Drinking W| The Boyfriend Tonight - Help?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself. One night out isn't going to matter a hill of beans. Just let loose (within reason) and have a good time. :)
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Drinking is for losers. Be straight edge.
  • quandtnic13
    quandtnic13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I was Oprah, vodka would be one of my favorite things! :)
    Always Grey Goose if you can afford it (otherwise Smirnoff is fine--I don't go any lower though), if you're watching sodium, no tonic. Go with club soda--0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sodium, 0 fat. It sounds like you might your drinks a little on the sweet side? I swear by cutie oranges. A slice or two squeezed into your drink, and you'll barely taste the vodka. If you really can't stomache the soda water, then those crystal light packets that you add to your water also work quite well!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I prefer Ketle vodka and club with a wedge of lemon or Lime.
  • switch11
    Options
    Sooo.. I was kind of thinking Dr. Pepper 10.

This. No questions asked, hahah.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    i usually get vanilla vodka and soda with fresh lime, else vanilla vodka, amaretto and fresh lime shaken as a martini, or vanilla vodka and lychee shaken as a martini! YUM

Wow! These sound great! I don't drink anymore, but vanilla vodka with lime sounds amazing. I'd be tempted to try that!
  • JustGresh
    Options
    Vodka and a diet soda? I guess i'm not much help. Sorry. :laugh:

I have been soda free for a week. But I just can't not have a chaser, I'll blow chunks. Bahaha. Being honest, sorry.
    Sooo.. I was kind of thinking Dr. Pepper 10. Anyone have any opinions on that choice?

Dr. Pepper 10 is NOT for women! Haha. Jokes aside, try a Screwdriver (Vodka + OJ) and I saw you said you've been soda free but if you mix Sprite into that it's great! But a little Vodka and a lot of OJ isn't a bad choice.
  • lahdeedah
    Options
    I like to pair up a flavored vodka with a flavored water... no extra calories from mix and your rehydrating, so no hangover! Congrats on your anniversary.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ok I haven't read all of the previous posts so I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, but my new favorite drink is this brand new low-calorie vodka called Voli light vodka. It has half the calories of regular vodka, only 72 calories for 1.5 ounces! And it's pretty good quality because it doesn't have that nasty rubbing alcohol taste. I actually usually mix it with water and a flavored drink packet like Crystal Light, or lately I've been using the liquid water flavoring stuff called Mio. Here's a link to the vodka website, and it has a ton of recipes for low-cal mixed drinks to make with it: http://www.volispirits.com/ Hope this helps!! I've really fallen in love with the stuff cause I can relax and have a few drink without the guilt!

A friend of mine was a sales rep for the company that distributes Voli - it really is pretty good. It's half cal and it's infused with electrolytes. The alcohol content is a bit less, but that's not really a big deal to me. I like the citron Voli with club soda and a lemon wedge.
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Work out so you have the extra calories

Whipped cream vodka and ginger ale.... Taste like cream soda. Maybe there is diet ginger ale, I'm not sure

Soooo good

Or Whipped Cream Vodka and orange soda (diet is good too)....tastes like a 50/50 bar. So good.
    And working out today too makes good sense.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    you should follow your heart.