Any bikers here? VROOM VROOM!!!!

Options

Replies

• jasonr1442
    jasonr1442 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I work at a Harley-Davidson dealership!! Good times!
  • Harley60
    Options
    I'm a rider and love it. I got my license in 2005. I passed my full M license a year ago last October. I ride a Harley, Dyna. It's been a long winter. Looking forward to warmer weather to get back out. I'm from Ontario Canada. We have had a very mild winter actually. Still too cold to ride. I won't ride till the rain has a chance to rinse all the salt off the roads.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have a 2007 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster (low rider). DH has a 2004 (I think) Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. I've ridden his and it rides like a CADILLAC compared to mine. One of these days I'm going to bump up to a Softail Deluxe. :love:

When I got my bike it only had 13 miles on it. I'm over 20,000 now...would be more if I didn't live in Wisconsin!

Oh YEA! My last bike was a 1200 Sportster that had been lowered. An awesome bike, but beat the H#$L out of me on long trips. The Softtail is a cadillac, have ridden up to 10 hrs a day for 3 days and was only sore in the my shoulders from fighting a cross wind all 3 days. Outstanding bike for a woman in my humble opinion.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    whats a motorcycle?
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Been riding for 4 years, since i was 16. No family member has ever owned a motorcycle. Neither family friends, neighbours or anyone in the near vicinity. I decided i'll drive a motorcycle when i was 4 years old (have the proof on a old VCR tape lol). I am currently driving Hyosung GT Comet 125. Which sucks, but it's ok for a first bike. There wasn't much choice. Hyosung , a chopper (don't get me wrong, i would love to own a chopper, however a chopper that looks tiny and has only 125 ccm seems repulsive to me for some strange reason. it reminds me of a children's toy) or a sports bike (not so fond of those... specially when they are tiny and have only 125 ccm ugh) and it was relatively cheap so i took it. Now i have to wait for 1 more year so i'm old enough to get the driver's licence. But this time with no power limitation on the bike. Thanks god.

On that thought.. I don't know about you guys in other countries but here in Slovenia to get a motorcycle driving licence you have to either suck it up and wait untill you're 25 or you spend loads of money and time and do it every 2 years.

A1 - can start with driving when 16. after certain number of driving hours you can drive a bike with max 125 ccm and/or 22 kW.
    A2 - you MUST have the A1 driver's licence for at least 2 years (so if you got the A1 when you were 19, you must wait untill you're 21 to be able to start driving for the A2). After you pass you can drive a bike with max 35 kW.
    A - with this driver's licence you can ride any bike you want. no limitations on ccm or/and kW. However there are two options of how you can get it:
    option A: you already have A1 and A2 (again must have the A2 for at least 2 years) and must be 21 years old
    option B: wait untill you're 25 years old and pass.

So 1 more year of waiting and then i'll be finally able to buy something that i really really want. But then i've waited for this for 16 years already, so 1 more year pales in comparison.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Yes! There's a group too, search us out!

I've been riding street since 2000. I currently ride a black & yellow old-style Ducati Monster named Molly!

JM
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    whats a motorcycle?
    CBR. 2008?
  • YZRIDER21
    Options
    Hey hey....I ride/race a yz 450....
  • farlowi
    Options
    I love my motorcycles! How about you?

Yep. I'm on my fifth motorcycle which is my second Goldwing, a black 2010 ABS. Love it. My wife also rides and is on her fourth (I think) motorcycle, a Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider. Truth be told, however, it has gotten dusty since she discovered the back seat on the Goldwing. Multi-state trips on the weekend are something we both love. As a matter of fact, it's getting close to time to hit the BRP once again.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Honda Shadow 600. I grew up with a fear of bikes hammered into me. Hubby loves bikes, I always refused to ride with him because I was SO scared of them! A year and a half ago, I bit the bullet and took the safety class and was voted most improved student lol! I bought a Rebel 250 right after that, great learning bike! Last spring I bought my Shadow.

Around here, there's a loosely knit group of motorcycle enthusiasts that we hang out with sometimes. This past September, a ride to the coast was planned, and we decided to go on it. Up till then, I had maybe ridden about 500 miles total... This was a 250 mile ride through the coastal range mountains, an hour down the coast highway, then back through the mountains. It was AMAZING! Me, such a novice rider, riding with a group of 43 seasoned bikers... it was so much fun!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have an 04 Kawi Mean Streak. The green one in my ticker. This will be my 4th year riding, and there really is nothing quite like it!!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm a wannabe biker. Someday I will be able to get one!
  • Hevenn
    Hevenn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! Crossed over from a 03 KAWSAKI 900 TO A HARLEY SOFTAIL SPRINGER!!!!! :smile:
  • gameovergt
    Options
    harley nightster 1200n
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    <
    2009 HD Road King

I ride every chance I get - and this winter has been awesome in Pennsylvania! :happy:
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've got a Suzuki TL1000S.

One of my most embarrassing moments was watching a video of me riding over the mountain road on the Isle of Man. I was leading and my mate was following on his Blackbird with the camera mounted on the tank.

As we watched the video he was commenting on cornering lines, acceleration, lean angles etc. All I could think was "OMG, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MY *kitten*!!" :blushing:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    <
    Yamaha V-Star 650 Silverado
    Can't wait for better weather (I am a pansy because I just don't LIKE to be cold)
  • mmildice
    Options
    I just started riding by myself last year. I have riden on the back of bikes since i was little as well. LOVE THEM!!!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    1979 Honda XL250-S
    1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<2003 Yamaha Warrior 1700
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    2006 Ninja 650R! Love riding.