when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is kind of mean. While I think anorexia or any eating disorder that leaves a girl skin and bones is sad and just as unhealthy as obesity I will not bash on skinny women. I'm naturally built like the top row of girls. I work out, lift weights and eat balanced and well. I was thin even when I didn't work out, eat well or give two sh*ts about my body. I have been teased and ridiculed my entire life about it and honestly pictures like this are as mean spirited as someone saying mean and hateful things about fat people.

Both rows of women in that picture are beautiful in their own ways. If any of the celebrities have eating disorders then I feel bad for them but I will not trash talk them.

Thank you! I think these sort of "skinny bashing" posts on Facebook are getting to be redundant. I find them to be in poor taste and probably started by people who are not content in their own skin. Some people are naturally more on the thin side, so why would that make them less beautiful than anyone else? I'd like to see how well this whole campaign of body bashing would fly if the top row of women pictured were larger than the ones pictured at the bottom. Every body type and every body is beautiful.

Exactly. If I as a skinny girl went around pointing out that fat girls don't look as good as my body type I would be killed in about .5 seconds. Double standard much?
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    I adore Lucille Ball, I think she had it all, she was talented, funny and beautiful. The smallest she wore was a size 12. I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?

Comments like this is why I had to talk my wife out of breast implants when she was 19. It's mean spirited even if its not meant to be. It's no better then the people in the other camp.

Agreed. If fat, moderate or larger boned girls don't want to be called hateful names or put down for their natural size then why would us thin girls feel okay about ourselves after everyone trashes on us. People really need to stop and think.
  • twinsmake3
    twinsmake3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I don't think guys actually find being super thin very attractive.

I know my DH personally prefers the curvy bottom row.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    My hubby loves curves and so do I. IMHO....Those women pictured at the time look so fraile and un-healthy.

:happy:

And how would it fly if I said my hubby likes thin sexy women and IMHO YOU look fat and nasty? I haven't looked at your pics so I have no idea what you look like but I'm trying to make a point. What makes you think your comment is okay? Is my comment to you okay?
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    I completely agree. Keira Knightley was GORGEOUS in the first Pirates of the Caribbean. She was a new star and had not given into the pressures of Hollywood yet. She was simply beautiful.

By the third movie she had lost so much weight. It really detracted from her looks. So sad. Can't these girls see how unhealthy they look? I know I am no one to judge. I'm a little too far on the OTHER end of the spectrum (;D) But still, it's a shame.

It's a shame you're on the other end of the spectrum. This is still as rude as someone pointing out your fat (I haven't looked at your pictures so I don't know what you actually look like so I'm just making a point).

I'm naturally thin and actually trying to get ripped like Keira in that picture. Your comments, whether your realize it or not, are just as hurtful as someone calling you fat.
  • ManaMoo32
    Options
    I dont believe it has ever been more attractive. The clothing industry has tried to make it so that anyone with curves feels unattractive. Personally i believe having curves makes you look more like a woman and not a little kid.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    I dont believe it has ever been more attractive. The clothing industry has tried to make it so that anyone with curves feels unattractive. Personally i believe having curves makes you look more like a woman and not a little kid.

So my body type is like that of a little kid? Don't you think that's a little mean/harsh? What if I said that bottom row of women have the body type of cupcake eaters...would that be okay?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. Keira Knightley was GORGEOUS in the first Pirates of the Caribbean. She was a new star and had not given into the pressures of Hollywood yet. She was simply beautiful.

Do a google image search of Keira in Bend it Like Beckham. She was always as thin and athletic as she is now. Here she is at the premiere of the first Pirates movie: http://www.keiraknightley.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3239/limit/views

When she's fully clothed in a period costume, you just can't see the arms and abs and legs.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Do a google image search of Keira in Bend it Like Beckham. She was always as thin and athletic as she is now. Here she is at the premiere of the first Pirates movie: http://www.keiraknightley.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3239/limit/views

When she's fully clothed in a period costume, you just can't see the arms and abs and legs.

No shes an evil evil women that is driving little girls to anorexia along with anyone that says shes attractive.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

No shes an evil evil women that is driving little girls to anorexia along with anyone that says shes attractive.

Yea...because people develop anorexia because of a skinny celebrity...Get real.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for posting!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    love this!!!
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think Elizabeth Taylor was the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet. I'd MUCH rather look like her than one of the 'scrawny ones' that Hollywood is filled with today!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    In my view, it never has. Don't like the idea of being with someone I could snap in half :wink:

well said
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think Elizabeth Taylor was the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet. I'd MUCH rather look like her than one of the 'scrawny ones' that Hollywood is filled with today!

Elizabeth Taylor had a 21 inch waist whixh is smaller than every girl in the top row. I wouldnt want to look like that "porker" Christina Hendricks:huh:
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Personally i believe having curves makes you look more like a woman and not a little kid.
    ^ Love that! So true.

Also, thanks for sharing the picture. Makes a good point. I had no idea how much skinnier we are today. (I always saw pictures of Monroe and thought she looked stick thin - but I was wrong!) She looks beautiful though! Everyone women is beautiful.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Very much agreed with the original post! I don't believe it ever has become more attractive.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Elizabeth Taylor has a smaller waistline then those in the top pictures. EVERY single one of the girls in the top picture has a larger waist line then Elizabeth Taylor.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mariline Monroe is one of my role models!!! All of those women on the bottom row we`re the most gorgeous women of all time (in my opinion) My goal is to look like them... not the top row ladies. I have a friend who as slender as the top row ladies, but that is her physique. I understand if thats the way your born then thats fine, but to starve yourself and deprive yourself to look like that, it`s not healthy!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    and again , someone makes a completely innocent post and people tear it to shreds, im sure no hurt was meant but you haters out there just cant help yourself.............................. Nat