Unique snack ideas

Options

Replies

• RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!

Also banana with cinamon is great! ;-)
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!

I also do this!! Except, sometimes I microwave it for maybe 20 seconds (and occasionally throw on a chocolate chip or two)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of natures path hemp and omega granola

Mix: 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, little less than 1/4 cup of milk (skim or 1%), and little less than 1/4 scoop of protein powder...makes a silky yogurt sauce you can pour over the granola.

I eat only 1/4 of the granola because its high in carbs/calories as most granola is (although as far as granola goes this is one of the healthiest I've found...) but you could eat whatever you please and use the yogurt blend as a drizzle!

I seriously eat this every day (minus the protein powder) mixed with organic blueberries/raspberries/strawberries. Parfaits!
    My guy has even become obsessed with them, meaning I have to buy a pack of Greek yogurt every other day, and a box of Hemp Plus once a week

I also love to take a large Gala apple, cut it into irregular super skinny slices, and then pour a tonne of cinnamon on top. Soo good.

I've been told that I'm kind of weird when it comes to breakfast: I'll take 1/2 a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup of Bolthouse perfectly protein, 1/2 cup organic fruit, packet of Glutenfreeda or Nature's Path oatmeal, half of a banana, 1 TBSP of freshly ground flax seeds and 1/2 TBSP of chia seeds and mix it all together and heat. I eat this almost every day and it keeps me full for hours!

Also, growing up my mom always cut our sandwiches into puzzle pieces. We weren't allowed to eat the sandwich until we'd solved the puzzle. I still do this...:blushing:
  • jmsuciu
    jmsuciu Posts: 6
    Options
    Bump. These all sound great!
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think I saw it on here

Half a graham cracker
    Spread light cream cheese on top
    Spread reduced sugar strawberry jelly on top of that

Voila! You have mini cheesecakes

This sounds amazing! Gonna try it ASAP. Thanks.
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump :D
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    roasted chick peas :)

Drain a can of chick peas, spread them evenly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle some oil over them and whatever spices/seasonings you like. I love garlic, pepper, cayenne, and dried chilis. Bake at 350F for as long as it takes to make them nice and crispy. Usually an hour, give or take.

Mmmmmm so delicious!
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump to read later :smile:
  • mrskristymiller
    mrskristymiller Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming...:)
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bumpin' this!
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas in here.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I do that - it's delish! :)
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I take 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and put in in a food processor or magic bullet with sugar free lemon jello powder. It makes like lemon cheesecake and i either eat it as is or over grapes and strawberries. YUM!
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    I personally enjoy raspberries for a snack... They are so good and very good for you.
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    bump
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • philly_rack
    Options
    bump
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like the 7 grain wasa bread (3 pieces = 60 calories) with some laughing cow cheese and red bell pepper slices