Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicki, I have did three work-outs outside so far this week and they have been great. They were all walks.

Bobbi, congrats on completing week 2. You go girl! :smile:

Thanks Amanda :flowerforyou:

Nicky, No spandex but this one is for you:wink:

2589_1111325497532_1058721274_30368209_4197144_n.jpg
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    See how happy you look in that pic, Bobbi! This challenge is good for us. Outside enjoying the fresh air!
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    This is easy for me I walk everyday outside rain or shine,snow or sleet . You know like the mail man:laugh: :laugh: Well everyone have a great week. :drinker: :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hi nwfamilygal! :flowerforyou:

I just decided that I am addicted to this site! :grumble:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Hi nwfamilygal! :flowerforyou:

I just decided that I am addicted to this site! :grumble:

It was decided for me....I'm addicted. :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    See how happy you look in that pic, Bobbi! This challenge is good for us. Outside enjoying the fresh air!

That was at the beginning of my run...LOL I feel so much happier. Maybe not after I start week 3:sad:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay Bobbi, I will drink to GOOD addictions! :drinker: (water, of course):smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO BOBBI -- Week 2 done for you.

I finished Week 1 yesterday, but it was painful. Will try to move on, but no promises..

Jeannie and Sam - you both are making me want to move to FL :laugh: :laugh:

nwfamilygal - outside everyday regardless of weather! - that is dedication - you go girl

Amanda - I am also addicted to this thread - my DH is getting worried..:noway: :noway:

Off to do more crunches - still way behind.. have a 60 minute swim planned for this afternoon. Should be a good day..

janie
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning MFP family! I know I've been MIA for the weekend but I get to see my real family and am loving every precious moment of it. One more week to go. It's lovely in central ohio this morning so I am taking the challenge and going for a nice long walk. Hope all is well with you.

Tata!

Lynnie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
    ... I ripped my foot open. So I'm a limping disaster. Somehow I will get exercise in anyway, not sure how but I'll figure it out.

Have a good day ladies.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
    ... I ripped my foot open. So I'm a limping disaster. Somehow I will get exercise in anyway, not sure how but I'll figure it out.

Have a good day ladies.

Oh, I am so sorry. Can you do exercises sitting down? I was surprised with doing arms and legs sitting that my HR got up the middle zone. Leg lifts on the floor......chest presses and such.

Hope you heal fast:flowerforyou: Jeanie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good morning MFP family! I know I've been MIA for the weekend but I get to see my real family and am loving every precious moment of it. One more week to go. It's lovely in central ohio this morning so I am taking the challenge and going for a nice long walk. Hope all is well with you.

Tata!

Lynnie

Have fun with your family!! And make them walk witcha!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend :bigsmile:

Amanda- Great pic! Your dogs are beautiful.

I'm doing pretty horrible on the challenge, at least the outside part of it anyway. Still getting awesome workouts, but this gross dreary weather is not making me want to be outside. Especially not when it's wet.

Started Week 2 of C25K yesterday. Somehow, the podcast for week 1 mysteriously disappeared from my iPod and I didn't know it until I got to the gym...so I just started Week 2 a day early. I'm really surprised at how much I enjoy it, considering that I was never a runner. I might even want to do the 5k run at Race For the Cure this fall. Yay me! (Not to mention the fact that I think adding this onto my regular workouts is what will help those last 3.4 pounds go away LOL)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey gang-- hubby's gone, and we had three basketball games yesterday-- by the time I had time to run last night, which I'd planned on, the body was so tired and run down that the headachy/flu tried to come back. So, I bagged it and went to bed. Good note, I got 8 hours of sleep. Can't remember last time that happened.

Kids have been so sick. I'm really worried about Abby, who celebrated her 7th birthday on Friday from her death-sofa-- she couldn't enjoy anything. Fever, chest cough, stomach ache-- you name it, she's got it. She looks like crap. Her fever is finally down, but she lost a lot of weight and still hasn't much appetite. I think her chest is beginning to clear. She's coughing a bunch and spitting out gunk. But, she's getting tired really easily, so I'm not letting her do anything.

Josh, 3, is still just sick enough to be a whiny pain in the rump....crying over everything. I don't have time for this, you know? Nine kids, and he's the only one of 'em who's been a miserable, cry every time I'm told no, or if I can't get my way kinda kid-- I'm ready to sell him at a reasonable price if anybody wants him. :wink: (need to put that wink in so somebody doesn't report me.)

But, I have a lighter typing load today, so I'm heading to work for a two hour session and then I'll have the afternoon free. I'll type tonight for two hours, then probably in the morning to meet the 10am deadline. I'll have some time to get on top of my disgusting abode. With all the kids sick, laundry and housecleaning have fallen by the wayside this week. It seems insurmountable right now, but I know in a couple hours we can have order restored. I probably won't yell too much along the way-- ha. It makes me so mad that kids can't seem to keep a house clean, no matter how much I holler. Go figure.

Have a good day-- determined to stay positive today, despite the glooms that are dying to seep in, nutwad that I've been lately. :noway:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey Marla, it sounds as if you have had your hands full, but I am sure it is a good handfull! :tongue:

I hope Abby feels better really soon and Josh too. Poor little kid, it is no fun being sick!

Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Shuntae, I was amazed that I liked the running too. Here's hoping it helps take the weight off. Thank you for you kind comments.

Marla,I don't know how you do it. I had a hard time with 2 sick. What are the ages of your children? If you don't mind me asking.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Shuntae, I was amazed that I liked the running too. Here's hoping it helps take the weight off. Thank you for you kind comments.

Marla,I don't know how you do it. I had a hard time with 2 sick. What are the ages of your children? If you don't mind me asking.

Not at all-- 18, 17, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 3, 15 mos. (is that nine-- did I miss anybody?)

100_5439.jpg

Here they all are-- guy in the middle is a friend-- hubby is in the back with me.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey Shuntae, the little frog is almost on top of it lily pad. You are almost there. You so rock, girl!:smile:

My dogs are beautiful I suppose, but they are the most mischevious things ever. The bigger one is a pound rescue, golden lab / chow and he is the most stubborn dog and a chicken killer. I have chickens so he has to be watched every waking second. The younger one is all golden lab and he is my baby. He is only six months old so we have a lot to learn but he is very smart. I took him to the chicken house the day we got him and fed him in the middle of the chickens. So far, he loves them all in a good way. :smile: The one redeeming both of these dogs have and this is big is that they are so good to Emilee. I have tried to teach her to be nice to them, and for no hand function she can't do much to them, but she falls down alot and more often than not they are there to pad her fall. They are be playing and she can stumble into the middle of them and playing stops and they just sit and look at her. It is amazing how they know that she is "special".

I have the house to myself except for the youngest and I think we will be giving the seizure med, Ativan, in a few minutes if she doesn't "behave" herself in a few minutes. I think that these darn things have stopped and she resumes playing only to be hit again. I HATE WHAT THEY DO TO HER!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Marla that is a wonderful pic and for a minute I thought you were one of the older kids. You look great! :smile:
  • jimswmn
    Options

Not at all-- 18, 17, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 3, 15 mos. (is that nine-- did I miss anybody?)

100_5439.jpg

Here they all are-- guy in the middle is a friend-- hubby is in the back with me.

Wow...What a great looking family! I still don't know how you do it.:flowerforyou: