Ripped in 30 Challenge - start Sunday

Options

Replies

• karen582
    karen582 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I actuall started Ripped in 30 on Monday and will be doing it for the 4th time tonight, it's my first Jillian DVD as I mainly go to gym classes i.e. Body Attack, Spinning etc but saw some results online and couldn't believe it.

I was also doing Killer Buns & Thighs at the same time along with my normal classes but last night after my Bums & tums class i was just exhausted and in pain so didn't do either last night and have decided that that is probably going a bit too far so just going to stick with my normal classes and ripped in 30 and then move onto killer B&T after.

Karen x
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    completed day 4 of ripped today and day 3 of 6w6p. took measurements and have lots 3/4 inch off my waist already :happy:
  • Freshdaisy
    Freshdaisy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 6, level 1 done. Rest day tomorrow, yes!
  • sjhaar
    sjhaar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm finally done with Level 1!!! I am so excited to start Level 2 tomorrow; it just seems like towards the end of each of the levels I get bored and lack motivation to do it. So, here is to not being bored and having tons (or pounds) of motivation!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I started today with Level 1 after a round of 30 DS. Level 1 seems easy now. ;O). Is anyone else doing ripped after finishing 30 DS?

Don't worry, I was still sweating. Thanks for starting this thread so I know there are others out there with this workout!

I finished 30 Day Shred on Saturday and started Ripped on Sunday. So yes, I am following it. I'm surprised at how sore I am. I was also AMAZED, because during 30 DS I burned between 220-240 calories each time, where the first day with Ripped I burned 372. Yesterday was day 4 (I missed a day) and I only burned 310, though, which is always somewhat disappointing and thrilling - you know you're getting better, but you hate to not burn as much!

I will happily take friends that are doing any of Jillian's workouts! I have Shed and Shred sitting here for when I'm done with Ripped, and am a 30DS graduate. :wink:
    Just curious because I've seen this on other posts too; how do you know exactly how many calories you have burned? Is there a special device that you use? Thanks!

I was using my husband's Polar FT7 heart rate monitor. My new Polar FT40 was delivered via UPS today. That's supposed to be more accurate when you base it off of the fitness test that is built in, so we are anxious to see what kind of numbers I get. The bad? The kids and I have a horrible cold today. I'm so bummed!

ETA: They are not 100% accurate, but it gives you a good idea!
  • sjhaar
    Options
    I started today with Level 1 after a round of 30 DS. Level 1 seems easy now. ;O). Is anyone else doing ripped after finishing 30 DS?

Don't worry, I was still sweating. Thanks for starting this thread so I know there are others out there with this workout!

I finished 30 Day Shred on Saturday and started Ripped on Sunday. So yes, I am following it. I'm surprised at how sore I am. I was also AMAZED, because during 30 DS I burned between 220-240 calories each time, where the first day with Ripped I burned 372. Yesterday was day 4 (I missed a day) and I only burned 310, though, which is always somewhat disappointing and thrilling - you know you're getting better, but you hate to not burn as much!

I will happily take friends that are doing any of Jillian's workouts! I have Shed and Shred sitting here for when I'm done with Ripped, and am a 30DS graduate. :wink:
    Just curious because I've seen this on other posts too; how do you know exactly how many calories you have burned? Is there a special device that you use? Thanks!

I was using my husband's Polar FT7 heart rate monitor. My new Polar FT40 was delivered via UPS today. That's supposed to be more accurate when you base it off of the fitness test that is built in, so we are anxious to see what kind of numbers I get. The bad? The kids and I have a horrible cold today. I'm so bummed!

ETA: They are not 100% accurate, but it gives you a good idea!
    Thanks!
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 5 of ripped and it was a real struggle today. Some of the cardio really kicked but butt, Hope I'm not getting sick :frown:
  • sjhaar
    Options
    Just did my first day of Level 2, it was a tough one! How is everyone else doing?
  • Logansmom2011
    Logansmom2011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    just did day 1 of week 2 and I HATED it!I hope as the days go by I will get better with it.I just wasn't feeling the whole workout thing today :(
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just bought the DVD and started today. I am in for sure! I leave for Mexico in 29 days... coincidence....I don't think so lol
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    I am starting this today so I will be a week behind!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think I may start today. I hurt my back last week but it's feeling better today. I have insanity but until we get a tv put downstairs my husband doesn't like me jumping around at 530 am in the office (I feel like I can't do the moves well while kids are still sleeping).
    Does Ripped in 30 require a lot of jumping? I loved bootcamp when I did it for 3mo but since we moved further away from DH's work it's not feasible anymore :(
  • bluesunshine999
    Options
    I think I may start today. I hurt my back last week but it's feeling better today. I have insanity but until we get a tv put downstairs my husband doesn't like me jumping around at 530 am in the office (I feel like I can't do the moves well while kids are still sleeping).
    Does Ripped in 30 require a lot of jumping? I loved bootcamp when I did it for 3mo but since we moved further away from DH's work it's not feasible anymore :(

I've only done week one, but there isn't too much jumping. I can think of two of the cardio moves, so you may have two minutes of jumping around. There is some running in place type of stuff too though. Good luck!
  • bluesunshine999
    Options
    Alright- I finished Day 6 Level one today. I agree that I am quickly loosing steam. I am also frightened of moving to level two. I still can't even do a real push up! I kinda want to alternate level one and two this week and see how that goes. I want to be better at level one... I WANT TO DO A REAL PUSH UP DANGIT!! ;)
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It wasn't food poisoning. I have the flu. I hope to be okay by tomorrow. I will have to do a half week of level 1 and then get into level 2.

I could alternate with you, bluesunshine!
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Hi all,
    completed day 4 of ripped today and day 3 of 6w6p. took measurements and have lots 3/4 inch off my waist already :happy:

congrats...do you do them both on the same day?

i have 4 of jillians dvds and I'm just kind of bouncing around with them...doing a different one each day but have no idea if this is what I should be doing or not...I know the point to ripped in 30 seems to be that that's all you are doing but in order to incorporate the others i have I am wondering if I should be doing more than one a day or just alternating like I am
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I found this thread while searching for people currently doing Ripped in 30. I'm on week1, day 2. the backs of my thighs are sore! I'm also in half-marathon training.
  • irishdaneangel
    Options
    This is my second go around with Ripped in 30. I LOVED it the first time and took it slow slow slow. I did Week 1 about 9-10 times before going on to Week 2, then another 9 days on Week 2. That gave me the strength and familiarity with Jillian and how she goes about the workouts to do Weeks 3 and Weeks 4. Even though Week 3 seemed more intense of a workout, I loved it so much more than Week 4 which was still grueling, but for some reason I looked forward to the challenge of Week 3's workout more. The first time, I lost about 6-8 lbs and it took me about 60 days start to finish. I took about every 3rd or 4th day off. Lost maybe 6-8 lbs, ate 1200-1500 calories per day and lost a ton of inches in thighs (my weight gain spot from years of ice hockey) and some in my waist/hips. Most signicant areas toned were my upper body - no more wiggly jiggly arm fat and no more bra strap fat - ladies you know what I am talking about.

I am doing it the second time. After only 2 days in Week 1, I skipped ahead to Week 2. This time through I am alternating the Ripped in 30 with the BanishFat Boost Metabolism workout (7 circuits - 57 minutes with stretched, over 40 minutes of actual workouts - no weights which I love). I am really trying to push through and do the advanced modifications and my abs are definitely stronger. However, my shoulders seem weaker this time through, and I am dying in Week 2 Plank Jack/Mountain Climber circuit 1 cardio. FInally remembered that your feet have to come down in the mountain climbers and this puts less stress on your shoulders. I am cranking through the abs workouts with all the more advanced modifications (not as pretty as Shelly does them - she is an absolute stud). I am happy to report another inch lost in my waist already :) (loving the feel of my new Miss Me Jeans size 29).

Keep going girls.

I also have the 30 Day Shred sitting on the shelf, but couldn't motivate myself to try it since I absolutely did so well on Ripped in 30 last time. Anyone recommend 30 day shred?

I also have: Maximize full frontal, and Back in Action (good but I messed up my knee doing one of the squat / lunge combos - my fault - form must have been wrong, and both of these use a step which I do not have).

I also have the killer buns in thighs (3 different levels) but have done once when the knee injury happened.

Bought the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and was disappointed at level of intensity in Week 1-2 but maybe I need to try harder level.

I have Cosmo Girl which has a cute hip hop song that they teach you which lasts about 30 minutes - cute to do if you have daughters....

I guess you either love Jillian Michaels workouts or you hate them. I obviously can't get enough of them :)
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    I am on day 2.. My body is aching but I love it! Can't wait to see results
  • bluesunshine999
    Options
    Alright- I took the plunge and did week two. I actually really liked it!! It was so nice to change things up. Woohoo! Still can't do a regular push up but I'm working on it. Keep it up ladies!!