40 something ladies - come and join me please

Options

Replies

• wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    workin my way to bein 40 (41 in May) fit n fabulous... and WHY do clothiers think just because we're past 40 we don't wanna wear cute clothes!!!??? no floral print and elastic waistbands for me, thank u very much!
  • tami1373
    tami1373 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just turned 39 and could sure use the support.
  • myladies3
    myladies3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old and have been on MyFitnessPal for 2 weeks and going strong! I had a girlfriend die last year from obesity-related heart disease and diabetes and that really affected me. Time to get this weight off for good!

So sorry to hear of your friend.... it is an eye opener. Good luck to you!!
  • 123kermie
    Options
    :smile: I'm 45 would love to join.......
  • rawcash2012
    Options
    I'm in! For that matter, anybody who wants to add me, please do- I'm looking for MFP buddies to give and receive support. :smile:
  • helen204
    Options
    I feel the same way - I get discouraged so easily & tell myself daily - this is it - I'm going to do this...I need help
  • lovelore1
    lovelore1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    workin my way to bein 40 (41 in May) fit n fabulous... and WHY do clothiers think just because we're past 40 we don't wanna wear cute clothes!!!??? no floral print and elastic waistbands for me, thank u very much!

LOL - I couldn't agree with you more! They don't have a clue about what we like and want.
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    Don't remember who I'm quoting from the thread but please count me in. Gonna be 43 in a few months and I can totally relate to "depression weight" and would rather dress like a sexy "swinger" than a frumpy Granny and wanna cry every time I go shopping and nothing fits me.
  • grandmawantstolose
    grandmawantstolose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have LOTS to lose!! I am in! Feel free to friend me as well!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! I am 40 and definitely going to reach my goals this year! Would love to do it together :)
  • Ellejay40
    Options
    Me too Please!

I was 41 3 weeks ago.
    Single mom of two boys and living in elasticated trousers and big jumpers in the West Mids :0)
    Need to lose at least 42lbs.
    Would love to join you and do it together. x
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Giving this a bump and all the above I added :drinker: took a while LOL :laugh:

Anyone that wants to send me a FR from here on please do just mention 40 + :bigsmile:
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in May...oh my, I just read what I wrote!!! ahhhhh....definitely could use friends for support and encouragement...I'll offer the same in return....add me!!

14339295.png
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hello there, I am 43 and want to feel younger than 43 again soon hehe :) I am in
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 41, count me in! add me as buddy if you like:flowerforyou:
  • luvmydoggies
    luvmydoggies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    just turned 42 last week....count me in and feel free to add me need all the support i can get
  • Detje71
    Options
    turned 40 last summer... count me in! feel free to add me or send messages
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I've started the group - please feel free to post on there and start new topics if you like. The more the merrier. Go to the Community tab, click on Groups, then look for "Fabulous 40 something ladies!". See you there :love:
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello, please feel free to add me as a friend. Also please join the group "Fabulous 40 something ladies!" Go to Community, click on Groups and if you can't see it there, then enter the group name in the search bar et voila!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bump

Hi, I'm 49 and not looking forward to May...
    I have no expectation of being a granny for a wee while, but certainly do not intend to look or act like one.
    I have been doing MFP for about a year but am only just getting into the support network, which I am finding great. Feel free to add me, and I'm off to try to find the group.
    Best of luck etc all