Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    All sent FR nice to meet you all :bigsmile:
  • dino_girl
    dino_girl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old and have been on MyFitnessPal for 2 weeks and going strong! I had a girlfriend die last year from obesity-related heart disease and diabetes and that really affected me. Time to get this weight off for good!

frenchkm, sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure that is part of your incentive for being here. Good luck!
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months shy of 44 (ouch, that hurt to type that lol!), I would like to lose 7lb by March 28th as I'm going to visit my husband on the 29th for 18 days and I just know we'll be eating and drinking loads so I need to drop a few in preparation. :-)
    Anyone in the CM6 area that would like to buddy up for exercise or just for encouragement?
  • bnbutterfly
    bnbutterfly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 49 with almost a year to go before turning 50. I'm determined to hit 50 being fit and fabulous!!

I'm interested in knowing what diets are working for most of you 40+ people. I'm currently following a low carb diet. Also, what does "bump" mean? :smile:
  • U002324
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - I am 40 soon to be 41 this year.
  • bearwithme041
    Options
    soon to be 43 ....Can I join :)

I'm 229 , my goal is 150...right now I would be happy if I could just get under that 200 :grumble: feel free to add me

6261264.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am turning 41 on Feb. 7th. The 40s is the new 20s. Aleast in my case. I want to become fit and healthy. I'm a married mom to 4. Half of the week I am a single mom as my hubby is a trucker and is gone. Looking for more fitness pals to sail this ship with me. I am sure it won't always be a smooth ride. There will be alot of things rocking the boat.
    Tammy
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi bump means that you have just replied to move the thread closer to the top of the list - because as new threads are added, yours can slip to the bottom if it is not active.

As for diet - I am a strict vegetarian and also do not eat eggs, dairy. But unfortunately have a sweet tooth and love wine a little too much. All I have been doing is eating more of what I know is good for me and less of what I know is bad for me.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 40 club (43 and def not shopping in the grannyshops no time soon). Feel free to ADD ME!
  • Purplefox41
    Options
    Hi

Im 41 and no granny shopping for me for a long time to come but love to join this.

Jacqueline x
  • tlwinky
    tlwinky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and, although I have been on MFP for a while, this is the first time I am using all that it has to offer.... including finding some super motivation through friendships.

Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • DeltaDiva5
    Options
    Ayyeeee!!! I just turned 41! So definitely count me in. I need the motivation.
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    Just turned 42 on Tuesday, ready to lose the weight and get in shape, tired of feeling tired and frumpy all the time hate clothes shopping with the way I look
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like!!:happy:
  • bresd
    bresd Posts: 1
    Options
  • SadieHQ
    SadieHQ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Would you let a "youngster" sneak in? I turn 39 in March :) I have about 1/3 of myself to get rid of (currently 227 pounds and would like to see 175 before the end of the year)

I am married (he's also in the same boat!) and we have a new baby boy (1 year old now) and him and the dog are the only skinny people in the house. My husband and I want to change that.
  • bearwithme041
    Options
    Bump....I had been wondering what that ment:smile:

6261264.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Toolse:
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    46 and love MFP. Feel free to add.
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lot's of people are relating to the "granny shop" thing. I always feel too old for the trendy shops but too young for the older women's shops. If I was smaller I could mix and match better and create my own look from trendier shops without looking like the oldest swinger in town!

There's nothing worse than going to Marks and Spencer or Wallis and picking something up that fits you whilst thinking (trying to kid yourself) "Mmmm that's nice" (even though you KNOW it's gross and you don't really want to wear it but have no choice because nothing else fits you). Then you look around some 85 year old lady is eyeing up the same garment! I haven't got anything against 85 year old ladies mind you, I just don't want to dress like one......:bigsmile:
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 in August. I joined mfp last November and have lost 10 lbs so far, and plan to lose another 30 or so. Feel free to add me. :smile: