Best alcoholic beverage to manage calories?

Options

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Scotch.
  • teejayray
    Options
    couple of things for me..if I'm out at the bar michelob ultra is a great beer, low calories and carbs but good alcohol %. At home I go with 2oz vodka, half diet rockstar and a splash of diet carnberry (around 150 calories per drink) Here is a great website that will help you find your own fav's http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    The answer for me is abstain from alcoholic drinks.

I drink water when I'm out. I rarely drink alcohol because its way to sweet. But if I do I go for a light beer.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Clear alcohol, like rum, gin or vodka with a diet soda or something.. is what is recommended. If I open a bottle of wine, I'm gonna drink the whole thing, plus beer and wine have more sugars in them.

But Sunday is football day... I'm going to drink light beer (after a good morning workout so I'll have drinking calories to burn), and if we win, I'm gonna have a shot of tequila (might need one if we lose too!)
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Unfortunately that crap michelob ultra is like 95 calories, but it's like the bottom of a boat, close to water.

I just manage the amount of Yuenglings I drink. I love the fact though that the majority of local establishments have it listed as an import, even though it's made in PA. Sorry, just venting.

I'd say just do shots of 151, it's approx. 180 calories, but c'mon, how many are you really going to do before you get sloshed? lol
  • pgpeacock
    Options
    i was wondering about dark liqour ? thats what i drink if not beer and im trying to stay away from beer because of calories.. does any one know about the calorious for dark liqour?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I do either captain and diet coke or jack and diet coke. both under 70 calories.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I do either Diet Tonic and Gin with Lime or a Coors Light.

I love many others, but these are my low-cal drinks. :tongue:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Straight shots (rum is my fav.) with chasers of diet soda. Less calories that way, and does the job quicker so no need to drink as much. Hey, works for me at least.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Light budweiser has 50 calories
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I heard a fitness expert mention that clear liquids like vodka & sugar free sprite gin & tonics w/ lime are ok in moderation. I still need to have my red wine just in moderation :)
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Tequila is low in calories with approximately 50-65 calories an ounce. I've heard of people mixing it with a flavoured crystal light, water and a splash of lime juice.

My go to drink is vodka, fresh lime and club soda. It has 75 calories in one drink (1 oz of vodka).
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    tequilla is 69 calories per 1oz.
    red wine (if you get the right one) is about 130cals per 4oz.

those are my go-to drinks.
    ___
    Skinny Margarita (not super sweet, i dont like them tasting like candy)

makes 1 serving

1 oz. Jose Cuervo gold (69 cals)
    2 packets Splenda or other artificial sweetener (0 cals)
    2 oz. Lemon Juice (or 1oz lemon, 1oz lime) (0 cals i think)
    5 oz. water

Mix well and serve over ice.
  • lisasmith1968
    lisasmith1968 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    mmmm yes very good!!!
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    i LOVE a flavored clear vodka (absolut mandarin is my FAVORITE) with club soda and a lime! MMM! You guys are making me want vodka!

when I am home, I normally drink wine...
  • NikkiConroy
    Options
    One of the trainers at my gym drinks "ANOREXICS"
    Raspberry Stoli Vodka
    Diet ginger ale or diet 7 Up
    raspberry crystal light to taste. over ice these are very very good!
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    vodka or gin with diet tonic :drinker:
    agreed...or rum and diet coke...use a good rum or you WILL wake up with the brown bottle flu if you overdo it...
  • jillynbrad2006
    Options
    I agree with what someone posted above, vodka with diet tonic water and a lime! It's super low calories. For beer I've always drank Michelob Ultra while I was trying to lose weight. (However, obviously you can't drink too many, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose :wink: )
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Long vodka's - vodka, angastoura bitters, little bit of lime cordial and diet lemonade, or just plain vodka and diet lemonade :)