sound when you turn pages....

I love my ebook reader, due to the fact I can put 10000000000000000000000000000000s of books on it.... I use to travel ALOT... and use to bring my carry on and it was full of books.... now when i travel my carry on actual things that i might need... My purse use to carry 3 books in it at all times... But now it carrys my wallets, my reader and whatever esle...

I love both... I do get into stints that I do not want to touch my reader... thats when i grab my book :D
  • becky2967
    becky2967 Posts: 124
    Options
    i still buy a actual book. i love technology but when its books i love to have the old way. especialy with a child who loves a story before bed. it wouldnt be the same.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Usually an actual book laying down in bed under the covers. Sometimes though, I'll read a book on my phone while on my stair climbing torture device.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    real books. if someone gave me a kindle or nook, i wouldn't be opposed to having it. but i don't get why someone would pay 200 dollars just for a machine to read books you still have to purchase!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Nook! And I love it. Though I do miss my books and pages. :/
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to read. :sad:
  • rissuhbissuh
    Options
    I prefer to read an actual book...like the real deal thing. Why spend the money on not only the machine, but the books too. Just my personal opinion though.
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I wanted an ereader until my inlaws bought me one. I LOVE it!!! I think my favourite part is that I can read one handed (really nice if you get into a comfy spot and don't want to shift to turn the page, or if the baby is sleeping on my arm).