40 something ladies - come and join me please

Options

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last March. Suddenly can't eat just whatever I want and stay thin :angry: Feel free to add me!
  • briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    Count me in! I am 43, will be 44 this summer. I LOVE being a Granny (have a 2yo granddaughter whom I absolutely ADORE), but I want to be a HOT, SEXY Granny, not a fat, frumpy one... I want to be able to play and run with her and have fun, not be the granny who has to sit on the sidelines because I am too fat and out of breath to do anything....

Wishing us all the BEST!!!
  • Debbpoole
    Options
    Í"m up for the challenge.
  • briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    So is there a "Granny" group or are we just posting here?
  • Yinkin
    Yinkin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I just started up again today and really want to suceed this time. I fail often at dieting and I think it's the lack of people to talk to about it that does it. Also not much of a challenge when no one is around to kick me when I need it.

I'm 42 this year so count me in and feel free to add me.

17500.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • IamSketchy
    Options
    I'm 41, and I'm new to this. I'd love to join you ladies!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm in. I turned 40 in October last year after losing about 50lbs!. I now have about 15-20 to go. I can relate to the granny shop thing, when I was heavier I used to try and look nice but never really liked the clothes I could buy. It's great to be able to shop in 'regular' shops, although I still sometimes try on an extra large and it's too tight!! I'm a 12/14 UK size... that is NOT extra large!!!

p.s. Feel free to add me, I'm new on here :)
  • wandanorris
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43. And yes I,m in. Got 70+lbs tp lose. :)
  • Daisy_Chick
    Daisy_Chick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just turned 41 last friday and I've got about 4 stone to lose (ouch!). Fed up being 40 and frumpy, I want to be 40 and fabulous!!!

Loving the idea of this group! Are we going to start a group or just post on this thread??
  • maryannbartiromo
    maryannbartiromo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    46!!! lets do this girls! we got age on our side which means...WISDOM!!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Absolutely include me. I am 49 going on 50 in June. Need to drop some major weight.
  • sstueber
    Options
    Hi how do you get on the message boards i am 56 yrs
  • AbbeyGirls
    AbbeyGirls Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    41 two days ago. I don't feel forty +, but I am. Count me in and feel free anyone to add me. Still fairly new to the site and boards and could use some friends and support.
  • cdunlap1101
    cdunlap1101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm 41 and finally feeling motivated to do something about the extra 50 pounds that I have put on in the last 3 years since my divorce. It's time to turn things around!
  • lovelore1
    lovelore1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! I believe I found the right group of ladies :-). I'm 48 years old (will be 49 in April) and need to get rid of what I like to call my "depression" weight. Gained it over the last few years as life got frightening. Now that things are straightening out and calming down again I really am focusing on my health. I've recently gotten back into cycling (after a 23 year hiatus from a major biking accident). Been loving it and have been looking for a way to track everything I do to keep me on task. The kids are grown and moved away so now its all about me! :-) I hail from Tucson, Arizona so the weather is great most of the time.

I just created my account today so I'm brand new to this site and these tools. Hope to find and be great motivation for everyone.
  • Joannedwd1
    Options
    Hi there, just joined last week. 42 next month and living in New Zealand. I have a long road ahead to get to my goal weight of 11 stone!! Looking forward to getting some motivation from all you ladies on this journey :smile:
  • ngoethe
    ngoethe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, count me in! Feel free to add me as well, I need all the help I can get. I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs. and it's proving to be harder than I thought. My brain seems to think I'm still in my 20's, but my body just won't cooperate...LOL!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I will be 44 next week, but inside I still feel like I did in my twenties.

Shame I don't still look like it!

Need to drop 50+ lbs.

1lb a week will get me there by this time net year - I WILL have a fab 45th Birthday party :)
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    I'm in! I turn 40 in March and keep hearing stories about how it gets harder after 40.

Originally from Seattle living in the UK (near Ascot). I am new and need friends!
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45, and determined this is going to be the year I reach goal-weight.

Happy for anyone to add me - is there a group?