when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You know, I joked around with my husband once and said I want to lose 30 lbs (I could never do that, I love food too much lol) so I would be stick thin like that and he goes eww no, then you would look sickly and thats gross.

I have always thought woman with more on them is prettier. The bottom row is gorgeous, top row is like a 10 year olds body.
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 and she was absolutely gorgeous!
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    bump
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Looking "skinny" or looking curvy can be just a matter of wearing different clothes.

IMG_3201-1.jpg

I love this!! Also-Different camera angles.
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options

amen!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who said it's not cool to turn things around and pick on thin girls like the ones in the top pictures.

HOWEVER, I think it is very, very rare that girls are naturally skin and slender like this. Most women aren't built like that and I do think it is dangerous to make it seem like that is the new standard. Most girls cannot get down to a frame and weight like that without leading an unhealthy lifestyle. If you happen to have a curvier frame, bigger boobs, a bit more on the hips, etc. and you try to get a tiny built like Keira...well, that's not gonna work unless you starve yourself. So, no, I don't wish that obviously talented girls don't get a recognition for their talent but I wish that society would add a bit of a disclaimer to its beauty standards.
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say ......NEVER!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    AGAIN I STATE:
    I did NOT make this photo (couldn't if i wanted too) its the message it sends. A lot of women starve themselves into eating disorders trying to look like the top row of women instead of embracing that maybe their body wasn't meant to look that way. Keira Knighlt I'll admit does look good, though :P

^^^THIS^^^ She isn't trying to BASH anyone and she didn't say that skinny girls are gross shes just stating the obvious - that our society pushes girls into believing that ONLY skinny is beautiful. Most people cannot achieve this kind of body without hurting themselves. EVERY person is different and beautiful in their own way.

Then that is an issue with society, not people in the pictures. You are bashing people no matter how you look at it. It's bullying. So back in the day with Marilyn and then were what people wanted, did people get all ticked at them because not everyone is as curvy or as busted in the chest. It's a change in the ebb and flow of society. In 30-40 years most likely it'll change again. Haters are going to hate. Some people just want to tear down what they aren't and people will always strive and try to achieve what they aren't. It's part of life.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I model my look on vintage Hollywood looks and pin up so I totally agree with this, even though it's a biased opinion :-) :-)
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sorry to everyone who thinks kiera and nicole look good in there. Keira looks sickly and so does nicole (surprisingly nicole looks better then keira), I personally do love keira as an actress and do fin her to be an attractive woman but she is FAR too tiny and could gain 5 lbs. But that is my opinion.

(sp on name)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

amen!

Actually, as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, she would have been more of a size 2/4 today - HOORAY for vanity sizing!!! :laugh:
    (the pic in this thread is taken at one of her higher weights so probably not a 2/4 there, but at other times she was)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

and size 2 can be just as gorgeous!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who said it's not cool to turn things around and pick on thin girls like the ones in the top pictures.

HOWEVER, I think it is very, very rare that girls are naturally skin and slender like this. Most women aren't built like that and I do think it is dangerous to make it seem like that is the new standard. Most girls cannot get down to a frame and weight like that without leading an unhealthy lifestyle. If you happen to have a curvier frame, bigger boobs, a bit more on the hips, etc. and you try to get a tiny built like Keira...well, that's not gonna work unless you starve yourself. So, no, I don't wish that obviously talented girls don't get a recognition for their talent but I wish that society would add a bit of a disclaimer to its beauty standards.

The disclaimer need to be with each person. If you run with the pack of wolves that is your own fault when you get chewed up and spit out. Too many people are afraid to be different. That isn't societies fault, but the fault of the person. Everyone is so quick to blame society or others. The truth is written on your own heart.

This post and people agreeing show that society isn't as biased as one makes them out to be. Yet people take what is shown on the run ways and ASSUME that is what society thinks. Yet it's far from that, most people are pretty indifferent. Especially guys, we all like things different. Ever listen in on a guys conversation of who they think are hot. It's funny to listen to because we have such huge variances in what we like. It has nothing to do with society. Some things just make others tick more than others.

Ex. I prefer a woman with a nice tush. My bud doesn't like them unless they are a bit top heavy, when I could care less. That has nothing to do with society. It's just our preferences.

To be honest I think 3 of the top, and 3 of the bottom are attractive girls, both top and bottom has girls I don't think are attractive. (Kirsten and Shirley don't do it for me)

Add in the bottom pictures they are in modeling poses, while the top girls aren't in modeling poses it makes a difference. I have a feeling who made the picture found pictures that fit their agenda.
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see all the people that said the skinny girls look sick lose weight and end up looking like them. Would they still say that it's sick?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Sorry to everyone who thinks kiera and nicole look good in there. Keira looks sickly and so does nicole (surprisingly nicole looks better then keira), I personally do love keira as an actress and do fin her to be an attractive woman but she is FAR too tiny and could gain 5 lbs. But that is my opinion.

(sp on name)

And Marylyn looks like she needs to put down the cheeseburger just an opinion
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanx for posting
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    and the OP is eating 1000 calories or less a day. so, who's body are you trying to get?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

(sp on name)

And Marylyn looks like she needs to put down the cheeseburger just an opinion

In that particular picture, she does look bigger than I'd want to look. She has a beautiful face, which I'm sure plays a big factor in the frenzy around her.
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on FB yesterday. My opinion is that is didn't get hotter, but that's just me. It's sad that the clothing industry has made it even harder to have womanly curves. I wouldn't mind being curvy so much if shopping wasn't such a nightmare.

I heard a quote from a male fashion designer once who said he wanted a clothes hanger and not a woman for a model, because he wants to show the clothes and not the girl in the clothes. So fashion models are designed to be clothes hangers. Their bodies are supposed to be non existent to show the clothes. Personally, I would never ever want to be referred to as a human clothes hanger.

Now some girls are naturally thin and athletic like Kiera Knightly. She's that way naturally, and she's very pretty. Other girls have to starve themselves to try for that look, and that's really not necessary. I have curves. I have always had them. I had them at age 11 and I have them now. I've had them when I weighed 127lbs and when I weighed 300lbs. I am not going to fight nature to try to be something I am not. And I will never, ever be naturally non-curvy. I think if you are who you are naturally, then that's beautiful and sexy. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Up until my mid 20s, I had a build like Keira or Nicole. More like Nicole because I didn't have muscle like Keira. Hearing "real women have curves," constantly being told to eat something, that you look like a boy, or that you need implants, is no better of one's psyche than being told you need to lose weight.