when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Bettie Page surely has the most amazing figure!

I won't complain about skinny girls because we all come in different shapes and sizes but I ALWAYS want to feed Keira Knightley.

I volunteer to cook for her. :-D

I think part of it how much these people work as well. They are on the go quite a bit, add in the fact they have trainers that are pushing them to the limits. She is really toned, if it was just ribs you saw, maybe but the girls has some abs going big time.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more. Pictures like this make me pretty sad to be honest, because shouldn't we be more worried about a person's health before their appearance? I think they all look absolutely great.

^^This! The picture made me pretty sad too. Health should be put first before appearance.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I won't complain about skinny girls because we all come in different shapes and sizes but I ALWAYS want to feed Keira Knightley.

Really? Because I always want to put Melissa McCarthy on a diet. That's an ugly thing to say isn't it? It goes both ways.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Really? Because I always want to put Melissa McCarthy on a diet. That's an ugly thing to say isn't it? It goes both ways.

I googled this chick and still not sure who she is.. Only thing it said was Gillmore Girls.. I'm out of touch I guess. Is that like the Jonah Brothers?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Naturally thin is nice, naturally thick is nice but when you starve or stuff yourself to a certain size then that is when starts to become unattractive and unhealthy.

And I'm sick of hearing the Keira Knightly is naturally thin, yes she is (like in bend it like Beckham where she looks great) but no-one is naturally THAT thin.

Until I hit 30 I WAS THAT thin naturally. I ate pizza and drank beer. Never even thought about working out.

Me too. x
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    *saving*
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Naturally thin is nice, naturally thick is nice but when you starve or stuff yourself to a certain size then that is when starts to become unattractive and unhealthy.

And I'm sick of hearing the Keira Knightly is naturally thin, yes she is (like in bend it like Beckham where she looks great) but no-one is naturally THAT thin.

Until I hit 30 I WAS THAT thin naturally. I ate pizza and drank beer. Never even thought about working out.

Me too. x

Lucky.. Pizza and Beer did me in..Dang college. :-D
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

While she may be thin, she is also very fit and athletic. You may want to note the muscle definition. There is definitely a difference between being skinny and athletic.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    this is ridiculous.

Personally, I think the top row of girls could stand to eat a cheeseburger. if they eat cheeseburgers and look like that well then yay for them and continue on.

as far as the "bashing" goes.. get over it. get some confidence and realize that nothing about this thread was intended to rip YOU down. how could these people possibly know YOU?

*I use the term YOU in a general sense.. not to be confused with bashing an individual. God forbid I hurt a strangers feelings over an open forum on the internet.
  • ashleygeex26
    ashleygeex26 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    After going through my anorexic stage, I became mortified about the decisions I made, and One Tree Hill that season revealed this:

Brooke-Davis-in-Zero-is-Not-a-Size-t-shirt-brooke-davis-15089773-500-391.jpg

While I understand there are girls out there that are naturally thin and a size zero.... many are not and they starve themselves because they want to get there. It upsets me. I was one of those girls that felt the pressure to look like that... and now, that poster means so much to me. I have a picture in my room to remind me I am a naturally curvy girl and I need to embrace it.

It looks like a size....that that model could be wearing.

You can feel that way, but as I said above this picture is what made me stop being anorexic. People have their own opinions. What her shirt is saying is that not everyone is going to be a size zero. While people are going to be naturally thin and fit into a zero, not all girls are. I was in a size 5 and felt fat and starved myself to get into a zero because of the pressures I felt from media and models and everyone on tv being so damn skinny. Realistically, I am not a size zero and girls have to understand it's okay to be like that. Most teens don't see that. They feel the need to be tiny, even if it means starving themselves to get there.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    wuqfyg.gif
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    as far as the "bashing" goes.. get over it. get some confidence and realize that nothing about this thread was intended to rip YOU down. how could these people possibly know YOU?
    It's not OK to bash the people in the pictures either.
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So sad... makes me worry about young girls and what they are being taught is the "ideal" look.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Never.
  • ilovemyhorse
    Options
    Fat people don't like being criticized.
    Neither do skinny people.
    I'd keep your opinions to yourself. This is actually really rude.
    Some people are naturally skinny.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this is ridiculous.

Personally, I think the top row of girls could stand to eat a cheeseburger. if they eat cheeseburgers and look like that well then yay for them and continue on.

*I use the term YOU in a general sense.. not to be confused with bashing an individual. God forbid I hurt a strangers feelings over an open forum on the internet.

Well just to clear the air on my behalf...I didn't take a single remark personally. I just wanted to point out that it's not okay to bash the women in that picture for being thin anymore than it would be okay to bash other women for being big, thick, fat, or whatever. It's a double standard and you know it.
  • brvanover
    Options
    Putting down girls for being thin is just as bad as putting down girls (or really anybody) for being overweight. Shaming one group does not make the other group more superior.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Fat people don't like being criticized.
    Neither do skinny people.
    I'd keep your opinions to yourself. This is actually really rude.
    Some people are naturally skinny.

Thank you.
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    I agree
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    I totally agree, you really can be too thin in my opinion (not something I suffer with however lol) Those women from earlier hollywood look amazing! Thanks for posting it really reminded me how you dont have to be size 0 to look good :-) x

Agree!!!