Replies

• Sixleafclover
    Sixleafclover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Smart pop dipped in butterscotch pudding
  • alliecat21
    alliecat21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds so weird, but it is delicious and 175 calories! Sometimes I eat it for lunch if I'm in a rush! :tongue:

Banana Snack

I banana-halved length wise
    1 tablespoon of LIGHT mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts

Spread a thin layer of mayo on cut side up of each banana slice and top with walnuts!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I need something that's bigger than snack size, otherwise I want 10 of them! For me, a celery stick smeared with sugarfree peanut butter (Whole Earth) does the trick. Because of the crunch it takes ages to eat and the protein fills me up.

If I'm being really greedy then I chop up an entire cucumber, spinkle with with dried herbs (oregano is lovely for a Greek flavour) and drizzle it with balsamic vinegar - around just 50cals!!! I particularly love this after a workout if it's too early for dinner. It does the trick psychologically as it feels like I'm rehydrating thanks to all the water in the cucumber. If I've got enough calories left on MFP I sometimes also drizzle on some olive oil.

Just remembered another one... although I'm not doing low carb at the moment (just calorie counting and trying to be sensible), the recipe I posted ages ago for low-carb chocolate muffins (more like a brownie in texture) are still a firm favourite as they are full of fibre, have some calcium and are sugar-free: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332887-low-carb-chocolate-oatbran-muffins?hl=dukan+muffin+recipe#posts-4463093
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hmm, will have to take a good look through this when I have time! :-) I'm always on the look out for good snack ideas!

Thanks everyone!
  • mary35699
    mary35699 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey there I was wondering if anyone has any recipe ideas for hamburger meat? I would like to make something for dinner that is good for us but tastes good as well.

though I would share.

Recipe name Tasty juicy burgers

Number of servings
    Serves people
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Calcium Vit C
    Sobey's (Cdn) - Lean Ground Beef, 790 g 1,738 0 119 150 16 0
    Fresh - Yellow Onion, 1 medium 60 11 0 2 4 20
    Carrots - Baby, raw, 100 g 35 8 0 1 3 14
    Spice World - Minced Garlic , 2 tsp (5g) 10 2 0 0 0 0
    Generic - 100% Whole Wheat Salad Rolls, 1 roll 100 18 2 4 2 0
    Spices - Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tsp 6 1 0 0 0 2
    Santa Fe - Habanero Powder, 1 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Spice Classics - Italian Seasoning, 4 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0

I use my food processor and my stand mixer for this but you can total do it by hand makes a great tasty juicy burger. It you got little ones or don't like spice just dial it down for yourself.
    I put the onion and carrots along with the garlic and spices into the food processor and give them a few good pulses to mix it up and get them all ground down. Then I add them to my meat thats sitting in the stand mixer, throw the roll into the food processor and then add that to the meat mixture. Give it a few minutes to mix around alternating the speed and then I separate it into 10 eqaul size portions and then shape them into patties. Then I put some on the indoor grill and freeze the rest.

Total: 1949 40 121 157 25 36
    Per Serving: 195 4 12 16 3 4
  • TrishKZ
    Options
    My favorite coffee drink! 1 cup brewed or instant coffee, Hot = 2 calories
    1 tsp baking cocoa = 3 calories
    2 envelopes of splenda = 0 calories
    4 tsp coffee mate powder = 40 calories
    carb total= 8
    sugar free
    total calories= 45
    I also love to blend this with ice for a frozen drink!
  • TrishKZ
    Options
    PB2 mixed into vanilla ice cream

PB2 is wonderful! a vegan friend just gave me a jar! Its wonderful! The texture was a bit weird at first but I soon got over that :smile:
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    yum, thanks
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    tuna cakes,
    chop green onions and mince shredded carrot and zucchini, mix with 1 egg a some flour or binder of your choice, and drop on skillet to make little cakes........great after workout snack
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No one said my favorite snack.. cored apple wrapped in Oscar Meyer low fat turkey slices. Change which kind of turkey flavor for a different taste.
  • blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump, great ideas!
  • jstutz
    jstutz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think I saw it on here

Half a graham cracker
    Spread light cream cheese on top
    Spread reduced sugar strawberry jelly on top of that

Voila! You have mini cheesecakes
    Great one! Gotta try it tomorrow!
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OMG bump! Just what I needed for ideas :P
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread ever!!!
    I think I saw it on here

Half a graham cracker
    Spread light cream cheese on top
    Spread reduced sugar strawberry jelly on top of that

Voila! You have mini cheesecakes
    Great one! Gotta try it tomorrow!
  • Katibug185
    Options
    Try whorstershire
  • brittanyck
    Options
    Saving this post!

But I love Yogurt tzatziki dip with any vegetable... My favorite is carrots! And tzatziki is 45 cals for 2 tbls! Enjoy!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    -Soy crisps (about 5 cal each) with a smear of Smuckers natural peanut butter (or other nut butter) (about 55 cal for a TB).
    -Trader Joe's Seaweed Snacks. Yummy, sesame/salty flavor that reminds me of sushi. Only 30 cal for a 1/2 package.
    -Flavored coffee. (Not so unique but the flavored coffees offer a good way to satisfy cravings. I drink them black but a ts of sugar goes a long way.)

I, too, do the flavored coffee for a treat. Today I had blueberry muffin. Yum!
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mine is a green smoothie made with:

1 cup of mixed frozen berries
    1 scoop of protein powder (I use Sunwarrior plain)
    1 tablespoon of spirulina or ultimate greens powder or 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
    2 cups of water
    half a fresh avocado (optional)
    1 tablespoon of chia seeds

if you like your smoothies a bit sweeter add half a teaspoon of stevia sweetener

Blend well and drink immediately :smile:
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I like to get wholemeal flat bread, squeeze some lemon juice over it and sprinkle it with chilli powder, then cut it into bite sized pieces and bake them for about 10-15 minutes.. Mmmm!
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    OMG!!!!! BUMPING THIS!!!!!!:love: