• VassiT
    VassiT Posts: 4
    Options
    Frozen green grapes. Delicious.

My favorite!!!Check this out too:

Dusty Grapes
    3 cups frozen red grapes
    2-3 T. any flavor Jell-O powder

Place frozen grapes in a quart sized zip top bag, add Jell-O powder, zip bag and shake well. Be sure that your frozen grapes are right from the freezer because any condensation will cause clumping.
    I have not tried this with sugar-free Jell-O but imagine it would work fine.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    My hearty... before a workout snack is
    a garden veggie burger with salsa
    or if I'm really hungry
    I put the veggie burger and salsa in a small corn tortilla.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Oh my, these all sound really tasty! Thanks for all the ideas!
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    Almonds and raisins. Put two almonds for every one raisin in your mouth. Delish!
    Yes! The texture of this is awesome, or having low-fat yoghurt with mixed raisins and nuts is just heaven
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Not unique ideas, but my favourites are activia 'fat free' yoghurts, go ahead apple and sultana biscuit bars, small bananas and go ahead yoghurt bars. Totally help with sweet cravings:-)
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    carrots and roasted red pepper humus
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lately a plain rice cake or cheese flavored, they are 35 calories and 7 carbs, with a slice of american cheese (60-70 calries) You can also just sprinkle with a little pepperjack or whatever you have, go light on the cheese. I've also sprinkled tabasco on it,
    Works for me, I zap in the microwave about 25 seconds the cheese melts and I love it.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    grapes washed under water and then rolled in sugar free jello of your choice and put in the freezer on a cookie sheet until frozen and then transfer to a bag. Helps the sweet tooth.
  • 2012newbie
    Options
    Bump
  • 2012newbie
    Options
    The other night I made some chili without beans. I used a half lb of 85% lean ground beef, browned in a skillet with sliced up hot peppers, about 1/4 onion diced, a couple celery stalks, sliced up, and a zuchinni sliced up, cooked that all up with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and about 2 spoons of victorias hot sauce ( I have a high flavor point), I had a bowl of it with a little bit of
    sour cream and a little guacamole on top, it was delish. I had leftovers so next day I sliced up a little cabbage thin and sauteed that down and added just about maybe 10-12 cooked Dreamfields Angelhair pasta noodles and served the leftover chili over that with parmesan cheese, and it was so good. I think I will make this a regular thing since it was so satisfying, had a green salad with that, with sliced cucumber and a little rice vinegar and olive oil over the top. YUM
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wasa cracker (35 cal)
    Light laughing cow cheese wedge- tomato basil is my fave. (35 cal) = 60 cal filling snack

Also
    Wasa cracker (35 cal)
    Dice 1 roma tomato (25)
    1/2 wedge light laughing cow (18)
    Red wine vinegar, balsamic, oregano,salt pepper(<10 cal) = <90 cal bruschetta!

Peel& dice 1/2 a medium cucumber (12 cal)
    1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt- look for one with high protein (60 cal)
    Add oregano, parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper, whatever (<10 cal) = <80 cal filling snack- could use as dressing too

1/2 cup light cottage cheese (80 cal)
    T craisins (20 cal)= 100 cal filling, sweet snack

1/2 a veggie, salt free bullion cube (12 cal) - Microwave it in a mug with some water. Perfect to hold you over until your next meal. Can add some diced carrot, onion, celery, tomato too if you want.
  • smartal5
    smartal5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've written down a bunch of these and I can't wait to try them!

I like to do celery with a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (35 calories for the cheese, negligible amounts in the celery), 3-2-1 cake (aka 56 calorie cake in a cup!), mixed berries sprinkled with Stevia (calories depend on the berries, but usually under 75), and Special K sea salt cracker-chips with mild chunky salsa (under 200 calories!).
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A quick on the run snack I like is, taking a bite of my apple, then a small bite of a " chocolate or peanut butter cliff builder bar" . I only eat 1/2 of the bar, Bite of apple, bite of bar. Tastes like a taffy apple.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bran Crisp Bread (4)
    2tbsp cream cheese
    3oz smoked salmon

It is awesome, the bran crisp bread takes a bit of getting used to however it is tasty:wink:
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    2 reduced fat triskets, light cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, and finely diced red onion. It's super satisfying and low calorie.
    i'll have to try this, i do the same but with cream cheese and salmon only, urs sounds yummo
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I need something that's bigger than snack size, otherwise I want 10 of them! For me, a celery stick smeared with sugarfree peanut butter (Whole Earth) does the trick. Because of the crunch it takes ages to eat and the protein fills me up.

If I'm being really greedy then I chop up an entire cucumber, spinkle with with dried herbs (oregano is lovely for a Greek flavour) and drizzle it with balsamic vinegar - around just 50cals!!! I particularly love this after a workout if it's too early for dinner. It does the trick psychologically as it feels like I'm rehydrating thanks to all the water in the cucumber. If I've got enough calories left on MFP I sometimes also drizzle on some olive oil.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Roasted and spiced chickpeas (garbanzo beans)! Drain a tin of chickpeas and pat dry, roast as they are until crunchy. While they are in the oven, mix some of your favourite spices (chili, cumin, corriander, etc.) with a bit of olive oil, then tip the hot beans in a give them a good coating before making them vanish!

I love this! Thank you for reminding me how delicious roasted chick peas are!