Best alcoholic beverage to manage calories?

Options
I'm usually great during the day and during the week, but come happy hour... I'm toast.

What do you folks drink to help manage calories intake? I'm looking for all sorts of suggestions: beer, wine, liquor.

Replies

• Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Never tried it myself, but I've heard diet cranberry juice and vodka is good.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    soco
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Guiness and for liqour do diet soda, followed by a glass of water
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    vodka or gin with diet tonic :drinker:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Vodka on ice in a tall skinny glass with Pellegrino and lemon or lime juice. If you drink from a tall skinny glass you drink slower....
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The answer for me is abstain from alcoholic drinks.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Stay away from wine. Drink clear liquor (like vodka), and Michelob Ultra of Bud Select for beer. I love Coors Light, though. Not low in calories, but I will not drink any other kind of beer. Just pre-plan everything and do not go over you amount of calories.
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like my wine and margaritas... I never tried them, but they make skinny margarita's now, think like 100 cal's each... I like Moscato for my white wine and Lambrusco and Oliver(who has different flavors) for my red wine about 130-170ish each 5oz
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i had a shot of whiskey last night with dinner and it was only 69 calories ..drank it down with lemon ice water
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I stay away from mixed drinks for the most part, so its Heineken Lights 110 cals 7 carbs or Michelob Ultras 95 cals 3 carbs for me.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan and diet coke is only 60 some calories
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like the flavored vodkas with "Zero" products. For example, 1.5 cherry vodka and Sprite Zero for 104 cals or 1.5oz Whipped vodka with Coke Zero 133 cals.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    vodka or rum for me... and diet soda or a juice to mix.

if you're beer drinker... then the light ones... but really, why bother? ;)
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been told that Vodka is the lowest in calories. I do not know exact numbers but with diet pop it shouldn't be to bad. Also those low calorie beers have less alcohol in them than the regular light beer. So you will drink twice as much of them to reach a good happy hour :) which means your calories are about the same as drinking Coors light versus Bud Select 55. I have a friend who counts every calorie. He drinks Grey Goose vodka and 7up. I hope this helps.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    bump
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    vodka and club soda
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    None
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    ultra light beers, skinny girl marguerita...I find it strong, throw in a truvia, on ice. Or rum and diet coke...two limes please! I do better with less of something strong then sip it for a long time, ice helps.
  • aliciajo25
    aliciajo25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If your talkin just straight up calorie wise.....MGD 64, its a beer and only 64 calories per bottle. You can have 4 beers and still be sittin at about 256 calories. It has less alcohol per bottle than a regular beer tho. Thats a good thing for me =)