I almost ate pizza!!! :(

Options

Replies

• KylieBarstow
    Options
    I know others have probably already said this. But you can't deprive yourself like that all the time because you will go insane and you shouldn't look at it as "giving up on something" because you're not.
    I'd just like to say I've lost 18 pounds in 2 and half months not by depriving myself, but having control over myself. I have had pizza probably 4 or 5 times in the past 2 and half months. In fact I just had two slices tonight (I blame the craving on football lol).
    But seriously. Give in once in a while, it's good for the mind and soul to indulge. It's just one meal of one day, it's not going to make you gain 5 pounds.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options

because when people try cutting a food 100% out of their lives, they usually end up going off the deep end after a while.

There is nothing wrong with having pizza or cookies or soda or whatever other garbage you may want every once in a while. I know some people are pretty gung-ho about clean eating and thats fine, but to act like having a couple slices of pizza is the devil and will ruin weight loss is absurd.

i had pizza for lunch and i'm about to have pizza for dinner...NOM NOM NOM.

It has nothing to do with clean eating. some people, can't stop with just one of their trigger foods, so encouraging them to have it once in a while, when they know full well if they eat one, they won't stop there, is just plain cruel. Congrats on your ability to stop at just one. But we aren't all created the same and not everyone can do that. Get back to me when you've lost 100 pounds and kept it off.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options

because when people try cutting a food 100% out of their lives, they usually end up going off the deep end after a while.

There is nothing wrong with having pizza or cookies or soda or whatever other garbage you may want every once in a while. I know some people are pretty gung-ho about clean eating and thats fine, but to act like having a couple slices of pizza is the devil and will ruin weight loss is absurd.

It has nothing to do with clean eating. some people, can't stop with just one of their trigger foods, so encouraging them to have it once in a while, when they know full well if they eat one, they won't stop there, is just plain cruel. Congrats on your ability to stop at just one. But we aren't all created the same and not everyone can do that. Get back to me when you've lost 100 pounds and kept it off.

Does 85 count? Loved my pizza for dinner tonight!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

well then those people don't have a healthy relationship with food and need to take a look at why they can't stop at one or two slices. You can't go through life living like that, it's unhealthy.

i don't have 100lbs to lose..do you want me to starve myself so i can get back to you? lol...
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't entirely bad as long as you remember that one slice is considered (usually) a balanced meal in itself so you have to make sure you don't over do it there. I had pizza and happily found myself feeling sick when I tried to eat more than a meals worth because of the taste. haha! at least he didn't put the whole box in front of you!
  • tamaradarlene
    tamaradarlene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree, sometimes loved ones want you to be happy and eat what you want. They need to realize what you want is to eat healthy, lose weight, and NOT be tempted
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    One slice isn't bad just don't eat the whole pie
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    The thing I have learned this time around is to not completely eliminate things, only the amount you eat. I did have pizza last night, but i had very little. Unlike back in the summer I would have eaten half the pizza.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Why not eat one slice plus a side salad? Losing weight doesn't have to be about deprivation.

this.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Shoulda ate the pizza and took a walk afterwards. Eating pizza isn't going to be the death of you.

Great will power none the less.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I ate a WHOLE pizza today... Who cares if it was a flatout pizza with all kinds of yummy vegetables :)
  • alicerunnergirl
    Options
    We all admire your willpower!!! Your jeans will thank you when they seamlessly glide on tomorrow morning and you will be so much happier than the pizza would have made you!! :)
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Pizza is probably the food I miss most since moving towards the primal blueprint lifestyle (which includes no wheat/gluten or grains).

Now that I've been gluten free for a few months, it's getting easier to resist the temptation (especially since eating this type of food now makes me feel sick to my stomach).
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    WHAT A GREAT JOB!!! Actions like this are what will give you results!

I can't believe people are telling you to eat pizza! That cracks me up! This is a lifestyle change. You are doing great.

To all who told her to eat pizza as a reward....she said she is trying to NOT eat cheese and bread for awhile. I'm sure she does treat herself every now and then, but this cracks me up. You cant always eat what you want.

Abs are made in the kitchen...eating clean foods....

I agree! U should be getting nothing but KUDDOS! Thanks for posting how u overcame that challenge. Maybe I will remember how u talked urself out of it the next time I'm faced with a similar challenge! Great job!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Does 85 count? Loved my pizza for dinner tonight!

No, we don't count. Come on -- you just *know* that we're going to go to bed tonight after having that pizza for dinner (or, in my case, that burger from Outback) and will wake up with all that weight back on us.

/sarcasm

But seriously...if someone has an issue with controlling how much food they're shoveling in at one sitting, then they have a bigger problem than a slice of pizza. Sounds like an addictive personality to me, and perhaps the OP should seek out professional help rather than the advice of "armchair nutritionists."

Just my two cents...
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Dang it, I cant figure out how to reply attached to a quote! Ugh!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    DOn't you hate when boyfriends do that? I agree with some of the other posts. A piece of pizza here and there won't kill your diet. Remember to be successful you need to make a lifestyle change. Avoiding pizza for the rest of your life may be hard. Learn what you need to do when you do eat pizza because it is a temptation that is surely to appear again! :)

good luck!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the memo? Is pizza poison? I eat pizza almost every week...in moderation!
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    Does he not support you in your weightloss journey ??? I don't think it is very respectful that he offers up a slice of greasy pizza ! Maybe I am wrong.....but good for you being strong and saying no to the greasy stuff !
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't see nothing wrong with a slice from time to time. Grant it, I wouldn't make pizza, oily/fried foods or other "bad" foods part of my daily diet. Some folks on here over-do it on what to eat, what not to eat, blah blah blah.

I'm all for healthy eating, but I believe controlling portions and moderation are much more important factors than eliminating certain foods all together, especially if they are foods you actually enjoy. Unless you're NEVER going to pick up another slice, then indulge from time to time and just kick butt in the gym or hit the pavement and run. I don't care what people say, I'm gonna eat a slice (a wing, a scoop of ice cream) when I want. If I choose not to work it off, then I can't complain if the numbers on the scale increase.

DISCLAIMER: The previously comments are not intended to insult, offend or dismiss the views of others.

Seriously folks, I keep my diet in check for 7 days no matter what I eat, that includes pizza, hotwings, ice cream and I still burn cals, lose weight/inches.