Men...Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?

Options

Replies

• Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Mmm, it's not that I'm thinking of one particular guy in general. I was using him as an example. I know women can be this way too. At least, I think so. Honestly, I stopped being friends with females back in middle school. They were always screeching about which man belonged to them and I doubt they've ever stopped. I know we don't live in a fairy tale world but really...is it that difficult to not be an *kitten* to others of the opposite gender? Or the same, I suppose.:ohwell:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mmm, it's not that I'm thinking of one particular guy in general. I was using him as an example. I know women can be this way too. At least, I think so. Honestly, I stopped being friends with females back in middle school. They were always screeching about which man belonged to them and I doubt they've ever stopped. I know we don't live in a fairy tale world but really...is it that difficult to not be an *kitten* to others of the opposite gender? Or the same, I suppose.:ohwell:

So ... you're surrounded by men who treat you horribly and women who behave like children?

Methinks it's you.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options

So ... you're surrounded by men who treat you horribly and women who behave like children?

Methinks it's you.

*hands OP a mirror*
  • Vermilla
    Options
    No, it's not just me, although thanks for proving yourself to be an *kitten* too :smile: I don't tend to hang around women, so I don't know how they treat other women (or men), but yes, most (and for those who can't apparently read, I said most, not all) men do behave like jerks. Not just to me, but to my co-workers, my family, and others I've spoken to as well. Same with guys who feel the uncontrollable desire to shout out sexual phrases or other harassing comments across a room to a woman for no reason. I highly doubt those women are the problem either.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    *hands OP a mirror*
    Thanks...my hair was messy
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    No, it's not just me, although thanks for proving yourself to be an *kitten* too :smile: I don't tend to hang around women, so I don't know how they treat other women (or men), but yes, most (and for those who can't apparently read, I said most, not all) men do behave like jerks. Not just to me, but to my co-workers, my family, and others I've spoken to as well. Same with guys who feel the uncontrollable desire to shout out sexual phrases or other harassing comments across a room to a woman for no reason. I highly doubt those women are the problem either.
    You sound bitter. :flowerforyou:
  • Vermilla
    Options
    Yay, binary code! :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I need to say this more: I am ever so thankful for the people in my life who behave like civilzed, evolved humans.
  • Vermilla
    Options

Sorry. :blushing: But when jerks act like jerks and then somebody points the finger away from them, it grates my nerves. Like people standing up for bullies.
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me.

And God is it working well. :bigsmile:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My best friend is still really good friends with her ex boyfriend of 3 years. He's SUPER nice to her alone but even when it's just me around he acts all big and tough. My theory is that he wants to look like NOTHING can or ever will hurt him, mainly because she broke up with him and it wasn't dramatic and was good for both of them, but he just doesn't want to appear to be able to be hurt I guess.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You have discovered the species Doucheus Maximus Simpleton, a common predator in the gym apex. Doucheus Maximus Simpleton often perform mating rituals that include beating their chest, hooting, frost tipping their hair, and winking at themselves in the mirror. To keep a respectable rank amongst the other Doucheus Maximus that may dwell within the gym apex, they will engage in an act scientists have labeled "douchery".

The higher the social rank of Doucheus Maximus, the more acts of douchery they will commit, which seems to attract the female doucheus minoritis species and allow them to perform coitus upon them.

LOFL!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Glamour magazine's "man issue" just addressed this, sort of, and he seemed to imply it was an evolutionary thing, that if he let's on to any other men that he is interested in a particular girl then it would increase the competition for said female. I dunno, that was more related to why men ignore someone they like when their friends are around.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Sorry. :blushing: But when jerks act like jerks and then somebody points the finger away from them, it grates my nerves. Like people standing up for bullies.

Well since such a large portion of the population are apparently jerks, most men as you say yourself, I feel bad for you. It must be a very hard life with so many awful people around a nice person like yourself.
  • Vermilla
    Options
    Me.

And God is it working well. :bigsmile:

Hehe. See? There's such thing as good humor! :laugh:
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A-holes like that are just trying to protect their virginity.

LMAO...^^^ This!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Me personally? No one but myself and the people I love. I have reached a stage in my life were I honestly don't care what people other than that think of me.

The behaviour you describe however isn't a facet of being a man more than it is a measure of being immature or unsure of yourself. Only under confident people feel the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel or look better.

Ditto,

What you are getting is not related to how a "Man" acts. This is how "Boys" or juveniles act!

I am a "Man", "Father", "Husband" and "Son". And I would never speak like that to anyone!

Now, I joke around with my friends. And the jokes can get silly and crewed. But, this is just with people I am very familiar with. Never with an acquaintance.

If you were around the friends you cut up with would you still cut up like that when your wife walked up. Would you cut up with your wife the same way. If yes, U da man....

Not sure I understand the question?

Do I joke around with my wife? Yes, absolutely. All the time.

Would I talk disrespectfully to or about my wife? No absolutely not!
  • Vermilla
    Options

Well since such a large portion of the population are apparently jerks, most men as you say yourself, I feel bad for you. It must be a very hard life with so many awful people around a nice person like yourself.

Being sarcastic doesn't help anybody. If you're offended by the fact that there are male jerks out there, and plenty of them, then maybe you have something to hide. We all have our flaws, but that doesn't mean people have to be *kitten*. And yes, actually, I am a pretty nice person, as much as somebody can be one. People who don't flip me off or act like *kitten* within three seconds of seeing me tend to know that.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The takeaway message here is that men and women are generally *kitten*?
  • Vermilla
    Options
    The takeaway message here is that men and women are generally *kitten*?

More along the line that despite what they are "normally" they act like *kitten* around the other gender. They can be a really nice person for all I know and still be an *kitten* when it comes to the other gender.