Needing Dessert Every Night

Options

Replies

• tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue,jello with no sugar added is really yummy and u can have unlimited :happy: ,and i also buy the skinny cow ice cream cups 150 cal and it helps :bigsmile:
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think having one small thing a day is better than depriving yourself and binging later. I keep dark chocolate squares, yogurt and weight watchers ice cream handy for those moments when I really need it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly and frozen yogurt are good. I was the same but the weight wasn't coming off too great. I cut it out... It was hard at first, but now I don't crave it at all... Maybe once a month. I would rather have some nuts or seeds now x
  • itsmscindy
    itsmscindy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a huge chocoholic/sweet tooth too, and it's hard just to have a little bit for me. With Jenny Craig, it's nice because I can have dessert every other night. They have a cookies and cream cheesecake (170 cal 2g fat 21g sugar) that really satisfies my chocolate craving, and I'll try to keep other desserts close to that as long as I'm around 1200 calories per day. Still, I try to stay away from too much sweets and processed sugars since I really want to slim down. Really as long as you allocate it as part of your diet plan, perhaps try every other day instead of every day. On the off days, I'll have a serving of fruit. Dark chocolate is always great too :) I've also eaten nonfat greek yogurt for dessert, which is great for after working out and you get more protein.

You know what's also great, sugar free popsicles and like the others have mentioned the Weight Watchers and Skinny Cow desserts.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have to have a chocolate fix too. Chocolate is something I could never give up. I think everything is good in moderation---as long as you are not exceeding your calorie goal. I have chocolate almost every day. These are what I have in the house right now---only 80 calories. They are delicious!

0007064000288_500X500.jpg

Sorry it's so large--- I don't know how to resize the image:smile:

Oh my, these look good. I think I just drooled on my desk a little :ohwell:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I've bought Hershey Kisses so I can have 5 or 10 after dinner, and sometimes I skip snacking throughout the day altogether so I can have a Snickers bar for dessert. Is this a habit I need to nix? Or is my daily chocolate induldence ok for my diet?

Five kisses is 110 calories, ten is obviously double that; but if 220 calories is all you're dealing with, I say there's nothing wrong with that snack at all as long as it fits in your calorie allotment. There are better things you could do with those calories, especially if you're only on 1310; but then again, 40 minutes jogging will burn as many calories, so add that to your exercise and you're golden.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1310 calories a day and I don't find it extremely difficult to eat within those limits. I've been eating pretty healthy with lean meats and lots of fruits and vegetables. However, I find that after dinner every night I NEED something chocolate. If I don't induldge that craving I end up obsessing over it for hours and feel deprived. I've bought Hershey Kisses so I can have 5 or 10 after dinner, and sometimes I skip snacking throughout the day altogether so I can have a Snickers bar for dessert. Is this a habit I need to nix? Or is my daily chocolate induldence ok for my diet?
    I eat those Special K Protein bars of various flavors.

They're healthy and satisfy my cravings.

And if I don't satisfy myself, like you, I obsess over it, and sometimes, it leads to a food orgy.
    Last night I binged on party foods - 2000 calories in 30 minutes.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Sorry it's so large--- I don't know how to resize the image:smile:

It's large to give us more to drool over! LOL That looks deeeeeeeeeelicious!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Here is something that has less calroies then the Hershey Kisses or any other chocolate...keep in mind the only thing I have worried about in my program is calories nothing else...so if you are watching fat you may not want this item.

Blue Bunny - No Sugar Added Chocolate - 100 calories per 1/2 cup serving does the chocolate fix for me at night!!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I was the same way before - but challenge yourself and you CAN and WILL get better!
    Try cutting the chocolate bar into pieces, then storing them in baggies and only allowing yourself 1/3 bar per night.
    Or fewer kisses, etc...
    I don't think it's bad to have, but try not to be so dependant on it...
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't think she meant "needing" dessert as in if she doesn't get it, she goes through withdrawals as if she was in rehab. I'm a sugar LOVER and I absolutely eat chocolate all the time. I suggest buying mini sizes. You can usually get 3 or 4 of those and slowly decrease the number of times a week you eat it. This is about a lifestyle, so if you can't see yourself not eating chocolate forever, then don't do it! I love it, so I'm not gonna stop eating it, but I will watch my portions.

Everything in moderation is the key.
  • pokesfan48
    Options
    I would suggest sugar free chocolate pudding snacks. I keep those, the temptations and sugar free jello in my house at all times. Another staple is the FF cool whip.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bluberries with a dollop of fat free whip cream. Yummy!
  • vbottelson
    Options
    Yea, you're addicted. If you just make yourself give it up for a few days, you won't crave it as much.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding...only 60cals
  • PetalLynn
    Options
    I found that a few chocolate chip morsels and a few almonds taste like a Mounds bar, but is much smaller. So it was satisfying, but smaller. For what it's worth...
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but mine is not just chocolate. So I picked up some of that dessert gum by extra. I tried the Apple pie and it is great. Helped me with my craving for sweets after a meal

^^ This! I got some too and its AWESOME!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Wow those Weight Watcher treats look delish! I have added them to my shopping list!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    5 Hershey's kisses a day will not lead to diabetes. A small taste of chocolate is not a bad thing. I went from wanting ( not needing) a full blown dessert every night to a square of chocolate....it satisfies enough and I don't feel like I am doing without.

My concern is more that the OP said they would avoid eating other foods throughout the day to have a Snickers bar and stay under their calorie goal. THAT is not healthy and that is a dangerous habit to get into.
  • Kamryn1
    Options
    I know where you are coming from. I have recently started this. I search the web for weight watcher desserts. Try taking chocolate graham crackers. Break them in half, and spread a couple tablespoons of fat free cool whip, wrap in plastic and freeze. They taste like an ice cream sandwich. Or take a chocolate cake mix, dry, stir in a can of pumpkin and a cup of water. Spoon into a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. Bake at 350 until done. MMM. These are good. Also I found this shake recipe online. Put 1 cup of fat free milk, 1 tbls. fat free cool whip, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tbls. dry sugar free instant pudding, (any flavor) , and 1 cup of ice in a blender. Blend til thick and creamy. These are really pretty good. They are only 2 points in weight watchers. Good Luck!