40 something ladies - come and join me please

Options

Replies

• MikesMuffin
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 and live in Manchester UK. Looking forward to losing the weight - I need to lose 68lbs though am a little concerned about loose skin at my age :( Well, better loose skin than fat I guess lol. :D
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 this month. I refuse to do granny shops as long as I feel this good. I'm getting a bikini this summer and I'm going as Catwoman to a party in November. I'm trying to lose another 20 lbs and I love the clothes I can get into right now. I have 3 kids and 2 grandchildren and I have more energy than any of them :smile: They all gave up running with me, except my grandkids. They can't wait for me to take them to their next kiddy run (in February). My 17 year refuses to even try to keep up with me. I'm working on my first half marathon on March 25th and eventually a marathon ( I hate how much those things cost). The furthest I've run is 17 miles one day last summer. Yesterday, I ran 13 :smile: I average 30-45 miles a week running. I'm the oldest one in my running club. We have 28 members. My fastest 5K was 29:48 and I got a first place trophy. My new goal is to run it in under 25 minutes. I want to do that by April. For anybody that needs any incentive... I didn't know I could feel this good. I lost 114 lbs in a little over a year. Try to find something you love to do for a minimum of 60 minutes a day... walking, running, biking, whatever. Just get out and do it! You'll be surprised at how much better you feel and how much energy you have! I've been sitting here reading and my body is driving me nuts. I wanted to give myself a break from the running today. It's in the 20's outside and I did run 13 miles yesterday.... but my body is screaming at me... So it's time to get some warm running clothes on and hit the road. Catch you later.
  • amyrllin
    Options
    I am 45, soon to be 46 and would love some friends so feel free to add me. I have 2 kids ages 20,22 and a 90lb golden retriever who thinks she is a lap dog! I am also married. I live in Ontario Canada and I am new to the boards, any help, motivation and advice would be awesome!
  • nolady2012
    Options
    I just turned 42. I need to lose like 50 lbs, preferably 75. I'm in! I need some serious encouragement!!!! It is so easy when you get to a " certain" age to give up on physical fitness goals, but that thought is depressing.
  • goofypup
    Options
    I just turned 49 this year and have a long term goal of 75lbs. I will do it. It's great to have others on the same journey to share with. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I'm starting my lifestyle change. So...time to get out of this chair and get some housework done! LOL
  • kerrywaiting
    Options
    Anyone live in Portsmouth want to team up and go walking, exercise together?
  • TraToy
    TraToy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello 40 sumthin' MFP Fam! I just joined last week and would luv to meet new friends so we can help motivate each other as well as hold one another accountable! :wink: I have about 30lbs to drop & I am ready to make it happen! Feel free 2 add me as a friend...looking 4ward to meeting U!!!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and happy for anyone to add me! I've been on here a while, but I'm approaching deadline now (50 in July!) so I'm very determined!
    Lindsay
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 this year. Yikes. :)
  • ccflannagan
    ccflannagan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just turned 44 and feeling frumpy. Need to lose at least 70lbs. :)
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 in April.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 - and just got back to my college weight!!!!!!!! Now working on building muscle. I'm definitely in, along with my goal to do real pushups before my 50th!!
  • ginagina43
    Options
    I am 44. Please count me in. I need all the help and support I can get.
  • Bootcamper5
    Bootcamper5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm 43 and have been 2-3 stone overweight for probably about 13 years. Sometimes feel that's just the way it is, other times cannot accept myself at this size!! Am now going to try this app - the Biggest Loser one says "the more you use the more you lose" (entering food etc) so going to be honest and enter everything!!! I guess having buddies along the way will help....
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    46 here too! I am in.
  • cooktom
    Options
    I'm 48 and need a change. I would love to lose 60 lbs. I started a plan 1 and a half weeks ago. I have lost 4 lbs. I hope I can stick to this and lose the weight
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :flowerforyou:

I'm Chellie from Ireland turned 40 last Aug :bigsmile: I'm in :drinker:

Sending FR to all :heart:
  • sammibob
    Options
    I'm 42, from Yorkshire England and have about 90lbs to shift :'( Feel free to add me anyone. I joined this new year and I log on every day and try to support all my new mfp friends x
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Just turned 40 this summer :)
  • Bootcamper5
    Bootcamper5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!! I'm 43 and have about 40 lbs to shift...