Best alcoholic beverage to manage calories?

Options

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    white wine
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    The answer for me is abstain from alcoholic drinks.

this one xxx :drinker: :cry:
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think it is just all in moderation...I like my wine and I am still loosing weight and inches, but I don't polish off a bottle everynight, at the most I Will have is three glasses on the weekend :drinker:
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You could take a good beer, water it down until it's almost tasteless and drink that ... that would lower the calories .... some people call it Bud Light

Other than that, there is no secret ... just limit your drinks ... say away from "juice or soda" mixed drinks as it just adds more calories but either way you're going to get calories ... a shot, a bottle, a glass ... all about the same ...
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 is my beer of choice. And then I LOVE SOCO. I just plan a head for the ablility to drink.
  • santeeerika
    santeeerika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you like beer, Michelob Ultra is the lowest in carbs and calories.
  • choppa419
    Options
    I have seen from "eat this not that." Beck's beer and Guiness. Hard liquer would be a Bloody Mary
  • abonam
    abonam Posts: 1
    Options
    checked out a few things and my new drink is vodka, water, maybe a splash of sprite 0 and add about 2 lemons.
    I believe this was 64 calories ( with no sprite) compared to a Miller Lite at 96.
  • sonjachall
    Options
    There's just 56 cals in a gin with slimline tonic so for me it's the only drink that doesn't prove a problem when trying to keep below my daily calorie intake limit. Much more refreshing than a glass of red and a fraction of the calories. With a sliver of lime it's really delicious.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Might not be available in bars, but Ocean Spray Diet Blueberry Juice (5cal per 8oz) and Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka (70 cal per oz) are pure heaven together. Think blueberry pie with whipped cream on top.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    gin and ginger ale
    jack and diet

both high in sugar, tho
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Beware of mixers, be it fruit juice, tonic water, etc. They pack a lot of calories. There are diet tonics which are supposed to be good.

Here's a somewhat useful chart, though it makes sense to check actual calories before dancing into the sunset, cocktail in hand:
    http://www.davidstuff.com/wine/calories.htm
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm flavoured vodka and soda these days! Raspberry and blueberry usually! Sometimes add lime or a splash of cranberry! Drank 12 one night and still stayed under my calorie goal! :embarassed:
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mike's light hard lemonade: 110cals
  • Angiestrong
    Options
    I'm a wine lover myself, so for wines I would definitely say go with a Riesling wine. Most are under 100 cals for a 4oz glass. For liquor, Ciroc is my fav!!! Mix with Ocean Spray cran-cherry (about 130 cals for a cup, but you won't need that much..), you got yourself a nice relaxing drink!!!!!
  • sredick
    Options
    They had someone on Live! with Kelly this morning talking about this, she said the color of the drinks do not matter. I remember they said the average margarita has like 700 calories but a glass of wine is only around 120... Whoever said stay away from wine is wrong. Plus red wine is good for your overall health! It's good for reducing stress, it reduces coronary disease & the Polyphenols in wine are excellent antioxidants, they lower total cholesterol and blood pressure, lessen risks of cancer, stimulate the immune system, and have anti-bacterial properties.

Sooo... have a glass of wine!!

2561689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • edale214
    Options
    1.5 shot of tequila, juice of one lime and water/soda water. Fantastic and less than 100 cals. Some people add Splenda.

If that's too much work, go with vodka soda. Soda water has 0 cals.
  • wickednitsch
    wickednitsch Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I'm out I order Vodka and water. After recovering from the strange looks I put half a packet of Crystal Lite to go in my glass. I like the white grape flavor. If it's going to be a long night I put in the Strawberry/Energy flavor. It's like my "skinny" Redbull & Vodka.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream vodka with water, Ciroc peach vodka on ice or Ciroc Redberry with a splash of cranberry juice, or if I'm in a beer mood Michelobe Ultra.
  • babebabeba
    Options
    Molson 67 is my go-to summer beer... And for drinks, a little brandy in a big snifter is nice to sip. I don't like diet pop, there are too many chemicals for me to want to drink it regularly - so when I want a fizzy drink, I tend to mix a bit of pure juice (like pomegranate or cherry, sometimes cranberry) with club soda. Any of those three go well with vodka or gin, if you're interested!