Replies

• sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I'm very intrigued by this concept. I had my BMR tested at Kaiser and it was 1480 (very close to MFP's calculator of 1481). The person who did my test suggested I eat 1762 cals a day (based on daily activity level and exercise) to create a 500 cal daily deficit. I did all that for a week and was good until Friday (night before weigh-in) when I kept eating and eating at dinner!

My only concern about spiking is that I'd be tempted to eat more on my non-spike days.... or eating too much on my spike day for that matter.

And are there certain exercises/workouts that work better for spiking?

Thank you!

I understand your concern. Most people find if they eat a reasonable amount of protein on spike day(at least 20%) and keep fat relatively low(30% or less), it's pretty easy to stay at your calorie goals. Also, going over just a bit on spike day is typically ok and still can produce good results. As far as workouts for spiking, I always recommend some type of weight training. Just remember spike day should be a day of rest.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm very intrigued by this concept. I had my BMR tested at Kaiser and it was 1480 (very close to MFP's calculator of 1481). The person who did my test suggested I eat 1762 cals a day (based on daily activity level and exercise) to create a 500 cal daily deficit. I did all that for a week and was good until Friday (night before weigh-in) when I kept eating and eating at dinner!

My only concern about spiking is that I'd be tempted to eat more on my non-spike days.... or eating too much on my spike day for that matter.

Thank you!

I can't speak for everyone and I've only been doing this for a month now but I find that when my Spike day is over and I am getting back to regular eating I am not tempted at all to eat more. It actaully feels good to be eating healthier and more moderately and if anything I'm still stuffed and sated from the feast the day before. As for going over on your actual Spike day... I make sure I log mine so I can keep an eye on the damage i'm doing but I don't stress if I go over by a few hundred calories. I've done it most weeks and I've still lose weight every week since starting (and it got me off a dreaded month long plateau).

We have a Spike Group on here that has been super helpful to me and full of wonderful people. Check it out if you think you may be interested in Spiking. I can't say enough wonderful things about the diet plan...
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Thank you!

Nevermind... you already found us! :)
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is very intriguing. Bumping for later. :)