when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroes measurements from her dress maker..

36-23-37

and Keira Knightley's measurements...

32-22-34

Wow, so the biggest difference is bust size... exactly. So all women that are skinny should be breast implants is what this topic is really saying...
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?

this is as bad as saying "omg look at chick what a beached whale"

Exactly. Commenting on either is offensive.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?

evidently it is ok to bash thin girls and not fat ones! So completely tired of the double standard!

I freaking hate this kind of hypocrisy
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

evidently it is ok to bash thin girls and not fat ones! So completely tired of the double standard!

I freaking hate this kind of hypocrisy

That crazy part from looking up the peoples measurements is the stomach area is the SAME on almost every one of them. The bottom picture the girls have bigger busts is the biggest difference.. Talk about giving flat chested girls complexes. Shows the true bully nature of women. Girls are catty. Men are pigs. That hasn't ever changed in society.

So to call ones skeletons but not the others is a direct response to chest and butt size and not the other areas that seem to be measuring the same.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    shallow shallow thread! Ba-Bye
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    This lady has the same measurements of Marilyn Monroe.. Her measurements are 35-23-35 while Marilyn's is 36-23-37.

gisele-bundchen-vs-05.jpg

Shows more then anything the magic of photoshop.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Heidi Montag FTW!
  • edenjoy3
    Options
    yeahh i agree...skinny is not always better...I have curves that will never change and I am proud of those curves
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Heidi Montag FTW!

According to the image posted.. Heidi Montag is fat.. She has a bigger waist then Marilyn Monroe.. Heidi's measurements are 34-26-34. While Marilyn's was 36-23-37.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    i WISH I could find a swim suit like those older ones!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I can't find the magazine now, but I have a magazine from the 1940s that had photos and measurements of all the hot actresses of the time. Betty Grable, Hedy Lamar, Olivia de Havilland, Carol Lombard, etc. Most of them were right around 34-24-34 with 18" thighs. In other words, depending on the store, a size 0 or 2 today.
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like a girl with some meat and curves...much sexier than skin and bones.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This lady has the same measurements of Marilyn Monroe.. Her measurements are 35-23-35 while Marilyn's is 36-23-37.

gisele-bundchen-vs-05.jpg

Shows more then anything the magic of photoshop.

hmmmm Marilyn did not look anywhere as lean as Giselle. Don't forget in Marilyn's days they used corsets to squeeze the waist in so you could have fat thighs and still a 23" waist. Giselle is also 5'9" or 5'10" and 35 inch hips on a 5'10" woman look different than 37" inch hips on someone 5'5" - in my opinion, a lot better. I personally love Giselle's body type!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    i WISH I could find a swim suit like those older ones!!!

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/swimwear.html :flowerforyou:
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    AGAIN I STATE:
    I did NOT make this photo (couldn't if i wanted too) its the message it sends. A lot of women starve themselves into eating disorders trying to look like the top row of women instead of embracing that maybe their body wasn't meant to look that way. Keira Knighlt I'll admit does look good, though :P

^^^THIS^^^ She isn't trying to BASH anyone and she didn't say that skinny girls are gross shes just stating the obvious - that our society pushes girls into believing that ONLY skinny is beautiful. Most people cannot achieve this kind of body without hurting themselves. EVERY person is different and beautiful in their own way.

Then that is an issue with society, not people in the pictures. You are bashing people no matter how you look at it. It's bullying. So back in the day with Marilyn and then were what people wanted, did people get all ticked at them because not everyone is as curvy or as busted in the chest. It's a change in the ebb and flow of society. In 30-40 years most likely it'll change again. Haters are going to hate. Some people just want to tear down what they aren't and people will always strive and try to achieve what they aren't. It's part of life.

EXACTLY! Its about society, thats my point and hers. I'm not bashing on anyone and you are implying that I am! People are attacking the OP tho and I don't think thats fair thats why I commented. The OP didn't come in here and say these woman are disgusting and people are implying that she did. She is saying its an issue with society pushing girls to think ONLY this is attractive. I think both sets of woman are beautiful in their own way personally. To all the other people who are bashing thin or fat then shame on them.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    everything im finding on Elizabeth taylor says she was 36-21-36
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: LOVE THE CLASSIC / CLASSY HOLLYWOOD OF YESTERYEAR!
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on FB yesterday. My opinion is that is didn't get hotter, but that's just me. It's sad that the clothing industry has made it even harder to have womanly curves. I wouldn't mind being curvy so much if shopping wasn't such a nightmare.

I hate having to shop for jeans and finding the pants are made for some chick with no butt. I'm just draggin' this wagon and I'm proud of it. No way would I want a no butt!
  • TeraMarieD
    Options
    I love the bottom row...gorgeous ladies!

No matter how skinny I get I always have a booty, lol.