Options
    bump
  • poison_masquerade
    Options
    Bump :)
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato Hummus with cucumber is my new favorite snack!! It has a bit of kick to it , something about it reminds me of a meal I have had at an Indian resturant.

Holy COW!

Sweet Potato + Hummus = dream come true!

I just looked up a recipe for it and I'm going to make it this week! Thanks for the tip!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Lowfat iced latte--use your leftover morning coffe, add skim milk and your favorite sweetener, and lots of crushed ice.

Not only is it yummy, and has a bit of calcium, I'm using leftovers to make something for almost free that would cost $2-$4 dollars at a coffee shop!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Roasted and spiced chickpeas (garbanzo beans)! Drain a tin of chickpeas and pat dry, roast as they are until crunchy. While they are in the oven, mix some of your favourite spices (chili, cumin, corriander, etc.) with a bit of olive oil, then tip the hot beans in a give them a good coating before making them vanish!

What temp do you roast them at and for how long?
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Also, my snack (and this is really weird) I get pancakes and put mustard on them :P You get a slightly sweet and slightly spicy mix and it's awesome :)
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Mmm...Bump for when I'm hungry!:glasses:
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and any flavor hummus. I frickin' love hummus.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon or two of peanut butter and some Rice Krispies mixed together.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Low calorie Peanut Butter: PB2 45 calories for 2 TBS. MIx it with water to equal about 1.5 TBS.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!

I made these a few years ago when my niece and nephew moved in with us. It was a great way to get them to eat some fruit, and they love them. It is a frequent request by my niece especially for a non-school lunch. We call them "peanut butter and banana sandwiches" since that is basically what they are. Mmmmmm.....I might have to have one of these tonight.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Here's another twist to "ants on a log": celery, with a laughing cow swiss cheese wedge and craisins! It's delish!

I like the sound of this!

That's a great idea! Sounds delicious!
  • Tifftiff27
    Tifftiff27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I am having a craving for sweets, I love to eat the Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream bar, They are super yummy and only have 100 calories!!
  • markrlindsey
    Options
    My favorite snack is beef jerky. It only takes half an ounce to keep me from feeling hungry for a long while.
  • jettyib1
    jettyib1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I need menu ideas. I am just starting on this program.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    - Dried Seaweed snacks (1 calorie per sheet)
    - Tomato Salsa with celery (like a Cesar but no alcohol)
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    cucumbers cut up w a dash of light salt or plain and lime squeezed over it. ... wheat thins topped with feta cheese then microwaved just to slightly melt or soften cheese .
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    (Something Salty): Baked Chick Peas

19 0z. can of Chick Peas (strained, rinsed, patted dry with a paper towel)
    Olive Oil Spray
    Salt
    1/4 tsp Cayenne
    1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/4 tsp Oregano

Set oven to 450f and bake 30-35 minutes. Spray with olive oil (when done cooking), top with seasonings

I ate an entire can of baked chick peas earlier (; I think they're a great substitution for chips or crackers. Feel free to tweak the seasonings(: I like spicy things so I typically add more Cayenne

(Something Sweet): Frozen Yogurt

Cover a plate/tray with tin foil. Pour your favorite yogurt into a Ziploc bag. Cut a tip off of the bag and make yogurt 'dots' all over until you've used all the yogurt up. Freeze 45 minutes.

I also ate this today(; (lol eat a *lot* of snacks!) I like this because it's less calories than ice cream but still satisfies(:

Hope these helped!!!