Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The thing that kick started my weight loss, in all honestly was having my daughter and realizing I want to be as healthy as possible for her, and also I went to six flags not even a month after giving birth, so I had some extra weight on me, and I got on all of the rollercoasters, and then after eating something really unhealthy, I was bloated, and the seatbelt JUST didn't fit, and the employee made a really rude comment about sucking it in. I refused to suck it in so I got off and was really upset. That's when I got really serious and lost almost 20 pounds since then, because with my father dying I got a little off track, not eating at all a few days then non stop eating. :/
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was to lose weight for me. I've spent my entire life overweight. My weight problems didn't stem from my own actions but rather by the action (or inaction) of my mother who thought that mcdonalds etc was a perfectly appropriate meal for every meal.

At my heaviest, I weighed 240lbs and the biggest size I have ever worn was a size 23. Now, I am down to a size 9/10 and I weigh 152.

I want to lose weight primarily because I want to feel better. I want to feel better about myself and I want to be healthier. I got tired of people refusing to look at the real me because of all the extra flubber that I was carrying around. It wasn't fair to myself.

I've had many issues with my weight with people calling me names and making fun of me. Some of it has greatly impacted my life in a negative way. I don't want to open myself up to this any longer.

My ultimate goal is to lose my belly fat and keep it off. I'd love to be able to rock a bikini, just for the fact that I could say that I could. I want to feel in control and attractive. This is my motivation.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I had weight to lose I wanted to lose because my blood pressure was high and I hated the way I looked in any clothes. It hurt to sit down because everything was getting so tight!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    To be 100% honest.. I want to lose weight to find a husband!!! I know looks aren't everything but that's what attracts people to you in the first place so I want to be more confident and feel as pretty on the outside as I am on the inside.
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    cause this pic made me sick plus i want lots more tattoos and i want them on a hot body my fiance says all the time that Abby on NCIS and Danialle from American Pickers are so hot with all the tattoos i dont want an ugly body to be covered in tattoos so before i get all my plans i want to loose this nasty weight

11-11-11794-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! I had a very similar moment where I saw a photo of myself and went WOW! i don't want to be that girl anymore.

The other reason I want to lose weight is that I want to look hot in a bikini. All my girlfriends are thinner than me and I'm very self conscious in a two piece. I used to feel skinny, and was more confident 30lbs ago. Time to feel good about myself again!

Your welcome
    I just really felt like he loves my body but i dont thats not fair i want to be attractive too i want him to see a movie star in me too tattoos and all

Plus i was mortified that i just bought a size 20 in jeans thats sickening im only 5'1
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've gotten to the point where my health is good. So I guess it's all about vanity at this point. And performance; run faster, lift more, do more pullups, etc.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just want to wear clothing and not worry if I am muffin topping. I want to put anything on and know i'm looking good. For me and my husband.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love looking good! And feeling good too!
  • keshalady
    Options
    way to go!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    What is the reason you honestly want to lose weight!? Everyone says they want to be healthy and because they want to have confidence and all that stuff! Yes I want to be healthy and have self confidence, but I really want to lose weight because of all the people that called me fat or a cow (like I don't all ready know) and whatever else rude things they said to me! I want to lose weight and look HOT and just rock it! I want my body to say look at me now and look at what you can't have! I want to make them regret everything they ever said!

What about you?
    Validitiy (I have to at least look fit) and vanity if I'm being honest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    For the sake of my health. I am young and for ALLL of my life, Elementary, Middle and now through high school (JR.) I have been overweight and I am just tired of it. I want to get my health together before I am in my twenties and 200+ lbs. Plus my family has a history of diabetes, high blood preasure, high cholestorol and I DO NOT want to be another statisitc.
  • Smarternow
    Options
    What is the reason you honestly want to lose weight!? Everyone says they want to be healthy and because they want to have confidence and all that stuff! Yes I want to be healthy and have self confidence, but I really want to lose weight because of all the people that called me fat or a cow (like I don't all ready know) and whatever else rude things they said to me! I want to lose weight and look HOT and just rock it! I want my body to say look at me now and look at what you can't have! I want to make them regret everything they ever said!

What about you?
    I want to lose weight as I love it when you've finally reached the weight that you are comfortable in your own skin, and I have a habit of staying extra long in my dressing gown, just because I feel uncomfortable in any clothes I wear, but once you are down to where you want to be, it's great. I'm about half way to wear I'm headed, and most of the time now (summer here and it can be quite hot) I actually get dressed rather early, and for me that's progress!!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am getting married. I was in a serious relationship once before and was left for a skinnier girl. That crushed me more than I can say. I know that my fiance will NEVER leave me, but on my end I want to make sure that NEVER happens again. And yes, my fiance is inifinately more awesome!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I want to loose weight for vanity reasons only,to be 100% honest the health thing is just a side effect of that
    Agreed. I'm totally narcissistic and vain. I'm doing this so I'll be happy with what I see in the mirror. The health part is a side effect.
  • shoover10
    Options
    Like pictures of me
    Feel pretty
    Actually look good in cute clothes
    ^be able to fit in the cute clothes and not be so size limited
    Avoid Diabetes (genetic)
    Be able to run without turning red, gasping for breath and collapsing.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Because I feel ugly and want men to look at me....not past me...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like feeling strong and healthy.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Because this extra weight (which isn't alot) makes me feel like crap. I feel like a cow so there for wonder if I look like one too!!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Because I feel so terrible, fat and ugly inside, right now.

I'm full of energy (which is why I started a group on MFP) but it doesn't translate to what I'm physically doing.

Trying to change that in a big way before it's "too late."

katie
  • SBelle83
    SBelle83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. To feel fit.
    2. To shrink my thunder thighs.
    3. To be able to wear prettier girly clothes.
    4. To land the man of my dreams.... :)