Husband left me because of weight. NEW motivation.

Options

Replies

• kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You're right, he WILL feel/look like a fool! Cuz you WILL lose weight, it's only a matter of time and willpower! He obviously has some issues he needs to work out in himself cuz he was LOOKING for a reason, any reason, to cheat I think. In my opinion it would've happened sooner or later, regardless of your weight. This may be a blessing in disguise for you and you may have just dodged a bullet w/this guy! I have quite a few women friends whose spouses have blamed them for cheating and the reasons for cheating are ALL over the board. Keep you're chin up and truly come to KNOW you deserve to love and be loved UNCONDITIONALLY, in return! :)
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight and mail him a picture of your new sexier body. Let your hating ex make you stronger and more determined to do this for YOU. Cause it sure sounds like you are off better than you were with him. Anyone who can treat you so poorly doesn't deserve you.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    what a d-bag! You are gorgeous hun you remind me of a pin up girl from the '40s. I have a similar motivation to yours, I too want to lose a ton of weight and bump into my ex and see his eyes pop out! You can do it! :drinker:
  • sebbysmommy
    sebbysmommy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As a fellow military wife..WHAT A ****ING JERK. First of all, he moved you to the other side of the WORLD, and didn't expect you to gain weight? You have no friends, are in a foreign country, and on top of that you're life is extremely stressful. It's not like the other wives are "friendly" either. lol. Everyone gains weight when you get married, it's a level of comfort!

You're doing great, and if you need any support feel free to add me. I gained about 60 pounds when I got married, and I'm on the journey to losing it. This website is helping me a lot! So chin up girl, he's a douche anyways.
    Another military wife here and I agree 100%. I gained 50lbs since marrying my husband (had 5 of his children) and he still tries to jump my bones constantly. I know I am not as attractive as I was way back when but he never lets on and is supportive of my healthier lifestyle now. Feel free to add me if you like I have kissed my share of toads along the way to finding the right man!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Take your ex-spouse's weight....

..... and THAT'S how much "ugly fat" you've lost!!

My first spouse was a jerk, too. I dumped him to the curb - 300lbs of ugly fat gone!! - and now I'm in a much better place in my life!!
  • tiffani79
    tiffani79 Posts: 13
    Options
    Girl, I would've burned some calories kickin his *kitten*! Grrr! That pisses me off... I wish you all the best and all the happiness you deserve. His loss and your gain!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There are no words. I'm deeply sorry this happened to you.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry you are going through this. You have made AWESOME progress though! You have done so well for yourself and winning a Wii and Just Dance 3 is awesome! I have Just Dance 2 and I love it! I might dig it out and play later lol. Keep it up. He will feel stupid when he sees you all thin and fit at his sister's wedding in September. he will regret leaving you, but it will be too late! Hopefully you find someone who loves you for who you are on the inside. God Bless!
  • EversBeautiful
    Options
    I had an ex husband who was the opposite he wanted me to gain weight! I refused and he started cheating on me, I left him I wasn't going to risk my health to please him. Long story short he got kicked out because of his weight.
  • Deutsche1999
    Options
    Girl... be glad to be rid of him ... he is no good for you and your self esteem. When somebody loves you they don't bring you down, they lift you up, encourage all that you do and if you fail they applaud your effort. He is not worth your breath and congrats on your accomplishments. Please do me a favor .. lose this weight for you and your health, not to get back at him in September
    KEEP DOING GREAT
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What the hell that's so wrong! Don't worry though Karma is going to be quite the ***** when she catches up to him!

I've never been married but I was at my friends house two days after she had TWINS and helping out her out with the babies and her ex-husband was sitting there glaring at us and she kinda gave him a look and he out right said,

"so it's been two days since you had the kids why aren't you hitting the gym and losing that fat *kitten* of yours?"

My jaw dropped and and could totally see how devestated she was.

Some guys I swear!!!
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You've already beat him by signing up to MFP and focussing on you and your health.
    That idiot doesn't deserve to occupy any more of your thoughts but hey, seeing his face when you unleash your inner athletic goddess will be one heck of a Non-Scale Victory!!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Honey, he didn't leave you because of your weight. He left because he's an un-supportive *kitten* who doesn't know the meaning of commitment. Feel sorry for him - he'll NEVER be happy
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Good riddance to that one. In my experience, a man who cheats will always cheat, and he will usually think up a reason why it's his gf's/wife's fault. A man who cheats sure doesn't care about his marriage vows. If he did, he'd at least stay faithful until the papers were filed, if not until the ink is dry on the last divorce paper.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My husband left me in December because of my weight. When we married I was 200 lbs, and when I moved to Korea (we were stationed there) I was 240. He became disgusted with my weight. Fair enough. I understand to an extent. I joined here and lost 20 lbs (and was doing GREAT) but he generally started to become unsupportive. Would tell me he didn't see any changes. Blah blah blah.

We moved back to the US in December and he told me he wanted me to take charge of my weight. I agreed and decided once we'd get to Georgia (which was where our next duty station was, and where we were going at the end of Dec) I'd take charge 110% NO excuses. My husband decided he didn't want to risk it though and eventually ended up calling me "lazy" and a "fat '*****'" He pretty much gave me the same reason for cheating on me, too.

I feel pretty low. The one person who was supposed to love me for who I am, in SICKness and in health turned their back on me. Although I could understand if I had gone to GA and not made ONE OUNCE of change, I was dedicated to making a difference. It makes me sad, honestly. There had been times before I told him I would lose it and didn't (You know how that goes) and he eventually told me he didn't believe me when I told him I'd lose it when we got to GA. I know for some people that makes them want to "prove them wrong" but for me, it's so disheartening.

I'm trying to keep my head up though. I'm only twenty. I'm young. I have a lot of life ahead of me. And, I'm happy to say, I'm going to be back on here a lot more. I won a Wii recently and Just Dance 3 and that's a whole lot of work out! Plus, I recently got a job at a Daycare which requires none stop movement. I've lost quite a bit of weight so far, but I'm looking to really push myself now. I want my ex to feel like a stupid fool when I see him at his sisters wedding in September. Today I'm tracking my food to see what my eating habits are like and what I need to change. (I never give up food, I just cut back)

I'm pretty excited to be back on here. :)

All the very best with your weightloss and exercise. You can do this for sure! xxx
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I disagree with all the posts saying to lose weight to "show him who's boss" or whatever. That just seems petty, and the bottom line is that you should only be losing weight for yourself. Perhaps more importantly, why wait until "you're in Georgia" to start? It's just as easy to start laying off the Burger King tonight than a few weeks from now, and having to undo all the damage done in those weeks isn't going to happen overnight.

Not that it matters anyway, since the original poster's recorded weight hasn't changed in the three months since this thread was created.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that your husband is a douche and the weight that will make you healthiest to get rid of is his sorry *kitten*.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Your are stunning! And ya know what...you are much better off with out him :) Now a whole new world of opportunity has been put before you! Onward and upward!
  • lauraallover
    lauraallover Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you for all the support I've received on this board. My husband and I are technically still married, however we are still separated. He left the army and stole a lot of money and is now on the run and dealing drugs. I guess karma really found him.

I am now living with my boyfriend who loves me for who I am. Always finds me gorgeous and tells me that he doesn't care about my size. I'm still on my weight loss journey, and I recently joined a new gym, planetfitness, and I'm getting my coworkers and boss to go with me after work.

<3
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but your husband is a jerk and *kitten*. He should love you and be with you regardless of your size. When my husband and I first got together I was 35lbs less than I am now and I was a bit higher than I currently am. He still loves me, still tells me I'm beautiful and gets mad only when I make comments about my weight and how big I am (he doesn't like it when I talk down to myself). He's been my greatest support in either encouraging me to exercise, congratulating me when I lose, and being ok with the fact that we spend more on groceries to ensure there is plenty of healthy food in the house even though we are low on money since I have been out of work.

I'm sorry you had to go through it. Use it as motivation to lose the weight for you and so you can feel better about yourself. You don't need that sort of influence in your life... weight loss is hard enough without having that sort of influence in your life.